Calvin19

Me: Hospital... still... Uggg

Adam, you're banned from my house. Go to the hospital and eat jello.

-am
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Hey Heck-

Haven't heard anything from you (or anybody for that matter) lately. Just wonderin how you're doin.

Drop a line and let us all know you're still pestering the nurses...
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

in reply to " I hate the Hospital. I dont give a fuck if it is the best human care Hsptl in the World. "

Hospital escape method 1.
(have to be able to stand up a bit.)
*Refuse to use stainless porta potty in front of cute nurse.
*con cute nurse into letting you go to regular/staff toilets. When left alone throw SS potty through nearest window.

Now for the hard part when injured....climb out window . When tested this method failed due to not being able to climb out window over top of wash basins. If you make enough noise smashing the window the nurses will catch you before you hit the floor.B|

This will at least get you a move to a more secure ward where things may be more interesting.

Hospital escape method 2.

Ya gonna need your mates help for this one.
Wheellie /walky in hossy park. Waiting car ........:o

This method fails when you want to go home to the hospital and your mates won't let you.

Time flies when the drugs are good .

Get well soon or let us know how you managed to escape.
Cheers

I tried to escape a lot. main problem, They have a "code alert" alarm placed on mine and every other patients wrist (due to the "mental" hospital im prisonor of) and the alarm transmitter goes off if i get within 2 meters of any exit door or any elevator. in percussion the door or elevator locks, bright lights flash all over the nurse station, the door and patient is identified by a board in nurse station, and i am punished by being threatened by being kept under doctors orders ("kept prisoner" i and my freinds and family prefer) The alarm bracelet also goes off if it is removed, and patient is located. There is also a seperate one mounted to my wheelchair.

Problem II:The patient/floor staff ratio is currently 27/19 in the day, and 27/11 at night.

Problem III: If i WAS to escape, i could never go home, nor could i exist at all as i used to. Reasons:
A- My External fixator that i dont want to remove on my own, i could, i have seen it done, but the pain was enought that there was local painkiller, and the patient was unconsious. so i would like to have it done by a doctor.
B-I am a Commercial/multiengine/instrument/turbine pilot. and my doctors sighnoff on my injuries are the only thing that will ever let my fly a plane legaly in the US or affiliated aviation system ever again.
C-Uppon escape, i would lose eligability for all therapy, including the only one i care about: PHYSICAL THERAPY. Its the only one that matters. My activities before the injury involved BASE jumping(and any jumper who knows about planning and executing a city BASE jump can testify to its difficulty), Paragliding, piloting kingairs,PITTS,Citabrias,etc [thankfully, i have already met with some feds, and they assured me that i can retreive my liscense and medical when i get out], Designing and building fairly complex rope freefall (ropejump) sysltems of large distance, Shooting and Editing (whitebalancing, etc) my medium length films, as well as tactical trading on EBAY and the stock market.-------My activities that im asked to perform in psych therapy involve learning how to do laundry, cook meals, plan a movie theater outing, and build 4 peice model airplanes and fly them, as well as use microsoft fight simulator because "it relates to my past"
D-main problem: If i was to SUCCESSFULY escape, with my fully conscious and aware state, my insurance will not pay for the medical bill (my theory for the alarms and staff ;-) )

My previous attempts to escape were while i was still "wakeing up" and i didnt know shit, barely who i was. they included trying to get on the elevaator and trying to crawl downstairs to my freinds truck. (my freind still thinks i can and should try to escape, they have attended some rehab sessions as my company they and find them not only a joke, but know that i can do better with my normal "brain excercises" that are fittingly difficult for me, and know i WILL continue everything i used to do in my life when i recover. I already am helping Alex and Nick design our next freefall system, i am halfway through editing my next film on flying, rope and BASE jumping, and indoor RC heli flying.)

As for this hospital, Im not the only one that says it is bullshit, my family and freinds find it worthless after me wakeing up from the delusion of head trauma. If anybody wants to know all the floating theories, i can later explain, but i was just given an ambien 5min ago and will start feeling it soon.

as for the people who were being sarcastic while earlier defending the rehab therapists, I would, and very much mean to say FUCK YOU, but while i know that my physical therapists and some psych therapists who are dealing with severe brain injuries are good, i know that my brain injury does not justify the need to cook, do laundry, and build 4peice models to "rahabilitate" my brain. so fuck them, i know your both therapists and forgive my maddness.

I know that i can still do year 5 college trig and fly RC helicopters indoors (and hospitals) so fuck you for saying or think i need this.

forgive the slight french and attack, but i feel very strongly about this. I believe this is the first time i have been aggresive on DZ.com.

blueskies all, and remember, dont crash. even with a helmet, i had one. the attached picture is forever...
cheers.

in reply to "Problem II:The patient/floor staff ratio is currently 27/19 in the day, and 27/11 at night. "

Yeah that's a fair tight lock down.

My little stay (about 3 months ) is happily in the dimm darkish past now . I never got out of the hossy grounds on my escape bids. In the end was having too much fun and they kicked me out. Thought it was all a dream anyway and wasn't feeling much just passing out when caught. Got tied down eventually and reduced to a dribbling id. Had to close one eye to stop the world turning but it still rolled around. :ph34r:

Made some friends in the psych wards I can still remember. One girl in her dressing gown who really should have come home with me later. I became a tabacco addict thanks to it being the most social thing to do. Couldn't taste them at the time. I had the best haircut.... one side fully shaved the other longish. As I got better I went visiting other laid out inmates and they were very happy for me when I got let out legally.

