Anvilbrother

Fatalities, leaving a jumper behind, and the Pact.

Scott had broken up with his girlfriend earlier that week. She was trying to get back together from what I understand talking to Scott. He is not interested and was tired by her pressure. Hence the 'vacation'.

Much 'mis information is out there, and I sincerely hope we all move forward and that Mike whoever is can resolve the problems he has.

Again, I can not express how thankful we are to the jumping community and the skydiving community. We have grown to really love you more than before though this experience and your love towards us.

Thank you

So let's not burn him at the stake just yet people.

ya, lets save that for the dublin boogie.

your welcome spence.:D

I can't believe everyone is threatening violence towards this guy. When all Spence was do was asking a legitimate question!!
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

You do not owe us an explanation, but I do appreciate the time you are taking to shed light on the situation. Regardless I am glad that it is not what at first it appeared, and what it appeared to be was a fatality. It wasnt so that is what really matters.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Scott had broken up with his girlfriend earlier that week. She was trying to get back together from what I understand talking to Scott. He is not interested and was tired by her pressure. Hence the 'vacation'.

Much 'mis information is out there, and I sincerely hope we all move forward and that Mike whoever is can resolve the problems he has.

Again, I can not express how thankful we are to the jumping community and the skydiving community. We have grown to really love you more than before though this experience and your love towards us.

Thank you

makes you wonder if it was the girlfreind that started this...

yaaaaa... more drama.:P

I was really trying not to speculate about her interview with pefect makeup and no bags under her eyes. I would not have been able to do an interview without sunglasses. But that's just me.

p.s. Can we call him "Dead Scott" now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

p.s. make sure that I have died before acting out my wishes. ;)

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science/10/03/joke.funniest/

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy takes out his phone and calls the emergency services.

He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says: "Calm down, I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a gunshot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: "OK, now what?"

Just for you, Tom. :)
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Can we call him "Dead Scott" now?

Not quite yet I don't think. Nothing against Scott but "Dead Steve" and "Dead Mike" got their names through very colorful circumstances.

And of course Dead Steve is ... welll ... dead... and Dead Mike is still around. ;)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Good God and how could I forget Dead Jaap!!!! i was one to witness Dead Jaap and whike it's not one I recommend on anyone... we still have Dead Jaap! B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

makes you wonder if it was the girlfreind that started this...

Or maybe she was really crazy, so he faked his own death to get away. But then it backfired because she turned it into a media circus! :D:D:D
Anyone watch My Name is Earl?
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Good God and how could I forget Dead Jaap!!!! i was one to witness Dead Jaap and whike it's not one I recommend on anyone... we still have Dead Jaap! B|

I was going to say, "What about Dead Jaap!?!?!" :o

Okay. How about "Red Scott". He's got to be pretty embarrassed and/or angry right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

As I introduced myself in a previous post, I am a personal friend of the Kirk family.

After witnessing what the Kirk family has gone through in the past week over this fiasco, I am disgusted by those of you who would even consider turning this into something his girlfriend orchestrated.

The Kirk family was in constant contact with Scott's family throughout this entire ordeal. They went to bat for Scott and his family, until his family could arrive in SoCal.

Shame on all of you.

We are a pathetic bunch, aren't we? I'm sorry for all the stress you guys have been through these last few days and happy to hear he's really ok. Try to ignore the bashing on here. BASE jumpers tend to be more tempermental (or maybe just mental) than most and seem to love drama drama drama.

I saw video of Scott's GF crying on tv begging for help finding him. So I'm not sure what everyone else is talking about.

Thanks for posting though.

Hi this is Scott's girlfriend. i have to post under this name because i do not have an account for myself. I'm deeply offended hurt by all these comments being made. From the beginning of all this, from the time his hysterical mom called my mom to say he was dead, to the time we found out he was alive, all i tried to do was help his grieving mother and find his body so we could get the closure we wanted and needed. The information being posted on here is inaccurate and i think needs to be clarified. i had broken up with him the week before and on monday we had talked about working things out. i was supposed to go see him tuesday for his birthday, but i was not able to and we got in an argument and he left, but he only told me he was going basejumping. He never said anything about going on vacation or anything like that. Scott has contacted me and we have talked and he has also talked to my mother. He told us he had left because he was angry and hurt and just wanted to get away. Can we all be grateful and praise god that he is alive and well? i don't know why people feel it's necessary to start pointing the finger at anyone other than who is at fault for the whole "hoax", this mike guy. these past three days were the hardest, most painful days i've ever had to go through. and please don't judge until you've had to go through something even close to the same thing. just remember, scott's alive and that is what we all need to be thankful for. i know i am.

thanks,
Bre

I think I know how you feel, but unfortuntly this message board is on the internet, and the very nature of the internet forum is for some people to be very abrasive abd hurtful behind an anon login name, and say things they simply wouldnt have the balls to say to anyones face in real life.

