gharendza

The First Four

Hi,
About all this talk about Acomplishing BASE and Aguiring a BASE Number.
Maybe all BASE jumpers might look back at all the Hard Work that the Founders of the BASE Award Did.

Just to mention the first four,

Phil Smith BASE#1
Phil Mayfield BASE #2
Jean Boenish BASE #3
Carl Boenish BASE #4

Thank You,

Gerald Harendza
BASE #75
A Very Proud BASE Jumper to Acomplish BASE !

I ,personally, am extremely proud that I have accomplished BASE. But I do not see the relation between the pride felt for being a BASE jumper and the BASE numbers.

I am not about numbers and I am not competitive.

I have never been, and never will be.
For example, I can not tell you how many skydives I have... I can tell you it's more than 200 and less than 300. I can not tell you how many base jumps I have... It's more than 100 and less than 130. I DON'T care!
I am partaking in the activity for the human adventures and the human bonds created by the activity, the amazing views, the experiences ect... I don't care how many jumps I have/make!!!

To paraphrase NDG: "10 jumps or 500 jumps we are all one jump away from a major plaster incident or worse"! This sort of equalizes everybody!

To me BASE is about freedom, respect, tolerance and incredible human bonds... Not about numbers, quantity, rank or condescending seniority ect... I deal with this crap in everyday's life already so I try to escape this as much as I can...

One can be extremely proud to be a BASE jumpers but not externalize/show it to the world with a number.

Just my take on it.

The numerical value of your BASE number has little meaning.

The fact you demonstrated a combination of skills to jump all four objects is what matters.

No person emerges from that journey without a refreshed outlook on life.

I got my BASE number because I see it as a valuable tradition and a way of paying respect to the pioneers of this sport.

"We are just BASE tourists in comparison." CP

"We are all celebrating the human spirit" JB
BASEstore.it

Right on. I always thank the pioneers for paving the way. They had balls.

Lets go waaaayy back...

In 1779 Joseph Montgolfier (navigated the first balloon in 1783) reported to have made a successful descent from a housetop at Annonay.

--
abbie:)
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

I am not about numbers and I am not competitive.

sounds good.

I have respect for everyone, who pushed this way of life or is just having fun within this sport.
but I do not connect persons to numbers.

it´s the engine, not the licence plate.
--------------------------------------------------

With sufficient thrust,
pigs just fly well