Anvilbrother

Fatalities, leaving a jumper behind, and the Pact.

Guest 1010
>(Yeah I know we're all thinking that)

In no way, shape, or form do you speak for me.

Scott, when you read this, I'm glad you are okay. I entertained similar thoughts at your age. Hopefully in a couple years you and your Mom will be able to laugh about this, but when you have your own kids you'll better understand why people got pissed off.

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Everyone who posted here about this whole deal is a drama queen and you almost deserve to be fooled. You all love gossiping and to be opinionating. If you don’t know what the truth is about something just shut up and go on with your own life, especially when you have no business or can’t do anything about it.

Get a life,
Fools
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey if you don't like the "opinionating" and discussion on here, you know where the on/off switch is bro. Use it.

J.P.

Im happy that this were a hoax(thanks Jaap for translating thatB|)

I think that as soon as we has lost the bad feelings for Scoot about this it pretty much helped people here on this board to realice that they need a plan in case things goes wrong.

I think that we all learned somthing.

As i see it Scoot has made a scream for help,i hope he gets that help.
My feelings still go out to his nearest family and freinds that has been through a hard part of their lifes..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I just want to point out to everyone that it is possible Scott had nothing to do with this. According to the "always spot on" media:

"Scott had nothing to do with this hoax at all. He didn't even know about it," Rebecca Kirk told ABC7 Eyewitness News.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=3840687 second to last paragraph.

So let's not burn him at the stake just yet people.

Oh hell, am I posting in the BASE forum again? Sorry!

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

So let's not burn him at the stake just yet people.

ya, lets save that for the dublin boogie.

your welcome spence.:D

Hey 428.....That is the best post ever ! and it should be made a sticky at the top most threads,,,,
smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

Hey, not all of us! I'll give ya a high five, and most of the guys I work with would too!

so let me get a few thigs straight..

1- you are a cop
2- if you stumbled across an illegal base jump, you would be stoked?
3-and the jumper gets to leave scot-free?

because that is fucking sweet...

Scott has been located and is alive and well- he had left teh area for a vacation, and a "friend" of his took it upon himself to tell us that he had died in a base jumping accident. Scott called us to let us know he arrived where he was going, while we were with the detectives. His

The infomation that was shared with us turns out to have been a very cruel prank. Whoever did this needs serious mental health.

Scotts father and I , are overwhelmed by the love and support of the aviation BASE and skydiving communities. All of you have been helpful and supportive.
Thank you for your offer of help and thank you to those who took time to help us. We're grateful that this information is not true; we're furious at whoever thought this would be funny.

Scott called us to let us know he arrived where he was going, while we were with the detectives.

It took him a week to get there and he had his phone turned off the entire time?

As if the Agnos thing wasn't enough publicity for the local jumpers... :S

doesnt matter much Becca , it was all a hoax by the kid.... I am so pissed about this and I hope he never jumps again... >:(

Scott was not aware what was going on from what we can tell. He is pissed as well. Please see my earlie post. Please know that since we would not talk to the news, a lot of mis information was spread. Some stories were very inaccurate.

It is a hoax, but I dont think Scott is involved. Please see my other post about what happened. This is all we know, and we hope Mike gets the help, whoever mike is.

Ok, something does add up here to me.

-Where was he going that it took 3 days to get there?

-Why was his phone off the entire time?

-Who goes on vacation without informing their family, girlfriend or EMPLOYER that they will be gone?

-Why did he tell his girlfriend that he was just going for a jump?

-Why did he not call her as he said he would?

Not to be a cynical ***, but it sounds like he was involved, but the prank/stunt got a little out of hand and he decided to cover his ***. I apologize if I am wrong and if I am just stirring the pot, but it just seem weird to me.

My opinion means very little, all that matters is you have your son back. I am curious how he could be so out of touch with the man hunt. There are many unanswered questions, like the one below your re-cap however at this point its a he said situation. Regardless you have your son back. I from information I have gathered, do not believe he did not help this situation come about. Once again my thoughts do not matter.

