thesaint

Question about B.A.S.E.

I just curious and if the answer is somewhere in this board please direct me. What do the guys do with the gear that they hiked up the rock with? For example the one place in Norway which requires a two hour hike to jump. How are they getting their other gear back down? Jackets, backpacks, etc...

"If a thousand people agree on a dumb ideal, it's STILL a dumb ideal."

Skully Bro #1 - POPS# 10440

Hello,

The proper standard is "take only pictures, leave only footprints".
Whatever you are hiking with is what you are jumping with.
Drink up the water, eat up the cookies, jump the trash.

Avery
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

I've never done a BASE trip like Norway but I do have a "compact daypack" that I carry around my waist. I can keep a water bottle, snacks, wind meter, laser distance finder, packing clips and other shit in it. I’ve jumped it fully packed and it works great. If I were making a two-hour hike, I would take only what I needed and leave the rest in the LZ or in my car.

Coco

http://www.brmsstore.com/php-bin/ecomm4/brmsProducts.php?category_id=&product_id=1535&prev_id=1065&next_id=393

How are they getting their other gear back down? Jackets, backpacks, etc...

what goes up, must come down (with you).
if you are able to carry it up, then you will be able to stow it in a proper way and take it back with you on the jump.
or you get sherpas, sponsors or spend a lot of money.
then you do not have the problems.
:P
--------------------------------------------------

With sufficient thrust,
pigs just fly well

what goes up, must come down (with you).
if you are able to carry it up, then you will be able to stow it in a proper way and take it back with you on the jump.

Well, sometimes you have to bring lots of stuff both for the trip up, down and back again. Here's a picture of what me and a friend of mine brought with us in freefall (300m). It's a remote spot, and the landing is on a glacier so we needed most of the stuff to get our butts home...
Play SAFE B|