outrager

Felix Baumgartner chats with press before fleeing police

The point is, I do understand the politics of red bull.
but does the company understand us?

I'd say NO. Nor do they need to in their minds. Their goal is to attract people to the extreme not keep or service those that are already there. As Hajo said it is for what makes the news.

Did the jumps into the Superbowl get this much media attention? A lot more people actually witnessed those jumps. Now if those jumps were orchestrated as bandit jumps, think of the media coverage...

It seems the people getting paid to make the jumps really don't care. They got to jump and got paid to do it. Maybe all the publicity isn't bad for BASE. Maybe the more people see it the more it becomes accepted. Publicity has helped many extreme sports in the recent past.

I realize there are people into BASE because they are drawn to the secrecy and stealth aspects, but others are drawn to the publicity. I enjoy both aspects. I get really jazzed sneaking a jump. I also enjoy taking my wife and son and friends and ... out to watch.

There are several times I drive by something jumpable and I just want to go up to the people in charge of access and say "Do you mind if I jump off your object?" It would be nice if that would work occasionally.

Ahh...so that's where the statement

"You got some ballz!!" comes from? :D:)

Kris.