Your activities sound sort of fulfilling ..except for the 4 piece model plane thing.

Afterthought .. How fluid/electric/blade proof is the security band ?
You can only get away with the badder shyte while you're still a bit woosy so don't waste anytime before the next escape attempt cause you'll be outta there almost before you know it.;)

Ps good to hear some french agression kicking on in there....must be getting better real quick.

Ciao

Good to hear that you're recovering. Hang in there! :)
Don't be too harsh on the rehab doctors who posted in this thread. One of them is a BASE jumper who has personally had to go through rehab, too, you know. (Plus, the other one is my wife, so please be nice to her.)
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

tom,
bro, i know your wife and send my apologies to her. I dont really enjoy mental rehab therapists but it would never stop me from being freinds.

seriously, tell her.

be well

I dont really have access to high strength electricity, a knife, scissors, or hammer. but the electricity thing is a good idea though. but im not really still tring to escape, im fully awake now, and am doing the trig and helis on my own, so they wouldnt believe i was delerious. (part of my main detest for still being here) i also never forgot how to cook, do laundry, and go to movies so again im mad at being here.

Thanks for the help my friend, you make me laugh. its been a long tim e since i have laughed.

be well bro

Who is this matt/ calvin kid with his sick pictures? Why does every one like him so much? He doesnt seem that cool. What the deal?
Symmetry doesn't matter.

hey deadman,
who the hell are you huh?
you think you can ski, but you cant. I outdid you all day at copper in colorado, you know it as well. you tried to catch up but all you did was hit a snowboarder. as i hear your still dealing with the lawsuit!

Go jump into an abyss, even bring your parachute if you like. you will be fine. i promise.

;-)

by the way, when you comeing to see me again?

Ch

well, they gave me my release date. they say may 12th.

These people took my soul. I did not give it. I will be bed ridden until june and will learn progressivly again, in this order,
how to Walk,Drive,Sail,run,fly my plane,skydive,wingsuit,BASE jump,and of course, Paraglide.

I lost a lot of money on this. My deductable was 10 large USD, ($10,000) and the final bill for the insurance will hover around 450,000USD.

In the crash i lost a 1200$ harness from being cut off me, 500$ of cold weather flying clothes, a 120$ helmet, 280$ HanWag boots (they helped but didnt help,and they got cut off me as well) I will not be able to work from feb 6th to the end of summer.
So, in total, this is costing me around $30,000 USD.

Anybody who contributed to my paypal donation is greatly needed and apreciated. I thank Pope a million times for setting it up. If anyone else wants to contribute, i believe it is still setup at triaxproductions.com.

Thanks to everyone, but i still am missing my soul. Another month in here, ugg.

Keep flying my freinds, for me if anything.

Anybody who contributed to my paypal donation is greatly needed and apreciated. I thank Pope a million times for setting it up. If anyone else wants to contribute, i believe it is still setup at triaxproductions.com.

Matt--you can thank me and all of us by hitting the PT hard (I have no doubt you will) and getting back out here with us ASAP!
(and yes, the account IS still set up at www.triaxproductions.com.

see you within a week bro!
pope

Get over yourself. You are so self obsessed.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

Get over yourself. You are so self obsessed.

go lick some faggot balls.
how about that?

kidwicked,

The 3 weeks i spent in intensive care there was anywhere between 30 and 50 of my freinds waiting to just see me even while i was in a drug induced coma. a lot of them skydivers and base jumpers.
actualy, i dont think i am obsessed with myself, i might be if i went around writing stuff like that.

Im sorry man, i hope you stay well.
but shit, im pretty sure im not self obsessed enough to go write "get over yourself, you are so self obsessed".

If that all was a joke, im sorry for the comeback.

my crash was a paraglider crash kidwicked, but my BASE jumping is always in my head. I mean all this even if your crash is not a BASE crash.
CH.

Guys, let's keep this nice. Matt can use all of our help and support as he goes through his recovery.

Kidwicked, remember that this is probably Hecker's first experience with a serious recovery. It's going to be a pretty major event in his life, and not just now.

A little perspective might be helpful.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Calvin - I don't even know you, but know some of the folks that you hang with. I've been following your progress and passing the good vibes your way regardless of the fact that I don't know you. You are one of my brother's brothers, that makes you a brother to me. Keep it real, and positive (-:

KidWikked - hope you are joking around, but if not - GET LOST.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

check out the attached... this is what the hospital is supposed to be like!!!

I KNOW YOURE FEELING BETTER NOW MUTHAFUKA!!! that smile on your face is the best!

-am
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Too bad about the Nazi Nurse, eh, Matt? I do want to know, though... Was she young enough to have joined in and maybe just a little shy? Awwww, fcuk it...looks like Kelly was enough for you to handle. Glad you enjoyed it.

Baz, I want to see the 'unauthorized' pics.
-C.

I'd feel awesome too if someone brought me an Elmo that size. Hope you're feeling better hecker, that Elmo kicks ass
Premier Member IGPA
2009 IGPA Overall Champion

WWTAD

. . . .anyways hey Hecker bro hang in there. I've been keepin tabs on this whole thread and all I can say is that you are a much tougher man than I. :)

Cheers,

J.P.

maan next time i get injuryed ill log in on a hospital near YOU:P:D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber