magot

BURNING SITES

Alright, I'm understanding a little better now the point you guys are trying to make. ITS JUST NOT COOL. I'm sorry. No more stickers.

What does the maker of the sticker think of the practice of tagging jump sites?

All,

I've removed the name of the sticker maker (as well as, in one place, a competing sticker company) from this thread, at the request of that manufacturer.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Well, every plane that I've ever jumped out of, I've put a sticker on the door for good luck

nuff said........

Alright, I'm understanding a little better now the point you guys are trying to make. ITS JUST NOT COOL. I'm sorry. No more stickers.

Kudos to you .....
With all the negative vibes people get for doing the slightest thing wrong in this discipline.....
If no one else is gonna say it...I will....I think changing your point of view like that deserves a pat on the back ( or a sticker....;) )
No really....good for you.

The last thing I meant to do, was start an arguement, or piss anyone off. In fact, I only originally posted to compelment Magot on the Jump. Damn, shit turned fast on me didn't it.:$

The last thing I meant to do, was start an arguement, or piss anyone off. In fact, I only originally posted to compelment Magot on the Jump. Damn, shit turned fast on me didn't it.:$

Are you really that surprised on the reaction of putting stickers on exit points????????????

if so, fuck / bugger / shit / cunt , we have no chance............

Damn, shit turned fast on me didn't it.

Should be a lesson learned then. Welcome to BASE.

Chris winds look good tonight. could you fdex me some of those stikers. there's just so many "B"s waiting for me tonight and not enuff stikers. JUST KIDDING ABOUT THE STIKERS. god i wish i could spell.
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

Sounds like best practise has be established/reminded here.

But a Leave No Trace Bumper Sticker http://www.lnt.org/membership/index.html would be a nice touch- as long as its used on the place intended!

Would be better having one of those on your car turning up to a NP than Skydiving/Base ones..

Hey Chris, I got a gold star for the back of your helmet! We have ALL done stuff that with hindsight, wasn't such a cool idea. My opinion is stickers belong on lunchboxes and bindercovers,not where people that cannot appreciate them can see them.I do know of an "A" that has a "Gambler Would Huck It! " sticker that you can only see after exit. That site was "burned" by some other stupid trick...

I was on top of an object in the city in which i live and I saw this Official BASE site," Graffity"

Maggot, I know how you can fight this highly unethical behavior. Paint big "Derka Derka Mohamud Jehad" graffity over it. :D
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Well, every plane that I've ever jumped out of, I've put a sticker on the door for good luck. And so in that habit, ( whether its good/bad ), when I started Base jumping, I put a sticker on the exit point of everything that I jumped off of. ...............

if someone needs a "sign for good luck", he should keep this to himself.
place a sticker on your helmet or your shoes and you have it with you on every exit....

to the argument with base-vids:
they are inside of the cams and on the tapes, not at the exit or on the way to them.

me personally, I do not like stickers or tags, neither in aircrafts nor at exit points.
if you have the strenght in your mind, you will not need visible signs (for others) on the outside.

of course is a sticker different to a large tag, but the main reason behind both leads to the same effect.
someone not involved or involved in a way we all are not interested in, is able to see your personal "signs".

a better way to preach for good luck would be, take some garbage left by others with you on the way down.
leave the site in a better way than you´ve found it.
and "better" here means: cleaner.

just my point of view.
--------------------------------------------------

With sufficient thrust,
pigs just fly well

if you have the strength in your mind, you will not need visible signs (for others) on the outside.

I like this one:$:)

a better way to preach for good luck would be, take some garbage left by others with you on the way down.
leave the site in a better way than you´ve found it.
and "better" here means: cleaner.

You are welcome to our sites anytime bro! B|
Later
Blair

if you have the strength in your mind, you will not need visible signs (for others) on the outside.

I like this one:$:)

That's a nugget for sure.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

> what ever happened to leave no trace?
Uhhmmm... ...fucked up, maybe? :$
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

couldn't agree more. take your stickers and shove them into your ass yo. said in a nice tone (-:

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

Why don't we let this thread die...
I see no point in going on about stickers...
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Building/property manager : "Hey John, i was on top of our 'east lake' property and i was noticing little stickers that say BASE on them on one of the corners. would you have any idea who is putting them there?"

worker: "No, i have no idea who would put them there..."

manager guy: "well, if you and i dont know, maybe someone is getting up there that we dont need there. we should be more careful with property security."

(all names and placed are fictional in this short story)

KEEP IT CLEAN! NOBODY ELSE NEEDS TO KNOW WE GO THERE!

Dont die!

what was it??

take only photographs...
leave only footprints...

. . .and a bit of wake turbulence.

pope

my mommy used to give me stickers when i was a little baby...i stuck them everywhere and then got an ass whupping for it...

read into that what you will

how about take only altitude leave only wake turbulence...
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

Building/property manager : "Hey John, i was on top of our 'east lake' property and i was noticing little stickers that say BASE on them on one of the corners. would you have any idea who is putting them there?"

manager guy: "well, if you and i dont know, maybe someone is getting up there that we dont need there. we should be more careful with property security."

Manager Guy: Let's call the cops and see if they can figure it out.

Cop: Well, they have left me this nice clue. I'm going to dig around on the internet and see what it means.

Cop: Hey, look at this. It turns out that's a logo from these weirdo's called "BASE Jumpers" who like to parachute off buildings. I'd say you've got a BASE jumper infestation. Better call an exterminator. If you set up video cameras we can get some evidence to go after them next time you see them. And they're already giving us a trail to follow. They're no better than gang members using graffiti to mark their turf. Let's get 'em!

Manager Guy: Wow, I never heard of this "BASE" stuff before. We'll definitely tighten things up around here and see if we can nail those guys.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Cop: Well, they have left me this nice clue. I'm going to dig around on the internet and see what it means.

Cop: Hey, look at this. It turns out that's a logo from these weirdo's called "BASE Jumpers" who like to parachute off buildings. I'd say you've got a BASE jumper infestation. Better call an exterminator. If you set up video cameras we can get some evidence to go after them next time you see them. And they're already giving us a trail to follow. They're no better than gang members using graffiti to mark their turf. Let's get 'em!

Manager Guy: Wow, I never heard of this "BASE" stuff before. We'll definitely tighten things up around here and see if we can nail those guys.

Gee Tom, with writing skills like those you could be a sit-com writer, maybe even the star!!

(insert laugh track here):P

(edit for spelling)

John: Sir, I have been moitoring the new CCTV on the roof and you will never guess what I saw!

Manager Guy: What?

John: I saw you bonking that pretty young thing from Admin!

Manager guy: Shit!!!! Who'se stupid idea was the CCTV anyway???????

you guy's are way to smart for your own good. And Cops are lazy useless moron's . this was posted from NYC. the other day I lost all respect for the police when I saw man
freaking out,,. he was out of his mind on meth or something like that. I ran to a cop and told him this.Now mind u was on the corner or park ave. Do u know what the cop did? He walked the other way. all "most cop's" care about is their pension. so don't go giving them credit until they earn it.
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

Perhaps you should read the last sub from the 'offender' and cut him slack .....

Jeez with this and another thread I'm following on a breach of ethics......I understand the frustration and concern....but frankly the response is just as childish and overdone....

No disrespect , intended...but I expected a more mature attitude from the community in these matters, once someone has accepted what they did was wrong.