cornishe

IronBASE Competition

Aerials...You must give extra points for aerials...

A wise(ass) man once said, "Aerials are so 90's." :P

Abbie, i'd definitely be up for it. And when you factor in all the swimming i'll inevitably be doing, even YOU could beat me! I think making it a charity event would be great. We can always stand to do a little brown-nosing toward the good people of TF... especially now that they have to live with you on a full-time basis.

For real though, my money is on Baxter. That man climbs like a mountain goat on crack. Just don't get stuck behind him on a Huevos Rancheros morning. :S

-Brandy

Climbs like a mountain goat on crack but drinks like a junior high girl with a wine cooler!B|

Climbs like a mountain goat on crack but drinks like a junior high girl with a wine cooler!B|

Don't worry. The mandatory competitors' drink-til-you-puke the night before will slow him down.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Sweet... I'll just puke by 7:00 PM by drinking a Syrup of Ipecac cocktail, then renourish until 11:00.

It's in the bag B|
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I like your idea Jason, charitable :)
Whatever we decide, I'm in. Just make sure its in May or later so I can be all healed up.
I shall train daily and drink nightly to prepare. Jack Daniels will become the new top secret fuel of champions.

Sounds like a good time.

If it weren't for my low jump numbers and horrendously slow packing. . . . .I would gladly show up and kick all your asses! Especially Mr. Cornishe himself and that pushover Collin. And yeah yeah I know, I'm the guy with the sore knee blah blah blah.

. . . .summer of 07' count me in Abbie.

Cheers,

J.P.

I have a name for the competition......

--------The Tom Manship Memorial IronBASE Invitational----------

I though it was appropriate since this is what Tom did everyday there:)
Maybe the proceeds could go to a fund in Tom's name that helps to keep the park clean or something like that.

Oh, I just thought of another idea for the competition. Why not have a side catagory for most trash hauled out of the bottom. This would be a nice gestureB|

Jason

I'm the guy with the sore knee blah blah blah.

Here's a pic for you.

A year ago, I was the guy w/ the sore knee. Now I got dead people in there. Sack-up or fix it. ;)

-C.

Maybe the proceeds could go to a fund in Tom's name that helps to keep the park clean or something like that.

I second that.

We can always stand to do a little brown-nosing toward the good people of TF... especially now that they have to live with you on a full-time basis.

BWAHAhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! :D:D:D

Charge a minumum $150 fee to enter the contest.......The jumpers pledged to get at least $2500 in donations to participate....

Look, we're BASE jumpers, so scale it down a bit! :D

I have a better idea lets take all the prize money. And spend it on Blow and hookers and after the meat have a big party, that way everyone has fun, and gets laid.
if thats the plan ill pick up all the trash before the comp.
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

I have a better idea lets take all the prize money. And spend it on Blow and hookers and after the meat have a big party, that way everyone has fun, and gets laid.
if thats the plan ill pick up all the trash before the comp.

Awesome idea, Maggot! Let's make our own Event. No competition, no rules, no judges, no charities. Just pure fun. Life without any limits!

Let's call it "Maggot's Independence Day"... or maybe "Maggot's BASE Jihad". :D Every July 4th weekend.

Yuri
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Yuri
that sounds alot like everyday for me.I mean the total I do not give a flying F- thing. and Besides if people didn't make rules I couldn't have fun breaking them Derka Derka. by the way thursday ill bring the party
S-/ bring your rig winds might be good /and dont get drunk /u might have to cary me to the exit point.
i'm never sober after 11am.
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

dont get drunk /u might have to cary me to the exit point.

I have a large camo backpack just for that purpose. :D C-ya @ Puck!
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Oh, I just thought of another idea for the competition. Why not have a side catagory for most trash hauled out of the bottom. This would be a nice gestureB|

Jason

Abbie came over for dinner last night and we discussed this and did a bit of planning. It looks like this is going to happen. We're guessing that it will be Labor Day weekend, rather than Memorial Day weekend, because it will give us a better shot at an all-day weather window.

