jimmyh

Why some jumpers (me) don't take others (you) seriously.

Hey Tree, 14 year old skateboarders are the ones coming up with all the cool tricks. And I KNOW Jimmy would NOT do what you are intimating with that young woman,not of legal age. SO DROP THAT LINE OF LINE OF CRAP! I know that I am coming to that stage in my life where I cannot keep up with the youngest, fastest, brightest players and I'm ok with that. Someday I will relegated to sitting on the bench watching instead of playing and I intend to do that with grace and humility. There is an old saying "On your way up the ladder be careful who you step on, you will meet them on the way back down." we all come down the ladder eventualy, do you want to to be helped or pushed off? Edit to add call jimmy an a-hole when he is being one do not call him a child molester when he is not.

Where are you getting this?

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?search_bool=or&search_field=aiello&search_column=user_username&do=user_search

Wives are apparently supposed to have no independent interest and you have a doppleganger of sorts in California...or something.

Unless, of course, you have some super-secret identity that you use to bolster and defend your postion when you're not getting enough support elsewhere. Yeah, that's it. :S

It's probably Jaap. He can't possibly be a real person.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Whatever, this isn't about me. Are you saying that you only use one user name, or that you have several to spice up your little board, and post things with the other one that you would never type under your moderator account? As far as Crestfall, direct those towards Jeremy. It is possible for several BASE jumpers to use the same computer. Odds are, we're either jumping every night together, or winded/frozen out together.

But, nice to see that you spend the time and energy finding out what computer I log in from. Or can Crestfall and I be banned for 60 days for something so simple?

Don't worry, once the snow melts, I'll be away from the computer again...
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime

Are you saying that you only use one user name, or that you have several to spice up your little board, and post things with the other one that you would never type under your moderator account?

I only have the one account. Can you explain what makes you think otherwise?

But, nice to see that you spend the time and energy finding out what computer I log in from.

Huh?

I'm really not sure what you are angry about here? I haven't banned you, or your IP address. I only use the one account I am posting under now.

Seriously, dude. I'm really confused about where this is coming from.

Can you give me a call when you get a chance?

Thanks!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Here you go....

www.ethics.org

http://www.globalethics.org/

enough ethics to choke on.....

I wonder if the VKB talks about this at there weekly meetings..... not.............
go watch superterminal again and the last thing on your mind will be ethics......;)

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

peterk wrote:

while Tom the moderator still uses several login accounts

Are you saying that you only use one user name, or that you have several to spice up your little board, and post things with the other one that you would never type under your moderator account?

Peter, you have 3 accounts. Tom has 1. But I suspect you know that, which is why you deleted your posts. Now put down the crack pipe dude.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Um, this BASE board has gotten way out of control.

I use one account, using my real name, and you can have it.

Fuck you all, I'm out. Enjoy the internet, maybe when that BASE video game comes out, we can share a virtual exit point, and have a virtual BASE jump together. In the mean time, I'll just keep jumping lots and meeting cool BASE jumpers in person.

And it isn't a crack pipe, its for weed...
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime

I say we all just bust out the rulers and get this over with.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

I say we all just bust out the rulers and get this over with.

How about we all just settle down and realize that it's the man in red who makes the rules, not the man in green.

You guys don't spend much time in the Bonfire or the other forums or you would realize how much more leeway the posters in this forum get from its one and only moderator.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

You know, when laws are outlawed, then only only outlaws will have laws.

BTW, thanks Sangiro and Tom for all you efforts and goodwill for running this site! :)
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Um, this BASE board has gotten way out of control.

Agreed ... there is way too much drama on these boards as of late. I know it is a different sport with a different set of issues (plus BASE means different things to different people), but the "Swooping" forum both here as well as www.canopypiloting.com don't generate nearly as much drama as this BASE forum.

