Message for George Churchill - who needs clamps anyway?

I jumped.

It worked.

I lived!

even had an on-heading opening with a 2.5 sec delayB|

I would've liked more altitude, but my buddy seemed perfectly happy to only climb to 550 ft.

:D:Dthanks for the packjob!!:D:D

Watch out for that George guy. He has only 3 toes on each foot and a penchant for buggery!

Triax is working on new "Disolvable Clamps". You never have to worry about leaving a clamp in your gear. You put them on, pack, and then pack them up into your pack job. They dissolve within minutes for perfect on heading openings.

Look for a Disolvable Clamp Vending machine at an exit near you.

No more lost gear, no more overweight check ins at the airport. No more clamps after the pack job.

Email us for more details.

Kenyon
[/url]www.triaxproductions.com[url]

I don’t pack with clamps, I never have and I don’t see any reason to start doing so unless I start getting serial :olinetwist-offheadings-with-lineovers:o that are directly attributable to packing without clamps.:S:S:S

The dissolvable clamps sound just like the kind of thing that I should buy my ‘friends’ for Christmas, do I get discount for having a T-Stake?:)

George however was taught to pack with clamps and it took a lot of convincing to get him to pack without them.
He seemed notably relieved that he did not get the opportunity to jump his no-clamp pack job, so I thought he’d like to know that it opened good. :ph34r:

I learned to pack without clamps. I now pack with clamps, not because it's better, but because it's easier.

I find it easier to get an acceptable (to me) pack job using clamps--I use less effort, I take less time, I sweat less. And that's the whole point of being a tool using animal, I suppose.

I also teach a heavily clamped pack job because it's been my experience that beginners already have enough things to worry about while learning to pack, and the tools help them focus on the pack job, rather than the wrestling match.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

All good points, Tom and having seen your packing method, I agree that your statements are true for you.

Maybe when I have the number of jumps you do I will feel the same way.

At the moment I find my clamp-less pack jobs quite acceptable and easier than learning to use and living with the hassle of lugging around a load of packing tools.

You did not mention that your method minimizes jumper/canopy contact, which has been identified as the biggest wear factor for most BASE canopies (this is dependant on how you use, pack and care for your canopy, not the canopy make or model).

That is probably the best reason to use your style of pack job.

But since I’m planning on replacing my BASE canopies well before they are worn significantly, this is not enough to make me adopt your style of packing.

Cya
sam

I learned how to pack without clamps before I learned how to pack with them and I must say that I love packing with clamps! It's so much easier!

It is nice though to be able to pack your rig in a pinch. I was jumping in Twin Falls and on one jump I got to the bottom and suddenly realized I forgot my stash bag. DOH! Luckily I had friends with me that carried out my helmet and pads and I just packed at the bottom and hiked out with it all ready to go. That was nice.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

yah because you always have on headings 0r 180 's you dirty Kaffer Derka Derka I am the Prafit Mohamod. 980 remind me to tell you about the dirty sites I hite last night
I was a very bad boy
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

I also learnd to pack without any tools (exept 1 pull up cord), then I went for 1 weeks to Twin Falls and now I cary a 10 pound bag of tools with me... :)It's nice to pack a rig in high winds, drinking a beer at the same time and still know that it's going to open up just fine...
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

I learned how to pack without clamps before I learned how to pack with them and I must say that I love packing with clamps! It's so much easier!

The clamps go on your packjob, not your breasts hun. :o:D

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

The clamps go on your packjob, not your breasts hun. :o:D

Oh. Nevermind then. :$

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Dude! I'm glad it opened ok....your right i was a bit apprehensive about jumping that pack job, can't believe you did!!!

Still going to pack with clamps though...

Thanks for the offer of loaned gear; it's a lot to ask someone, especially if you don't know them. Next time you’re in the UK, my turn to return the favor.

Cheers
George
http://georgechurchill.blogspot.com

Watch out for that George guy. He has only 3 toes on each foot and a penchant for buggery!
------------------------------------------------------------
You know it!!!

G
http://georgechurchill.blogspot.com

I first learned without clamps, and later experimented with using them. I didn't prefer clamps until I started doing the same style pack job as Kmonster. BTW, Kmonster and Dexter, do you do the same pack-job on jumps< 250 feet?
Sig lines are so stupid.

I know that pack job well. Same pack job for all altitudes. The only changes are with the nose during slider up jumps and long delays.

That particular pack job was developed by Martin Tilley from Asylum. It's definately made it's rounds.

(thanks for the reminder. It's sunny out and my rigs are unpacked)
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto