PhreeZone

Vector3 reserve closing loop length

Alright, I'm getting ready to pack a Vector3 for another of my repacks and the rigger I'm working under wants me to have the closing lopp prestreched and everything. I'm reading the manual for like the third time and can't find the length specified at all in it.

Does anyone know the length for a V355? I'd email RWS but its a weekend :$
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

We don't publish an exact length, because it depends on the bulk of the particular reserve being packed, and the skill of the rigger packing it. Even our riggers, who pack hundreds of rigs a year, sometimes have to resize loops during a packjob, because no two reserve canopies, even of the same type, have the same pack volume. Even temperature and humidity can affect pack volume.

prestretch it, and then match as close as you can to the one previously used. If you don't have that one, I would try and match the length (after it's in cypres disc and in the rig) to roughly the height of the bottom of the packing tray. Error on the long side. It can be a BITCH to get the knot out sometimes. Once you have the knot in, reef on the loop again to set the knot. It will move down the line some. From there, just pack away, and then adjust the length as you close it.

good luck
my pics & stuff!

I would also step on the cypres disc and put a bidkin through the loop part and stretch the closing loop and knot out. The knot will loosen up on you...so if you can stretch it out before you get it closed you can get a better idea of the length that you need. just a thought.