Remember: less bitching, more jumping ... right.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

>>>>> if that bike had caused that antenna to get hot, or if the stucture had been damaged in any way shape or form, nobody would have ever even known that the jump took place.<<<<
We're not in Kansas any more...aside from a hurricane visiting the bay area it would seem odd to most authorities to see a bicycle hanging off an antenna hundreds of feet in the air.
also
Some would concider doing something like throwing a bicycle off an object with the very likely possibility that it could strike and damage the object or something near it......drum roll please........"Bad Ethics" (ill use that term lightly since we wouldn't want people to stop appreciating what the word ethics means...right?)
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

I hope people realize that these facilities fall under some federal regulations with both the FCC and FAA. There have been jumpers in the past who have had to pay upwards of $5000 to cover expenses related to a complete tower inspection, following being arrested after a tower jump. The parabolic dishes on the side are pointed in a very specific direction, just like a direct tv dish at people's homes. If one of these dishes loses it's alignment from something as silly and criminally negligent as a bicycle strike, the tower will stop receiving the transmission, and will stop broadcasting on that frequency. For example, it could conceivably stop the transmission of a broadcasting TV tower. These could now potentially be major federal crimes and anyone releasing videos showing a large tower getting struck by a bicycle is seriously risking federal charges. Communications infrastructure is something the government takes very seriously in the post-9/11 era unfortunately.

What a lightweight! Sangiro and I won't even ban you for that teenage-girls-blouse attempt at rebellion.

You chicks can all hold hands round the camp fire and hum Kumbaya together.

Too much drama? Drama is all you have since you're unable to function as normal members of society.

There is an observatory just south of Twin with an ultra powerful optical telescope. On a clear night you can see Bay area BASE jumpers fucking each other in the ass underneath John Agnos' favorite erection as Felix Baumgartner sits nearby covering his eyes with one hand (but peeking through the gap between his fingers) and beating himself off with the other.
And you don't like drama? Please.

I've had enough of this moderation shit tonight. You can all go suck the sweat off of a camel's cock.

One day someone will thank me for the shit I put up with here. Without me you'd all be staring at screen savers of Mick Knutson wearing nut huggers full of root vegetables.

Fuck y'all!

Tom Aiello
B|
$kin
There's only one Tom Aiello...

...realize that these facilities fall under some federal regulations with both the FCC and FAA. The parabolic dishes on the side are pointed in a very specific direction.... If one of these dishes loses it's alignment from something as silly and criminally negligent as a bicycle strike, the tower will stop receiving the transmission.... These could now potentially be major federal crimes and anyone releasing videos showing a large tower getting struck by a bicycle is seriously risking federal charges. Communications infrastructure is something the government takes very seriously in the post-9/11 era unfortunately.

460 is right. and what's worse is many of these towers aren't just TV broadcasts. Some of them carry the VHF frequencies and relays we use for Air Traffic Control (data and voice). Don't get me wrong there are back ups and such... and we lose frequencies due to equipment problems occasionally... But losing a frequency when busy is a hair raising, nerve racking excersise. Potentially, the loss of such risks human lives. even though you can often go to the back up quite quickly... but there is always that possiblity that you may miss that one important call or bad readback....

Which is why if you see a tower with a sign that says "this blah blah blah is used in air traffic control and loss of human life my result from service interuption... FAA blah blah blah....

well please don't huck a bike off it... There might be a lot more at stake then you realize.

I retract the aspersion I cast on your character.

This certainly does not represent lazy...although it may certainly represent drunk.

Definitely up to the old standard. Worth two weeks at least. Well done.

rl

The bike wasn't hanging from the antenna, it struck it and tumbled to the ground. Also, they didn't just throw the bike off for pure amusement, it was ridden off and then released. My point, as small as the bike was and how ginormous the antenna is, it probably didn't cause any damage other than a scratch. Of course, it could have hit more vital parts(Dishes, etc.) on the antenna causing expensive damages, but it didn't.

I think Jimmy's group is a very creative group, I enjoy your DVDs, keep it up B|.
~Dale

I was wondering when someone was going to have the guts to say that. All the woulda's cuolda's in the world hold no value when compared to what actualy happened, and in that case nothing happened. Maybe we got lucky, but I checked and not even a scratch.

Furthermore, programming went on as usual. I know what would have happened if it hit the dish, but it didn't.

Believe me, we were crapping our pants. I didn't sleep well for two weeks, but eventually I was like wow, we got lucky. And then people were like "are you gonna put that in the video, it's gonna piss so many people off." and I was like, "hell yeah I'm gonna put that in the video cuz I happen to think it's hilarious."

There's another BASE video out where this guy is talking about a time when he went through the window of a building with his body, did a ton of damage, and got caught. Unlike my scenario it actually did cost him about $5,000. He's kind of laughing while he tells the story too.

Well we got lucky with the bike, he didn't get so lucky with his body..

Anyway, what's the diffference? Does it matter. I put the bike jump in and you know what...people love it. They're like "oh Shit! What happened to the bike? oh man that's crazy." some people are like, "You are such a reckless asshole." hhhmmmm.

