hawkflight

what helmet do you wear and why?

I wear a Protec. It has good crash protection, it's the only helmet I currently own (and don't particularly want to shell out for new one, nor am I able to at this point) and it's covered in cool stickers! :P

kristen
swooo #3 MB #3587 P.M.S. #66
"so let go, jump in...what're you waiting for? it's all right 'cause there's beauty in the breakdown"

Z1 full face in the winter, frapp hat in th summer, Nvertigo X for camera stuff.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Usually I wear a cheap $14.00 protec knockoff from Walmart. Open face and ears allow for verbal communication while doing CReW.

On the rare occassions when I do RW, I use an Oxygn. Good for facial protection against kicks and elbows. I do hate it though, once I'm under canopy.
I can't really hear the air around me, and I feel like I've lost one of my senses. I know it sounds strange, but it really bothers me.

I also find the visor to be distracting. Same with goggles and sunglasses, which I never wear while skydiving.

Stay safe,
Mike

If you're gonna' be stupid, well, then you're most likely stupid.

Mostly a pimp daddy mindwarp with two ditters. An oxygen full face when its really cold or until it fogs up too many times and I'm back to the mindwarp. And a bonehead halfrack for camera. For CReW nothing as I like to hear commands but I should just get something like a protec or the bonehead "turtle shell" style helmets with exposed ears for this purpose. Although I've never been kicked in the head during CReW , there are guys out there that can't wait to do exactly this to me.
I also don't have a problem jumping without if the wheather is right.

Rock you like a Hurricane.....

My Hurricane rocks...fits my head good and holds the ProTrack nicely.
Also allows for my Oakleys which fit snug and
the forehead and neck tensioner on the back is cool..

Get one little $$ but works for me...
The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

i use a proteck with a big fat radio on the top!!!!! How ever since my last jump with that thing is tomarrow and i plan to get a proteck for myself and slap a custom paint job on it.... i love to paint. Reason... its cheap and work good!

Anyways

Blue skys
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.

I have found that if I keep the visor down or keep my goggles on when I'm going to land, I get a distorted view. I flip the lens up or flip the goggles over my head after I know I have a good canopy.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Bonehead Havoc. Fits like a glove, has two audible compartments and is the only full face I found that comfortably fits over my glasses. As an added bonus, the whole face lifts up rather than just the visor, which means I can put in on and take it off without removing my glasses. Plus it is kinda scary looking:ph34r:.

I wear a Hawkeye (arrowdynamicsinc.com)... I went through a Gunner (flew off my head at 4.5k and I couldn't find it) I then ordered a Mindwarp but hated the way it was in the back and its overall fit I was unhappy with. I ordered a Hurricane next but it didn't fit right so I sent it back and ordered a Z1-EVO but the biggest size wouldn't fit my pumpkin[:/] Then I ordered a Aviator (also from arrowdynamics) but it didin't fit me right either so I sent it back and got a Hawkeye and I am FINALLY happy with my helmet:S Did I mention I am really picky?[:/]

EDIT: I like the hawkeye because its very comfortable especially with the chin cup, also its very quiet and after awhile its camera ready...