jonstark

Rolleigh Collins

I don't think many of you knew him but he took his life this week in Joshua Tree.

He was one HELLUVA nice guy and an impressive, a REALLY impressive climber. He spent much time slacklining and was an amazing hang-gliding pilot and a good skydiver. His resume is long and star studded.

Remember him at your next exit and know he's released from his earthly bonds.

jon

Super Sorry to hear that last night. Rolleigh was a strong unique individual. He will be missed.
Jay Epstein Ramirez
www.adrenalineexploits.com

Here are some links to posts on some climbing forums. All are in tribute to Rolleigh and will give some depth to his achievements.

RIP Rolleigh

http://joshuatreeclimb.com/forums/joshuatreeclimb/posts/29656.html

http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/thread.html?topic_id=166349&f=0&b=0

http://joshuatreeclimb.com/forums/joshuatreeclimb/posts/29656.html

I hope you can now rest in peace Rolleigh, it was good to hang out with you.......

George
http://georgechurchill.blogspot.com

i met Rolleigh in Norway in 04. another wonderful experience with a person with lots of energy. another great experience not taken for granted. fly free brother

He flies well now.

be good brother. i almost found you. but i will... someday

…I don’t forget never your sympathy !
He'll be missed.
See you in another beautiful sky without tears !
Fly for ever free friend !
Maury

Blue skys bro
Rolleigh looked after me on my 2nd week after doin my FJC at the potato bridge when everyone else had left, thanks again dude...
Matt #1069

I met him a couple of time at ITW: he was so a sunny guy that only some hours togheter are enough to say i'll miss him a lot.

see you great man
giamma

I am very sorry to hear that we have lost this larger than life character, Raleigh Collins.

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting and hanging out with him in Moab a few years back. I remember him being so happy. I really enjoyed listening to stories about his cool adventures. He and I hit it off well, due to our mutual love for climbing and BASE. I wish that I had spent more time with this very charismatic person.

Good Bye my friend...

very, very sad
sauce

Anyone have contact information for family?

Fuck!
Where are all the details? ive searched the climbing sites for details and cant find anything. Did some jumps with him in Norway And Switzerland. Cool guy He was El Cap 512. The Claw. Fuck!!!

check the links on the 3rd post and it will be there.
take care,
space

How high is the joshua tree or the rock he jumped from. is it possible he was looking over the edge and as a base jumper the energy of the rock was pulling at him so hard so he jumped? we all get to exit points and look over the edge to scope out flying paterns but have to back off because we dont have are rigs on yet. the cliff calls for us to send.
????
Fuck!

Sad sad news.

Raleigh was an awesome guy. Always a smile and full of great stories...

I met Raleigh at the ITW a few years ago, he returned each summer for climbing and jumping.

Fly forever free Raleigh.
BASEstore.it

Thought I'd share an ickle story...

The Mucho BASE team were returning from some "plane" training this weekend and stopped to make a flick on the way home.

The object is right next to a restaurant and we know the owner well. As usual the owner came out to watch and set up an accuracy pad in the LZ. Telling us if we hit the X we win a bottle of wine.

Jammy was off first and just missed the X, still at the exit we heard the owner call out "NIENTE!" (Italian for nothing) :D I was off next and overshot. Gloria was last but was also a couple of metres off target.

The owner said as we had showed "effort and determination" we could still have the wine. We fired the cork in the LZ and made a toast to Raleigh Collins.

J
BASEstore.it