TomAiello

Stealth BASE Canopy

Yeah......Thats what I meant.:P

Not trying to be critical, but you should consider carefully editing and verifying your statements before posting. Slop in one area of life is frequently interpreted as propagating to other areas of life, and rigging and canopy evaluation are not areas where this is acceptable. Perception of an extreme attention to detail and the relentless pursuit of perfection are required in order to gain the hearts, minds, and trust of the fixed object community.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

he wants to buy a 240.

he is getting bigger and biger before you see him again he is fat as me:ph34r: convince him to but a 260:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Not trying to be critical, but you should consider carefully editing and verifying your statements before posting

Your right. I should have Proof read my post .

extreme attention to detail and the relentless pursuit of perfection are required in order to gain the hearts, minds, and trust of the fixed object community.

Maybe... But I wasn't trying to win the hearts and minds of the base community. I was merely trying to say that I've jumped the canopy, and that in my opinion, if flies very well. I jumped it out of a plane 5 times, and base around 10 times. Thats all. But in the future, I will try and pay more Extreme Attention to what I type on the keyboard, so I can win the hearts and minds of the internet community.

But I wasn't trying to win the hearts and minds of the base community.

I think that perhaps 460 had misidentified you as the manufacturer of the canopy. Presumably the manufacturer does wish to win the hearts and minds of the BASE community, in order to sell canopies.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Roger That big guy. No worries. All in all, he's right anyways. I should be more clear and precise next time.

he is getting bigger and biger before you see him again he is fat as me:ph34r: convince him to but a 260:P

Oh please, the day Chad gets fat...

Maybe if you didn't bitch about hiking so much you would fly a 240;). You did look pretty good in my bikini still though:D.

Edit to add crack at Faber

You did look pretty good in my bikini still though

By round of applause, should I post that picture?

I think I can speak for everyone here when I say that we'd rather see pictures of Katie in that bikini.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!!!

I think I can speak for everyone here when I say that we'd rather see pictures of Katie in that bikini.

I agree with Tom too!

I'm sure he would like to borrow it indefinitely;), but he wants to buy a 240.

I'll trade you my 240 for your BlackJack :P

im all whith Tom here:ph34r:
Katie i thourght you had forgot about me,pleace give Chad the attention:P:ph34r:(and who took them stills>:(:ph34r:>:()

And im not lazy.. i just dont borther;):D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Hey MEL, Please post some specifics', A/R, line type , tail pocket type. You mean the first BASE specific canopy with loaded stabilizers,( think Parafoil, Parasled, Unit.).

Pete,
I am in CA for a couple more weeks.
When I get back home and in the shop,I will post some PICs and more info.

As far as the transition thin; I have never had a problem or noticed any different from any other 7 cell BASE type canopy.

The canopy has been jumped from as low as 160 feet and no problems.

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

As far as the transition thin; I have never had a problem or noticed any different from any other 7 cell BASE type canopy.

This quality varies a lot between different models of BASE canopies. Some are good at this, others aren't so good. The difference is definitely something you can feel under canopy.

Which BASE canopies have you flown to make this comparison?

Chad,

I have jumped most of everything out there, but that is not the point.

Most 7 cell canopies whether they are BASE canopies or skydiving canopies have similar if not exactly the same flying characteristics.

The one difference is whether it is vented are not.

Recovering from a stall is simply that, recovery.

MEL

I have noticed dramatic differences between the BASE canopies available and feel that they're mostly all acceptable, just suited for different appications.

I prefer a canopy that's super stable in deep brakes and they're not all good at flying that way. Some canopies excel in this area, while others barely squeak by.

My base history as far as jumping is limited.

My building and/or building BASE gear is more extensive.

I agree ALL 7 cell canopys are not the same, but I did write MOST.

BASE Canopies of today still open, fly and land much like as the late '80's and early '90's seven cell canopies.

MEL

Oh heeeeeell no. I'm not trading this for anything! I haven't jumped her when it's light enough to see her colors in a picture when she's flying, but this is what I'm talking about!

Oh heeeeeell no. I'm not trading this for anything! I haven't jumped her when it's light enough to see her colors in a picture when she's flying, but this is what I'm talking about!

Sweet.. B| But I was actually referring to

I've found the ACE to have a very acceptable transition and the BlackJack is even better. As of right now, the Ace is the ONLY non-vented BASE canopy I will jump (unless I can get my hands on a Mojo...TOMWink).

So Dexter, if you still want to get your hands on a Mojo.. I need something with vents for all theese low E's around here.

Most 7 cell canopies whether they are BASE canopies or skydiving canopies have similar if not exactly the same flying characteristics.

Slider down opening quality is the single largest of the criterion I use when selecting a BASE canopy. It's exceedingly difficult to test slider down, low airspeed, opening characteristics in a non-BASE environment.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com