hawkflight

what helmet do you wear and why?

Looking back at my post, it doesn't seem fair for me to make a statement like that and not back it to some degree......

I bought my Z1 about a year and a half ago for around $235 USD. It was probably one of the more expensive helmets available. It looks good, it feels good, and I like having a flip visor so I can get some fresh air under canopy.
My grievience with the Z1 lies in it's craftmanship. I paid over $200 for a pre-molded shell with velcro padding on the inside. I have since had my rigger Redo the padding almost twice due to it's poor craftmanship. I am further disappointed with the lense assembly, and for that amount of money, I would expect a little more.

Now why I wish I would have gone with the Factory Diver -- Uncomplicated, carefree, needs no maintanence, durable, and better quality than the Z1. Even without the flip-visor, it would have been a better Decision IMO....
=========Shaun ==========

Hey Tom - my personal preference is my Z-1 for the winter and my Bonehead Mindwarp for the summer. Occaisionaly "ms?", if I want to feel the wind on my face, I'll jump the Bonehead even if it's cold. Buy a decent fullface and a decent openface and enjoy the option.

Z-1 as shown. For FF I use an old roller hockey helmet with the cage removed (Bought used at Play it Again Sports= 20.00). For camera, O2 sidewinder.

The roller hockey helmet provides the best impact protection... except for the chin.

I've seen folk wearing ski helmets that work wonderfully for SD. Might look into that if you're in the market.
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies.”

A huge pimped-out Bonehead HAVOK/RW. It's cool looking, gives good protection, holds two audibles, allows me to talk in the plane without taking it on and off, and makes me look like darth vader. ;)

And even if I have no idea what I'm doing on a given jump, I can at least scare the other teams. ;)
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

I used to wear a "boeri" ski helmet, I can say good things about it! It was quiet, warm, and looked good, I got compliments on it everywhere I went, few people use them.

Now I wear a Nvertigo x for camera (with a few slight modifications so I don't loose another audible) and a chin cup

and for FF and RW I use a Z1 evo

I travel the land, Work in the ocean, Play in the sky

I wear a bonehead guner.

I wear it because if every scratch on my helmet was a scratch on my head, well, that would kinda hurt.

I wear a helmet pretty much for the same reason I have a cypres. I shouldn't need it, but its there just in case. Its there for two situations. 1. I did something dumb. 2. freak accidents.

I finally broke down and spent the $ for a full faced, got the Z1 and I absolutely love it. I tried on the oxygen, but I did not like how hard it was to get it closed. The Z1 is easy to open and close (once I got rid of the long fingernails), has good field of vision, very comfortable and I love the fact that I can take out the liner and wash it, hate when you try someones helmet on and the inside smells!!

I do want to get and open faced for the summer especially when I do some freefly training, not sure which one I will get, still debating on that one.

Melissa

"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"

I used to wear a "boeri" ski helmet, I can say good things about it! It was quiet, warm, and looked good, I got compliments on it everywhere I went, few people use them.

I was looking at Boeris for an open faced helmet, which model did you get? I think i tried on the myto switch but it felt like it sat a little high on my head. Just curious which one you had.

Melissa

"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"

I use a Pro-tec skateboard lid. I modified the strap for my dytter and decked it out with stickers and
J-U-M-P in keyboard keys accross the front. It's cheap, and it's saved my noggin on at least two separate occasions. Will get a fullface when $$$ allows.
I got nuthin