Id be curious to know where he has been for a week, why he didnt call his GF after his jump like she said he always does, why he did not answer his cell for a week, use a cc for a week, or how come not even you or your family or his girlfriend knew he was planning a trip to escape for a week. Regardless my opinion does not matter. I am glad you have your son back
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I'm not going to get involved in the whole new round of speculation over who was involved in the prank and who wasn't other than to say to those who ask "who has their phone off for days on end?".... I do it all the time, just ask my friends.

Sometimes people just want some quiet time to themselves with no interruptions. I know I do, so it doesn't really surprise me if someone else would either.

But to Scottsmom I just want to say that I am really impressed by the poise, graciousness and understanding that you displayed during a time when most people would not be able to string two words together coherently. I've never met you, but I can tell you're a very thoughtful, compassionate, classy person. You were a victim of this more than anyone else here and I'm glad that the story has a (mostly) happy ending. :)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

But to Scottsmom I just want to say that I am really impressed by the poise, graciousness and understanding that you displayed during a time when most people would not be able to string two words together coherently. I've never met you, but I can tell you're a very thoughtful, compassionate, classy person. You were a victim of this more than anyone else here and I'm glad that the story has a (mostly) happy ending. :)

Seconded wholeheartedly.

rl

"who has their phone off for days on end?"

in my country if you head off into the mountains our far out west you will lose phone reception fuly, so even if your phone is turned on, it is as if it is turned off,
maybe some places in the US are the same

I leave my phone off for days on end on occasion (especially on a vacation), and sometimes the battery shorts out and dies prematurely (so on a bus trip i'd be out of luck).

Also, I've gone on vacations without telling my family... I'm a grown adult, I don't need to ask permission.

Many vacations could take 3 days to get there, especially if you want to be cost-effient and take a bus.

From what I understand, he called his g/f a day or so before the intended jump... it wasnt really a true VGC situation, just a normal conversation where he probably happened to mention that he would make a jump for his birthday.

I'm not going to say either way whether or not I think scott was involved, especially after sitting here now watching so many people trying to pull their feet out of their mouths... I just wanted to say that many of the questions that were brought up do have possible explanations.

From what I understand, he called his g/f a day or so before the intended jump... it wasnt really a true VGC situation, just a normal conversation where he probably happened to mention that he would make a jump for his birthday.

The girlfriend stated in her news bit, that she asked him to call her back after the jump so she knew he was okay, he said he would.... he didnt. And if it was a hoax from a "friend" its somewhat assumed he informed at least one person that he was going on this "vacation" and this friend used it to play a prank? Yet Scott did not tell anyone else?

I still think he had knowledge of it, and did not realize what people would go through trying to find him.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

"who has their phone off for days on end?"

in my country if you head off into the mountains our far out west you will lose phone reception fuly, so even if your phone is turned on, it is as if it is turned off,
maybe some places in the US are the same

As a matter of fact, I was just in Tahoe last weekend and my phone has no service at all. I didn't use my phone for almost 3 full days.

Nextel has no phone service in Montana like a lot of other cell services.

When I drive to Twin Falls, Idaho from Northern California, I lose cell service from just outside Reno all the way til I get into Twin Falls. The same thing happens when I go to Red Rock City.

I know everyone wants to know what happened but can't we just give them all a little time to absorb all that's happened? Whether we were directly involved or not, it's his family and friends that need to figure this out, not us.

Thanks for listening.

--------------

Sniff Sniff :D sniff, whats that I can smell, smells like a aussie road on a hot summers day..... is someone boiling tar?

:ohey what are you going to do with that bag of feathers?

:) nothing

Sniff Sniff :D sniff, whats that I can smell, smells like a aussie road on a hot summers day..... is someone boiling tar?

:ohey what are you going to do with that bag of feathers?

:) nothing

I know of a few others that need a good tar and feathering more. :D

--------------

Not to be a cynical ***, but it sounds like he was involved, but the prank/stunt got a little out of hand and he decided to cover his ***. I apologize if I am wrong and if I am just stirring the pot, but it just seem weird to me.

Cou;d be he was Mike too....Huh? Thinking out loud. I doubt we'll ever know the full story, and it's none of our business either. The only thing "missing persons" forget is the tremendous effort - emmotional strain their actions cause others. This is not the first case where someone just decided to take off for a while. Elvis did it! :)
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"