reddevil1

F J C IN SPAIN---BEST FUN I HAVE IN YEARS 18/2/2006

Think my bad wording has caused that sentance to be the wrong way round. PM sent to clarify.

Why 'should' someone do a newbie school? Make your BASE connections, find a mentor before you start. When I got back from my FJC it was Craig that hooked me up in the UK. Through him I started jumping with Dan and Neil (he is on a long holiday with Ray's mates), then Ian, Gus, Sean and before I knew it my phone's address book was full of BASE contacts.

But the fact is if you haven't been in skydiving long enough or haven't made the effort to get to know at least one local BASE jumper in person then you are going to face an uphill struggle. Doing a skydive with a newbie you've only just met is not a big deal, taking a newbie BASE jumping who you have never met before in person is a big deal.

This is not an elite group, but dues have been paid (some more than others). If perceived elitism is all it takes to put some people off BASE jumping then good - I'd rather their ego takes a knock than their body.

Will

Thanks scoop, that should clear a few things up,(ps )he was doing me a favour (pm)i only want good ones not personal attacks base 813>:(

yeah sorry that was a tad harsh of me... have asked post ~18 to be deleted....

Thanks for the chat... cleared a lot up and was nice to apologise in person for the public posting rather than private....

you sound a top bloke! :)

Well some one should do a newbie school, it would help a lot,,,and a FJC in the UK ,that would be the iceing on the cake.,,,

And then you soon will have new "BASE" jumpers all over UK hurting themself and burning objects..

Nope what you really need is that FJC all over the world makes sure that a new BASEjumper wont go home to a new world of BASE on their own,but has an experienced jumper behind to help them along..
That means 3 things
#1 People doing FJC should denie people whithout canopy skills and whith out an experienced jumper back home saying ok.

#2 Newbies needs to work abit harder to get acsepted as a newbie but also to know thouse people who later should help them further on

#3 Experienced jumpers needs to open more up,thats the only way to regulate "the attitude" we want to jump off objects in our backyard.Meaning not pushing people away as they ask Q´s etc

Just the way i think of it.. but often im not right..:ph34r:

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

The UK base scene can potentially be such an unpleasant place, you can really understand why people like to do their own thing and therefore can hardly be surprised when people simply wish to avoid getting involved with it.

How this benefits us as a community (sic), I really do not known?

Pete Mac

I have found the UK BASE scene to be almost exclusively friendly and helpful. I've called people I've never met and they've given me directions to objects, I've had phone calls from people I've never met inviting me to objects, I've emailed people I've never met and they've sent me entire dossiers of objects!

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

OK let just clarify it, I was referring to the UK Base Forum itself.

Some regular posters hardly set an encouraging tone for newbie’s to want to contact “a local”. Although it's clearly very desirable to avoid future problems etc...

As for "days out" I usually find it lots of fun as you know!

BTW
Baby girl (Nell) 7 lb, all well and she seems very chilled out for a new born!

Cheer mate

Awesome experience delivery her myself, midwife was right on my 6 though

Sorry - this is off-topic