The world's fastest elevator on the world's tallest building

Did you know the dude in your avatar was convicted of raping his own daughters and forcing them to have his children?:|

no need to comment on my avatar, mines all in fun.

yes. it's meant to be disturbing.

The choice was that creep or Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Just a curious but serious question.

How is this acceptable as 'not naming sites or posting identifying pictures', but the thread with the picture of the equaly, or argueably more famous, worlds biggest bridge in France got deleted as site naming?

Just as an outsider it seems that there are slightly different rules depending on the day of the week.
Ive noticed this a few times recently. Im not going to comment further.
Just an observation is all...

How is this acceptable as 'not naming sites or posting identifying pictures', but the thread with the picture of the equaly, or argueably more famous, worlds biggest bridge in France got deleted as site naming?

Randomness. It's madness really...sites get deleted but there's a shitload of movies in the internest that show sites, how to get to them, how to jump them etc etc. But what do I know...

And possibly because the French have a better chance of understanding this forum than the Chinese. Fire ze missiles...

yeah, i was concerned about this too regarding the website rules and protocols. i thought the picture was pretty cool looking was the only reason i posted it.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Dont get me wrong.
Im not having a dig at you, and it was a pretty damn cool picture. I enjoyed looking at it anyway and I think it should stay :)
It was a serious question though.
I do understand not naming sites for the most part and its a sensible policy in a lot of cases, but when its an international landmark like that building or the french bridge, I think not naming them is taking the rule a bit far so to speak.
I mean its the tallest building in the world. You cant really hide its identity for long...

Im just bored and playing devils advocate :)

Just as an outsider it seems that there are slightly different rules depending on the day of the week.

It actually depends more on when the last time the moderator logged in was, and how much time he has to monitor the forums.

Sorry if I can't be on here 24-7 to meet your every demand. :P
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Am I right in saying its just this forum, and if you posted it in the bonfire as "a nice picture" it would be ok?

.-|-.Kaint.-|-.

Am I right in saying its just this forum, and if you posted it in the bonfire as "a nice picture" it would be ok?

Not completely. It depends on the context it appeared in. The only reason that I got suckered into being a moderator in the Bonfire was to sort out BASE objects discussed in the threads there.

If it was just "nice picture" than it would be fine. If it was "hey, let's go jump off this," it would probably get pulled down.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com