From very serious issues like this one, to the simplest irrelevant issues, there will always be a small group of people that try to turn it into a fight.

Please dont take any of these peoples posts to heart, although thats easier said than done, i know.
This small minority does not represent the thoughts of 99.9% of the skydiving or base jumping community in my experience. As you have seen, people for the most part pulled together to find him with certain people going way above and beyond the call of duty without a seconds hesitation.

I know what its like to lose someone very close to you under horrible circumstances, and Im very glad for you that he is still here, whatever your futures are.

Blue skies.
Nick.

I just can't get over something.

If Scott did not tell anyone that he was leaving for a few days (friends, family, room-mate, etc.), how did "mike" know that he would be gone in order to pull this hoax?

And if he was the only person that Scott told about leaving, shouldn't it be pretty easy to figure out who "Mike" is?

I don't know, I guess I am obsessing over something that is none of my business. Sorry.

and how they knew that "Mike" was from the gulf coast. Sorry, but in making a call like that, it seems to be an odd bit of info to leave.

It just doesnt add up. fishy....

and gossipy... welcome to the internet. (but at least i'm honest about it. :) )

And of course everyone BUT the great houdini himself (and "Mike" )has piped up, which doesnt leave us with a confident feeling. Not that he is required to make a statement to us, but still...
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

It just doesnt add up.

It doesn't add up because you do not have all of the facts. You are only privy to certain pieces of the puzzle, and therefore, you cannot connect the dots. That is perfectly understandable.

The answers are quite simple actually, but I leave it to the parties directly involved to put their personal lives out there for all to evaluate, if that is their desire. It is not my place to do so.

Thanks to those of you in this community who have offered your help and support.

can we please just delete this whole fucking thread? please? or move it to the bonfire or something... i can count on one hand the actual number of active base jumpers involved at this point... scotts personal life, drama between his girlfriend and family and such is really none of anyones buisness, so please... just stfu and go somewhere else... all of you.

i think tree and jason said it best...

im off to do some jumping.. in real life... off of real stuff...

It just doesnt add up.

It doesn't add up because you do not have all of the facts. You are only privy to certain pieces of the puzzle, and therefore, you cannot connect the dots. That is perfectly understandable.

And there is no need to connect the dots in this forum, because it was only a base issue when it was believed that Scott had been left dead/dying after a base jump.

There was no base jump, no one died, there was no body left behind, and it has nothing to do with base.

This thread is about leaving a jumper behind, not about who did what to whom, who knew what when, and whether the identities of some of the participants are genuine or otherwise.

So why do we continue to discuss it in this forum?

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

So why do we continue to discuss it in this forum?

rl

good point.
'Cause we're drama queens?
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I was just emailed and asked to review the blog by one of the jumpers.

I do not know who nineyears is.

At this point, I am the family spokesperson. I do not think the drama on here is appropriate and if you have further questions, please contact me directly or contact Tom.

Some people have been contacted by another party, that there was an email. While there was an email early on, it was established by Tom and authortiies, that the email was inaccurate and probably a hoax. It was also established that "Mike" is probably not a jumper.

The GF family and CBS2 news were told by myself and Tom not to disclose any of that information because it was probably not a true email. I can not control what others say, and I am truly sorry that I felt I could send a copy to someone who promised to keep it quiet and chose not to. That was my fault and I have been trying to clear that up, besides deal with my own emotions through this whole thing.

Please conctact me privately if you wish to keep in touch, I hope that all can respect Toms board and choose not to continue this drama.

At this point any further investigation on that email will not involve us (my family ) or anyone in the jumping community.

I think we are done with this discussion.

There are many issues here that lie between Scott and Bre, and between them both and their families and friends.

Those issues, discussion of them, and their resolutions are not related to jumping, and not appropriate for discussion in this forum.

It's time to move on, folks. If you want to discuss, in general terms, issues related to injured jumpers or BASE accidents, feel free to start another thread.

If you want to continue this discussion, you're going to have to do it privately.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com