garyharbird

130ft non vented

Hey guys
Found water tower 130ft high, climbed it tonight and climbed back down, who here has done 130 non vented, have done 146ft but into water,
Just a little scared :)
LOL
Oh by the way it would be static line

let me know your input
GBH

Hey guys
Found water tower 130ft high, climbed it tonight and climbed back down, who here has done 130 non vented, have done 146ft but into water,
Just a little scared :)
LOL
Oh by the way it would be static line

let me know your input
GBH

We just did 38m cliff (about 124ft) with non vented canopies over hard earth (or actually over solid ice). We did it PCA'd and had no problem with that one, canopyrides were around 4secs, landing very smoothly with rear risers. Canopies were nonvented troll and good old mojo and heigth was measured with Suunto X6.

I'd say that given one jump experience with the subject and assuming that you have good LZ just go for it. :) Needless to say of course that that jump has pretty thin margin for error...

p.s we were pretty scared too. :)
http://www.ufufreefly.com

Is this the Gary I met in Sebastian a few years ago? If so you've changed your tune a bit!

George
http://georgechurchill.blogspot.com

buy your self a vented canopy

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

buy your self a vented canopy

In my experience, the difference between vented and unvented canopies is far more noticeable on low freefalls than on static lines.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

the difference between vented and unvented canopies is far more noticeable on low freefalls than on static lines

you also has a stronger force to pull the canopy out on a SL than on a freefall.
however i still rather would use a vented canopy for both SL,PCA and sub 200ft freefalls..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

done 120feet into water. with clapped out cruislights and meators. those canopys didnt give much of a canopy ride though. just enough time for a bit of imput on the rears for touchdown. salt water is evil =)

Life is Great. Even Greater what we do with it.

jumped 98ft SL on my MOJO (thought it was Bigger).

never got breaks, PLF'ed

Grass Landing area

I havent repeated it yet, so it was just a one off

Greeny

jumped 98ft SL ...

You? Static-Line? I simply can't believe it! Has someone kidnapped Greeny and now trying to infiltrate the Base Board???