I'll post our draft of ideas when I get a chance.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

But some can be set aside for plaques or trophies or cash prizes.

How about a couple kegs of beer so everone can share the winnings ;).

That too, but I suggest getting your ass in shape. I don't know about you but I plan to do at least one jump per hour.

That too, but I suggest getting your ass in shape. I don't know about you but I plan to do at least one jump per hour.

>>Ha! You'll never beat me at that rate Tim. I'm the greatest athlete in the world!
:D

Labor day is no good. Thats the day you aren't supposed to labor. Memorial day on the other hand fits in perfectly with the Manship Memorial Ironbase Comp idea.

Besides, Ironbase is all about jumping rain or shine. Strong winds? Suck it up and jump. Anyone can jump hard in nice weather, isn't this Ironbase? You can do Tutubase comp on Labor Day for the softies.

Of course this has nothing to do with the fact that the entire local crew is already booked to out there on May 24 - 29, nothing at all.

If it works out for Mem. day weekend I'll be glad to give a trash packing seminar for those needing to trim some time off thier packjob. It will only last 10 minutes though.

Cya

yeah yeah, i actually am in shape. Might i suggest for you to get younger :P;)B|. i plan to do 1.0714 jumps per hour.:P

yeah yeah, i actually am in shape.

If you say so;) Besides younger isn't an option. Ask me how old I am... I can say 26 which of course at this age I might believe it to be true, but it doesn't make it so. It's been so many years already that I'm not sure anymore. There's so many candles to blow out once a year it's hard to keep track.

Practice packing my friend... it's your only hope B|

I love the idea of the Tom Manship Memorial Iron BASE Competition. And although the idea of some of the fund going to keeping Centennial Park cleaned up and in good repair is a good one, I think the money could be used to higher purpose, such as a children's educational program. I'm all for giving the kids all the help we can, especially in education, health, and general welfare. TF is basically a small community with farming and ranching as the basis of the economy (Tom correct me as you know way more about TF) so there isn't as much money to spare for children's welfare as in a more urban setting. Centennial Park is well maintained in general, and since our future is the children in 15-20 years I think the proceeds would be better spent there. Besides, as BASE jumpers grateful for the freedom of jumping the Perrine I feel it's OUR duty to clean up the park at the end of the day. I've spent many sunsets gathering cans and trash and tidying up the Park before pulling out.

The registration and pledge amounts seem high at $150 and $2500; maybe $50 to register and whatever you can get for per jump pledges would allow more people to participate.

Also, keeping in mind that we are doing this as a memorial and benefit, hopefully guys won't be killing themselves to win the trophy. Being safe and having fun are the most important aspects; the money raised and how that's spent is secondary, and winning the trophy is just the gravy on the Idaho mashed potatoes.

BASE competitions always tend to make me nervous as I'm afraid the young, bulletproof set is likely to lose sight of how dangerous BASE jumping is. Maybe participants should meet certain jump requirements to keep it safe and sane.

Just my .02 cents which is worth about 2 cents.

Peace,
Karen

I was also thinking that a potion of the donation could be to the local S&R, or maybe the local ER.

I was also thinking that a potion of the donation could be to the local S&R, or maybe the local ER.

Local SAR doesn't take donations. However, the Life Flight operation that runs critically injured BASE jumpers to the regional trauma center in Boise does. You can also get a membership, which in addition to being handy if your insurance won't pay up, is a good way to provide ongoing support.

More information here. Memberships can be purchased here.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I'm glad there is a lot of support for this. Everyone is coming up with great ideas. Well not really, some of them are retarded and will be filtered out.

We'll hash out some stuff and and post. Keep the discussion going.

The owner of my company here is part of the chamber of commerce and has mentioned they are interested in being involved in an event.

cya homos.
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE