sangiro

Bitching, whining and gripe threads

Heya all,

Over the last few days a few folks have decided that it's a good use of their time to drag all the adolescent BS that they and a handful of others like them have made part of the BASE world (most of us look onto it with bemusement) into these forums. While I understand that there are A-types who believe that they are true rebels and must show it to the world at every opportunity or loose their identity, I can assure you that this is the wrong place to whip out your schlong and try and show us how big it is.

Whether you like the moderator of this forum or not - I don't care. However, if you set out to abuse him (or anyone else for that matter) - I do care. This isn't Tom's web-site, it's mine. He applies the rules that I chose. Like the "no site naming rule" or not, you have to stick to it. If your friend breaks a rule and gets banned and you decide to follow up with a gripe thread, then you have not taken the time to read the rules yourself, and I'll gladly give you some time off to do so.

I have said the following so many times I'm amazed some people still don't get it: I've been running this site for many years and have long accepted that it’s impossible to please everyone. In fact, trying to please everyone is a sign of mediocrity and you only end up pissing off the good folks. So, accepting the fact that some people will not like what we do and probably leave, I've had to make choices about who I'd like to keep around. I opted for the people who appreciate and respects the character of the community that we're trying to create.

If it's your mission to treat me and others here with disrespect I'll gladly return the favor. Folks, if you don't like it here, please feel free to move on and start your own site with your own rules (or no rules). If you stay here you do so on my terms.

The Golden Rule applies - I will treat you the way you treat me. Leave some room for others and there's plenty of fun to be had. :)
Safe swoops
Sangiro