reddevil1

F J C IN SPAIN---BEST FUN I HAVE IN YEARS 18/2/2006

Thanks to (ULLI) (PAULA) and Lee my partner in crime and,Weed and Swiss Andy and all the others well worth the money for the course 290 feet span what a rush and it opened now just need my new friend troll 285 in the uk Itry not to piss in others people pools now ,and hello to all the AFF people and the New Zeland girl get over it life goes on.
The point of no return what a rush.

Itry not to piss in others people pools now

There is a very easy way to avoid pissing in other people's pools: call the locals! You have plenty of experienced jumpers down in your corner of the country, I suggest you give them a ring or meet them for a beer.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Slightly randomly the Metro published a short trashy article in peeing in pools. Apparently the 'detector dye' is a myth..and it's the pee that makes your eyes sting, not the chlorine.

And on that note, erm, i'd best get back to work.

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

3=DANGEROUS DAN/4=ULLI THE BASE INSTRUCTOR/5= LEE DOING WHAT HE DOES BEST FROM JERSEY/6=CLARE AND DANGEROUS DAN- AND LEE/7=LEE AND DANGEROUS DAN IN THE ZONE.

Good Stuff guys!!!!
Thanks Daniel and Lee for being so patient and understanding with the weather. It happens sometimes wherever you go but we got it sorted in the end!

Hope to see you guys soon!!!
Portugal :-)
Paula and Ulli

Nice one Lee, I remember when the little slaphead was doing AFF in Florida, they grow up so quick these days, sniff.:P

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

B| See all the gang soon, great fun,worth the money, Portugal here i come, keep me posted.

its so easy to unleash the fury onto the community with a few quid and a few jumps…..

so tell me, why are your non jumping friends emailing / PMing all of us UK jumpers trying to get you contacts and friends rather than you?

Also, I would to like to hear your report of your FJC, I want to know why it was so good...

seriously...

I'm a bit lazy sorry

Not that lazy you take time to shout a YEEHAA to say you have jumped though!

post on the UK board.... thats the best place to make UK friends...........

Keep's getting( hacked)

you obviously only spent 2 weeks trying to access it then....

thats dedication.......

just curious, from all the PM's and eMails from people, I am questioning whether this spanish course is actually as "decent" as people are thinking....

I WILL put my neck out here and say that from all the PM's and eMails I have had, this course is not as tight and worthwhile as people are thinking....

I WILL stick my neck out and say that the people that attended this course are NOT worthwhile jumping in their own country after the course - so why do you think the FJC is worthwhile.....

you guys may be experienced, but you have just released some inexperienced people on our country without a blink of an eye.... that to me is disrespectful... pas I would love to hear your thoughts about releasing someone like this back on our own soil....

I sit back and await the flack.... I do admit I am a cunt sometimes

Feel I should add a little to the whining in here. Locals will know but for the others I have made contact with a few of you.

I volunteered myself to help RedDevil1 out, looking in the line of groundcrew. Now I have no BASE experience and very little skydiving experience but I dont pretend that I do.

To me this seemed good. Help a fellow jumper out and in turn learn something in the long slog to maybe being my turn some time in the far off future. I give a bit of labour, im rewarded with a bit of knowledge. I thought this was standard practice and a good way to work your way up amongst the community.

I made contact with a few locals as much for myself as for him and it appears it doesnt work like that. Once a bad impression has been painted, its hard to change.

Im kinda sad that it appears so difficult to get into this 'elite' group and the amount of fuss thats been caused has kinda put me off wanting to to be honest. Maybe things will be different in a year or two. Who knows.

Anyway... stay safe, might see you in the future

you guys may be experienced, but you have just released some inexperienced people on our country without a blink of an eye....

Dont bite my head off if Im wrong, just playing devils advocate for a moment :)
Im not a base jumper so this is just an outsiders observation as it were, but this is a serious question.
The quote ive picked out here, isnt this what effectively all FJC's do?

If an English skydiver with no base experience did a well respected FJC in Twin falls for instance.
When this skydiver travels back to the UK, if he then began to behave 'badly' wouldnt he be in exactly the same situation that the guy this post is about is in?

If the guy who does the twin falls FJC was a real solid guy at the time of the course then turns out to be a real arse at a later date, would the twin falls FJC instructors also be disrespectful?
Seems that with your point of view, it would mean that if this guy turns out not to be an asset to the community, Uli will get the blame for the behavour of someone he once trained who is now completely outside his control.

This isnt a snide dig at the original poster or anyone else. Its a genuine question.

I made contact with a few locals as much for myself as for him and it appears it doesnt work like that. Once a bad impression has been painted, its hard to change.

Before I launch into one, and in an effort to redress the impression, do you now have an understanding of why it doesn't work like that, that you would like to share?
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Thanks scoop, that should clear a few things up,(ps )he was doing me a favour (pm)i only want good ones not personal attacks base 813>:(

it will always be that way..people historically do not contact 'the community'..its probably down to the insular nature of the sport especially in the uk...we have no program in place for pre schooling newbies and for looking after them once trained...

maybe a stickie with the UK base board url for the newbies and a polite request for all the trainers to let someone in the UK know whos doing what...then again confidentiality may be an issue..

who knows

Well some one should do a newbie school, it would help a lot,,,and a FJC in the UK ,that would be the iceing on the cake.,,,/Certain people have a CHIP on there shoulder about weather i should be in base ,but i here now, and i going to stay ,so help a young man not stab him in the back.

any phone number from Mac "BASE813"???
and my phone number is +34656753421, if you have any questions!!
thanks
paula