jimmyh

Why some jumpers (me) don't take others (you) seriously.

I think, then, that we are perhaps having two different discussions.

Indeed we were.

But now that you and Yuri and George have gotten this back on track, I'm going back to the Bonfire. :)
Nicely done.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Why some jumpers (me) don't take others (you) seriously. by jimmyh.

Wow! I just thought it was my sigline!

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Hey Outrager,
thanks for the Post. And thanks for bringing up how lame my videos are. I fully agree, and I'd like to thank all of you who have still bought them from me as I try to bring myself up to the same standards as Jeb and...well all those other guys putting out stunning videos.

I know my videos aren't as funny as Jeb's but hey I'm just not willing to have another man smash his face into my naked butt, but maybe that's the difference between me and him: I hate it when people kiss my ass.

By the way have you seen Keen 'n Able yet?

It's morre than just a BASE video: It has a wind tunnel section with David Gershfeld (who won the Fly Boyz film Festival this year), it has a swooping section with TJ Landgren (a World Class Swooper who's easily in the top five int the world), It has an Aerobatic Flying section with Melissa Andrzejewski (the youngest female pilot in the world to compete in aerobatics in the Unlimited Class), it has Douggs' footage from Norway this Summer (which everyone has to agree is the best air to air relative tracking footage ever shot.) It's got a Lodi Sequentials section, that's freeflying. (Funny that tree should bring up the Chronicles videos, cuz Olav, Omar, and Charlse all thought that the freeflying was FREAKING AMAZING, actually better than any sequential freeflying video to date.)

hhhhmmmm , let's see what else? Oh yeah it has a guy crashing a P-51 Mustang on landing, it's got the best shots I could muster of Jt Holmes, Shane McConkey, Miles Daisher, and myself (nothing earth shattereing to be sure, but hey, I'm still working at it.)

All of it was shot in the months between Feb. '05 and Nov. '05, and it was budgeted with what I made filming tandems over the summer.

Sorry everybody if my videos aren't very good. I'm trying my best to be a nice guy, a good BASE jumper, and a top shelf video Producer. I was just spread a little thin last year, so I'm gonna cut out the trying to be a nice guy part in the future.

But if you actually look at what I was trying to do with Keen 'n Able, maybe you will have an idea of what I'm trying to do in general. Not that I have ever expected anyone to care, or see things the way I do.

I like the diversity of your videos. They are always more than just BASE videos. They include freeflying, swooping and all that other crazy stuff and you usually do a great job editing the footage to some cool tunes.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

again, I was only trying to offer perspective, not condone or defend.

And that is why I like your responses. You are an open minded, intelligent individual who does not follow the masses!!!

But I also like to challenge anyone and everyone. Debate is just a bit if fun for me. Keeps the brain functioning.

p.s. The Tasmania example is interesting. The Dutch were there before, but they did a different thing to the English. Thousands of years beforehand, the Aboriginals arrived. The only thing that was different was that when the English came in, they killed and controlled, claimed to be the first/pioneers, and stole what belonged to someone else. This sounds too much like . . . . . . . .

as I don't know Jimmy, I'm NOT trying to defend him.

I too do not know Jimmy. I can only go on his communications on the net. I too do not like to jump on bandwagons and follow the frenzied beliefs of the masses. But I am always open to possibilities and to being proven wrong. I hope I am wrong..

Getting back to the original question, I thought I had a stab at answering it in another thread - click on the link below if interested.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2055215;#2055215
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

it has Douggs' footage from Norway this Summer (which everyone has to agree is the best air to air relative tracking footage ever shot.)

I have seen dougg's footage and think he is truly amazing.....well...F&^%$$ing amazing.... but you have to admit that by far the "best" air relative footage is by far "Superterminal"..... Nothing is as" jaw dropping" as this footage..... But i will want to get Keen'n and able for my collection....B|

as for the lame comments....It's as good as what you put into it and the people that contribute..