Tree "You can't begin to talk about ethics when you hang out with and teach base to a minor. It also speaks very loudly about your maturity level that a 35 year old man could actually "hang out" with a teenage girl at all. You talking about ethics makes one wait for a punch line."

ok, i usually stay out of these, and i've ignored this topic several times already...but tree, i am so sick of you bringing this up. it is extremely offensive and you REALLY need to leave it alone. clair is our friend, if you'll notice, anytime you see her i'm usually right there with her, not just jimmy.

oh, and i'm sorry if you never had the chance to have one, but usually when you start into a new sport..or anything for that matter, you have a mentor to help teach you along the way. in my flying i have an "ace" who is in his 60's. he helps me to understand the world of aerobatics and keeps me from doing anything in my airshows that will get me killed...now if anyone came out and accused him of ANYTHING inapropriate with me...i would have to go ahead and call THAT imature.

talk about ethics, when you repeatedly bring this topic up you are not not only attacking jimmy, but you are also attacking me and clair. BACK OF AND MOVE ON. i think it is fair to say that you have officially worn this topic out.

~melissa
"They will soar on wings like eagles..."

this shit on dorkzone makes me laugh. bottom line.................., whether it's ethics, attitude, feelings, thoughts, emotions, etc., jimmyh dayblazes and fucks with local (and popular) sites for his glamour, publicity, ego, attitude, self-worth, etc. he wants, needs, and thrives off the attention. teaching a no-experienced 16-yr-old chick to BASE jump off an already "hot" object was a bad call. does he give a shit? fuck no!! all he cares about is the attention.

was this thread originally started to discuss ethics vs. attitudes? coming from HIM, i think not.

I was wondering when someone was going to have the guts to say that. All the woulda's cuolda's in the world hold no value when compared to what actualy happened
Believe me, we were crapping our pants. I didn't sleep well for two weeks

sounds like things did not go according to your plan. recently, someone posted a cliffstrike video. his actions were second guessed and subjected to all kinds of wouldas & couldas. some said the jump was beyond his skill level. why should you be any different?

There's another BASE video out where this guy is talking about a time when he went through the window of a building with his body, did a ton of damage, and got caught. Unlike my scenario it actually did cost him about $5,000. He's kind of laughing while he tells the story too.

Well we got lucky with the bike, he didn't get so lucky with his body..

Anyway, what's the diffference?

1) he admitted burning the site to the ground
2) until the video, the local authorities knew more about the jump than many jumpers
3) it seems you risked a more serious offense
4) you had the option of keeping quiet

I'd actually compare your bike spot to the cliff strike in Superterminal. both plans went awry. both ended up in little damage. both were included for entertainment on a distributed DVD...
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

was this thread originally started to discuss ethics vs. attitudes?

The original point was to discuss why some people are held in contempt and others are lauded for essentially the same kind of behavior.

Everyone seems to want to focus on a specific incident as if it were the general principle. It's not.

But it seems that everyone hasn't quite finished up giving him shit for the bike jump, so the thread has devolved.

Apparently the original question cannot be discussed without lapsing into accusations, counter-accusations and all-out flames. And I'm just wondering if it's because most people realize that it's really not right to apply two different sets of rules solely on the basis of how much you like someone.

rl

i think you guys sucked,why didnt you land the bike,becomimiing first ever Landing on bike BASE??:S but hey thats just what i would have done:ph34r:

congrats on the beer thing,why is it then that you always only drink the small pints on your videos?:ph34r::P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Yeah I know this guy. He also struck a wall in Mexico. Funny thing, there was a more amusing building strike when Hoover , BASE 95, (RIP) went through the glass and landed on a guy's desk. He was admiring the pictures of his family and proceeding to cutaway his parachute, at which point the damaged parachute still hanging outside the building reinflated and dragged him out of the building, hit the building two more times on the way down, and landed on the roof of a two story building adjucent to fixed object. At that point, the skinny fugger jumped up unscathed and relatively unhurt, tied his lines to something on the roof, and skimmied down them to the street below and made a clean getaway.

The towers are very strong. We had one get struck by a Cessna and the Cessna lost the battle, badly. The directional transmitters are the only thing that are critical since a slight bump will result in a loss of transmission, or damage to the end transmitter will destroy the transmission all together.

soft landings,
Chris