dmcoco84

Track Suits

Nice Cris! A perfect B!!! 1 meter is enough, as long as it is possible to pull later! Come to northern Norway. There you can get 3-4 such low passes during one jump and 50 sec delay! You got the spirit!

Fly low, pull high....VKB#7

http://www.fatsnake.com

I made a pair of pants modeled after atle's smoke pants out of walmart grade ripstop nylon rainpants. i reinforced all the seams with binding tape and made mid thigh inlets using some 5"x5" cordura patches with 4 #3 grommets in each patch. I've used them for tracking at the dz with excellent results as far as track distance and inflation. I'll post pics shortly. (added) I also sewed on belt loops made of bindtape and use a leather belt to prevent them from ending up around my ankles.

Don't know the exact word for ripstop nylon in danish, but did a little research on it and found out that even though it's water and wind proof it's at the same time also breathable.. Isn't that a bad thing.. Wouldn't those really old rainjackets were you skin couldn't breath at all be the best material you could use.. It's not easy to find those any more, but I'm sure some low price or second hand store would have them.. Another question I have orderd the PF track pants, but couldn't afford the jacket, so I'm at the moment looking for a jacket made out the most ZP material, I'm gonna but bungeecords or ripcords in it, but should I also make air inlets in the sleeves like on the smoke pants????

By the way sorry about the spelling..

i dunno. I figured ripstop would be a bit more reliable fabric. as far as inflation goes, it seems to work alot like an f111 canopy. yeah its breathable, but it stays pressurized the whole time so i don't think it makes any difference

Hey Lokky, I hope you dont mind me posting a pic of one of the VKB superterminal suits i found. You must of had a hand in this or it's Mr Andreas..."superterminal " . The work and design looks awsome. " I must have one" ....Everyone has been looking for a picture of the suits you are using so i thought they would appreciate it.

chrisB|

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

Do they cut of there legs underneath the knee to get a better performance?:)
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Yo Vandev!

I will post a better pictures of my suit during the day, I look like a ampute in that picture..

Ill post pics from the front, back and in profile so you can see what I`ve been flying with in Superterminal. The rest of the guys also have similar suits, except lukky luke, who has taken it even further as you might have seen in Superterminal..

Meanwhile, take a look at the future... This is the conservative stuff, look forward to Lukky Lukes out of the hangar..;)
Details later...B|

Peace out!

Yo Andreas, Good to hear form you....

***This is the conservative stuff***

yea right....You sure you guys dont work for the NASA Space Center:o

That future look great...... Look forwrd to the additional pics of the suit.....:)
I think you guys have to much extra time on your hands to be comming up with all this cool stuff...

You guys need more Mcdonalds to even out the playing fields....:S

Later....Chris

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

How did you hook up the cords in the pants?

Espen said he ties the ends to the loop on the back of his shoes.....Said the setup is a bit uncomfortable when standing but kicks ass when tracking...B|

VKB tips and tricks...

I've tied the cord to my shoelaces (near the toe) in the past, at the same place you attach the Phoenix booty clip.

Works fine.

I'm curious about two things.

1. What's in their hands? Notice how his sleeve ends very wide. I can't imagine that's just his thumb sticking to the side. Is it a build in handle?

2. Where do the tensioning cords in the arm go to? In the past I've used a single elastic from thumb to thumb, stretched across my chest. This gave me greatest range of motion. Alternatively you can use a separate elastic on each side and pull them towards your belt. It limits the motion somewhat, but it gives more surface under your arms. Looking at the image, it doesn't look like he goes to the belt, and it seems he has the cord running behind his back.

From what Andreas and Espen have told me is... Loke Luke is the technical wizard and that they go from thumb to thumb. Andreas said he was going to post some more pick's of his setup. As soon as he gets the rest of his legs from the knee down connected he will probally post them..:o

I would bet that even with legs only down to the knee thay would kick ass....:D

Suggestion to VKB...... Get a Mcdonalds in your town to keep things fair...:P

...and that they go from thumb to thumb.

Behind the back or across the chest? On the picture it looks like it's behind the back. I'm wondering if there is a significant advantage to that. It creates a cupping effect, rather than a flat smooth surface. My guess is it'll make you fall slower, but move forward slower to.

Then again, they're the experts.

We should get a reply in the morning ...;) How have you bin Japp? did you get some New gear yet??:S

...did you get some new gear yet?

Not yet, saving up money... :(

Meanwhile I'm modding my Phoenix suit (hence my interest in this thread) for some skydiving.

Let's give them directions to both... I would be willing to even send free big mac with double cheese coupons...... Now thats taking one for the team....:ph34r:

Skinny fit bastards..... Have they know vices.....

besides tracking like formula one cars...:o

Skinny fit bastards...

I don't think the McDonalds coupons will help. what they need are cable cars to their exit points and stop all that friggin' hiking!
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

Here are few additional pics of my set up.

The jacket was donated by Alti-2 (free!).

The pants are Wal*Mart. (19.95).

I know Tom has concerns about the quality of the pants from his past experience.

However those are pretty well built and all you really have to do if in doubt is to reinforce all critical points with e-thread zig-zag or bar-tack.

The booties and knee pads are made out of cordura. The leg intake is z-po fabric, and the mesh fabric for the intakes is a semi-rigid one.

Anyhow, I get vertical speeds in the 70s and I am very, very pleased with the performance.
Memento Audere Semper

No doubt - i've had cheap wal mart rain gear break after a low amount of usage more times than not. Wouldn't want to be half way to speed four or five seconds into a dive and have my 10 dollar pants break on me.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

It makes the sleeves rigid. Same for the legs.

Rigidity and no flapping = good thing.
Memento Audere Semper

It makes the sleeves rigid. Same for the legs.

Rigidity and no flapping = good thing.

ok - this sounds logical. :$
do the cords strech (a little) or are the inductile?
inductile cords could be risky when pulling the PC, couldn't they?

Dacron lines, no strech, well close to ;)

You'd pull like you would do on a WS with both hands on the BOC, no problems at all. Actually if you are tracking if feels more natural to put both hands to the BOC...they are already there in a way.
Memento Audere Semper