Just my two cents....B|

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

I have seen dougg's footage and think he is truly amazing.....well...F&^%$$ing amazing.... but you have to admit that by far the "best" air relative footage is by far "Superterminal"..... Nothing is as" jaw dropping" as this footage..... But i will want to get Keen'n and able for my collection....B|

He said air to air.
Subterminal is not air to air. What is so cool on douggs footage is the filming of someone tracking. In Subterminal the trackers are the kings but in Douggs footage he is the king for the incredible filming (my opinion...)
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

...but in Douggs footage he is the king for the incredible filming (my opinion...)

only curious: are you both talking about douggs footage with CJ? (i found this cj_style.mp4 a while ago - is this footage also part of the keen'n'able-video?)

(edited to add reply-closing-tag)

Subterminal is not air to air.

Did you not see the parts as the one guy tracking behind as the did a split screen ..one view from subjects camera and another from followers camera....:S

and yes douggs is unbeleavable....:o

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

Yes, parts of it is on the keen and able DVD.
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.michibase.ch

Hey Jimmy,

Yuri pretty much summed it up. I can't do any better than that. Send more free DVDs though, I am running out of coasters and bad 80's hair metal.

Did you not see the parts as the one guy tracking behind as the did a split screen ..one view from subjects camera and another from followers camera....:S

Yes, but that is not what I found so extreme on Superterminal. I find Douggs filming skills much better then the air to air footage of ST. What I found extreme on the ST DVD is the tracking and WS Skills of the guys and not the filming.
Again, just my opinion.
But back to ethics; let's not highjack this very very very entertaining thread...:)
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.michibase.ch

only curious: are you both talking about douggs footage with CJ? (i found this cj_style.mp4 a while ago - is this footage also part of the keen'n'able-video?)

Douggs is the king of air-to-air, his footage of Coombesy is absolutely the best. Of course all the cheers for that go to..... Douggs! :P

bsbd!

Yuri.

Send more free DVDs though, I am running out of coasters and bad 80's hair metal.

Oh my, that really gave me a good laugh!

And Jimmy, keep 'em coming!
Memento Audere Semper

Not trying to take sides or anything...this is just what happened last weekend.

I took Superterminal(copy) to the DZ....the Radix box has a slot free for an extra DVD....so, I took it in that DVD case.

Guess which video got played more times.

Kris.

I got to watch Superterminal the other day and without a doubt there is some hardcore (a few feet above the tree line) footage in it. But the music and editing style didn't do much for me (plus I thought it was on the short side). I've only seen "Kean and Able" once and while I've watched "Radix" a couple of more times than just once, my favorite JH video to date was his original video "Standard Issue". I'm not sure why, but maybe because I enjoyed the music, editing and overall fun from "Standard Issue".

Of course we're all different and we all have different opinions as to what is entertaining and what isn't. Just as BASE means different things to different people. Now what does this video talk have to do with the original topic of this thread? I don't have a ###### clue. B|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

This can be either productive for society (such as in the examples of Edison, Newton, Marconi, Mozart + Boenisch, Weston, etc), or counterproductive (such as Hitler, Bush, Bin Laden + the naughty boys and girls of BASE).

Damn, what's that law about all long internet discussions eventually turning to Hitler references?
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

This can be either productive for society (such as in the examples of Edison, Newton, Marconi, Mozart + Boenisch, Weston, etc), or counterproductive (such as Hitler, Bush, Bin Laden + the naughty boys and girls of BASE).

Damn, what's that law about all long internet discussions eventually turning to Hitler references?

Godwin's law.

---------------------------------------
Luck beef four Yule heap !

Based on Kant's categorical imperative,

"Act only according to that maxim by which you can at the same time will that it would become a universal law,"

I guess I'd have to admit to being a little unethical, but that doesn't change the fact that I think a lot of other jumpers are too who are usually not considered such.

Sorry, I'm sure we're all over this thread by now.