outrager

"Superterminal" review

Yo !

"Superterminal" DVD came in the mail today. I just watched it twice to make sure the footage is real and not computer-generated. Well, there are some nice virtual reality bits in Extras section but the main movie perfectly matches what i remember of those cliffs. It's got to be genuine :)
Here is a short review:

First part (tracking) defines the new dimension of BASE. VKB quietly took over the world. Nobody out there even comes close to their level.

Second part (wingsuits) beats Loic's footage. What else can i say?

Extras is a huge archive of VKB's daily business. It does proove they are only humans, after all ;)

You really need some big wall experience to fully appreciate this footage, but it will blow your mind no matter what.

bsbd!

Yuri.

Sounds good. Where can I purchase a copy ? Thanks Yo

While I was hanging out in the bunkhouse at the Eloy holiday boogie somebody from Norway (I still don't know his name) put this in the DVD player and blew us all away. I asked him if I could buy it anywhere, and he said it was just a teaser, with a better release coming later. I agree that it blows away a lot of other amazing hardcore tracking/wingsuit footage...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Second part (wingsuits) beats Loic's footage. What else can i say?.

:o:o:o I want to see that...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I got my copy yesterday. By far the most hardcore tracking and Wingsuit flying I have ever seen!!
And the music choice is also excellent!!
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

I've tried to get hold of a copy by emailing the gmail address but with no luck, is that how everyone else got theirs?
duh!!-having said this i now recall reading in norwegian on onheading.com that they were no copies left but they did suggest copying other peoples dvds! so if someone can make a copy id be glad to paypal some money over!

i now recall reading in norwegian on onheading.com that they were no copies left but they did suggest copying other peoples dvds!

Upload it to skydivingmovies.com then, please! Anyone?

Is "Superterminal" the same as the "Virtus" teaser that was on skydivemovies a few weeks ago?

>>>>>>>>

Is "Superterminal" the same as the "Virtus" teaser that was on skydivemovies a few weeks ago?

Pretty much.

Superterminal is basically a very large collection of short videos, some of which have been seen on the internet before. These are the same guys who brought you Virtus, Track or Die, I Fly but You Can Hardly Move, etc.

I really liked the cover art. It was a very refreshing change from our typical "hey, look at my adrenaline rush" packaging.

The content will blow your mind. The tracking is futuristic--that's the only word I can think of to describe it. I feel like these guys have pushed tracking into the next millenium.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Aaaaargggghhhh....

This DVD is currently sitting in my mailbox. But because I'm a stupid cunt my mailbox key is with a friend who's out of town. I'm pretty close to putting a crowbar into my mailbox.

Meanwhile, I'll go watch Virtus one more time.

Hey Tom, could you tell me where i can find "Track or Die" i know other people were looking for it 'cas it was waiting under 'recent searches' on skydivingmovies when i headed over to look for it myself! (oh and it wasnt there- hence the post!!:D)

Hey Tom, could you tell me where i can find "Track or Die"

Actually, no. The copy I had bookmarked, the site owner specifically asked not to be linked from this forum for bandwidth issues.

I believe it was rehosted somewhere, so you might try searching this forum for a link.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

hahah

i got my copy... TOM A is absolutley correct... mind blowing
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Thanks for good review Yuri!

We have been tracking like hell for a couple of years now. Elastics, Phenix etc. has helped us reaching new further away. But what is the point of traching further when you have allready reached the bottom of the valley? Well, it is now time to play with our skills. And thatis not only for VKB, or the norwegian basers. That is for all people who love a cool base flight! Welcome to the norwegian big muntain playground!

Regarding the wingsuit section: Loic has been our inspiration. He is number "uno", and will probably be it for a long time. I am just I have someone to look up to!

Espen F

Fly low, pull high....VKB#7

http://www.fatsnake.com

But what is the point of traching further when you have already reached the bottom of the valley?

Awesome, simply awesome. I can't wait to see what the hell we're doing in twenty years. It's going to be incredible.

I can't wait to see what the hell we're doing in twenty years. It's going to be incredible.

Track from the landing area to the exit point :o
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Track from the landing area to the exit point...

Hahahaha, that's awesome! And don't forget the water bassin midway with a bunch of sharks in it. We'll all be jumping with condoms. Ha! :D

Finally managed to crack my mailbox open, and not for naught.

I'm speechless. Absolutely speechless. This is so far beyond any BASE footage I've ever seen. Several times the camera is practically brushing through the top of the trees during a fly-by.

Un, fucking, believable. Never mind 20 years, the future is already here.

A question, what happend to the guy who had a wallstrike on the night jump in the extras section?
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.michibase.ch

The tracking in this film is almost unreal. The bar has been set very high by these guys and I applaud them for it.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Glad to hear this, it looked like a f**'ing hard impact...
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.michibase.ch

To Mikki ZH,

It was me who striked the wall, and the impact was not bad at all. Back then we thaught it would be cool to make it as bad as posible. We tuned up the volume like 500% I think. I actually did not get hurt at all, and landed without any damage 1 minute later. The movie is 3 years old. Back then people called us the "kamikaze-kids". You should have seen the happiness in our eyes when we realized we had a cliffstrike on tape!!!

Fly low, pull high....VKB#7

http://www.fatsnake.com

Received email from Espen there are no more copies left of "Superterminal". They hoped the new copies would circulate from the ones sent out.
If anyone who received a copy would kindly burn one, I would pay for all expenses. Thank you, Mike

[email protected]