piercewhat

Sure-Climb Slider

http://www.westernsafety.com/msaroseproducts/msafallprotec10.html

Has anyone used one of these? Outside climbs are a pain in wet/icy sub zero climbs.

I haven't used that specific model, but I've used others.

You might try PMing Towertopper or John Doe, as I believe they've both used similar systems for work, so they may have used those specific ones.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

On most As, you will find a 3/8" steel cable running from the top to the bottom. If you have a cable grab, you can clip into this and drag it behind you, not having to think about it. However, if you fall, it cams shut and stops the fall.

There are much better designs out there. We got the idea a while back, mostly since I get more scared climbing ladders and falling off than the jump itself, especially when the ladders get cold. And they work especially great for freestander outside peg climbs.

The best one I have found is the DBI SALA Lad-Saf. I have several (8) that I bought on ebay, gave most of them away to my BASE friends. They cost around $500 new, thanks to OSHA, but I got mine in excellent condition for about $30 if I remember correctly.

And please, lets not make this too complicated. All of these devices will work. I have tried 4 designs, and OSHA made sure that they are ok before I played with them. However, the SALA ones are pretty sweet, quick on and off.

PM for more info, but this stuff really is a no-brainer... I am always amazed that these As also serve a purpose other than me jumping off... Pretty incredible...
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime