ClifHuckstable

730 jumps in 2006

Miles' is at 244 base jumps total for the year 2006. That's an average of exactly 2/day. Just thought I'd remind you all. Hmmmm.......wonder who's gonna win that vintage Vision container.........

wonder who's gonna win that vintage Vision container.........

Me!!!

I'm hopeing that although vintage it some how can open within 30feet
that way i can jump off a diving platform :)
maybe I could attach a beach umbrella to it :S

i just jumped with him yestereday... those arent base jumps he's doing, they're unpacked jumps.. WEAKSOSS!!!!!

-am
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

WRONG!!!

they are paraglider flights, as my 'friends' keep telling me...

so pretty soon I'll be applying for my P3 on the basis of all my paraglider flights from the perrine

:D

well that opens up a great big bag doesn't it? a few years ago Jay-Bone and I were sitting around doing what Base jumpers do when their not jumping/packing/watching videos/talking sh*t on the internet. we wanted to find out what the definition of a Base jump is and here is what we found. a fixed object jump is defined as "a person exiting a fixed object with a parachute in a closed container" now before the scrutiny begins I dont remember where we read this exactly. I think it was from an old fixed object journal. Nick DG could that be right? maybe something published from Jean B. like I said I can't remember. i do remember what it said though. now this definition sounds reasonable and if it is taken litterally all the jumps that Miles have been counting, well they don't count! jumps with and unpacked canopy are ground launched canopy flights. just because they are off a bridge doesn't really matter now does it? I hope Miles has been keeping track of actual Base jumps vs. ground launches for your pool. just wanted to let you all know the facts. I hope that this information doesn't effect too many peoples jump numbers.
B________________

put me down for 738...

thanks clif...c-ya

Psh, no way, that's my number! :P
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

For the reasons of this episode Miles counts each time he jumps off the bridge as 1 jump.

He did 10 today by the way.

~
Fear is the thief of dreams...

id still consider them BASE jumps...were people doing rollovers (mcconkeys) and tards when that book was written? They are just new and cool ways to do it.

Oh great.
Are we gonna go throught that old "unpacked jumps are not really base jumps" debate again?
Whatever, I don't care who says it has to be packed up and closed inside friggen container, direct bag, garbage bag or a coffin. You're using base gear and stepping off of a fixed object. Its the sport of base jumping no matter how technically anal you want to get.
Miles has 254 BASE JUMPS this year.

Sorry ronkvic, 737 is also taken by ojlawrence.
And fastpete, 901 is taken by 87SupraT.
You guys have to choose again.

Oh great.
Are we gonna go throught that old "unpacked jumps are not really base jumps" debate again?

Well, since I wasn't around the first time, how about: "jumping with an uninflated canopy" is base jumping?

I'm with the Doffdonner: It's the sport of base jumping no matter how technically anal you want to get.

Put me down for a big fat 747

CJ=)

Then you would be excluding ‘unders’ a.k.a. ‘The Tom Aiello Drop’ and I believe they are basejumps too.

How about when you get to the exit with a packed rig, deploy and THEN leave the object when your inflating/inlfated canopy drags you off?

( I heard rumours that this works, but try as I might, I couldn’t convince anyone to do it yet…)

christ, i just wanted t raz miles a lil. who gives a fuck if its base or not (cause its not), its fun. parachutes are the shiznizzle.

:)

-am
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

who gives a fuck if its base or not (cause its not),

:)
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

So if unpaked jumps aren't base, can we send people off the brigde with no canopy experiance as long as they're unpacked?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~Adam Savage

some people are scared to do un packed jumps so they dont want to call them base jumps I mean how many people have u seen doing rool vers or tard over off of buildings or cliffs or antennas and im not talking about pussy space neddle type shit either
no dout Holly your a genius thats how ill start death camping people I would love to see if one of these guys has the meat saber to though a tard of a building thats not over hung

d
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

i dunno, ask the guy I heard about that went to the ICU after an assisted TARD.

but "we" can do whatever we _individually_ want. there is no collective. "we" can and always will disagree on things too.

-am
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

your right
we can all have our own opions unless we move to North Korea
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

Carl Boenish made the statement canopies had to be packed into a container in order to differentiate between what he then called fixed object jumps (and later BASE jumps) and something else people had already done many times and that was “pull offs.” A pull off was originally a way of exiting an aircraft by standing on the wing, pulling the ripcord, and letting the relative wind and the deploying canopy pull you off. This practice is later adapted by some to tall towers in stiff winds. If you’ve ever been on a 2000-foot tower in a 70 mph wind you can see how well that would work.

Also, some of Carl’s early adventures in ultra low BASE jumping involved already opened round canopies attached to metal hoops with clothes pins, sort of Coney Island style. Freedom Bridge in Arizona is first jumped that way, as it seemed the only way possible at the time, while nowadays people routinely do 2-second freefalls there.

So the idea that Carl was trying to get across is BASE, is not only a new sport at the time, but also quite different from what had preceded it.

I believe had Carl lived he would have kept pace with the times and probably modified that position to include Tards and such as real BASE jumps. My reasoning is this; while there is a fine line between “packed” and “flaked” if we use the two words interchangeably it makes a big difference.

When people are Tarding they don’t just pull a wadded up ball of nylon out of gear bag, toss it over the edge, and follow it over. No, they hang it, jiggle it, and caress it to the point it becomes a pro-pack hanging on a hook. To a large extent that’s packing and reefing even though it doesn’t get put into a container. Throw in the measure of control this type of launch requires and I’m pretty sure Carl would have considered that BASE jumping.

On the point of do these types of launches count towards a total number of BASE jumps, well, be careful, as chasing numbers is something about 90% of BASE community shouldn’t even be thinking about. That’s that other sport . . .

It also may be because as yet, no one has been killed doing these kinds of launches, so somehow it becomes suspect. It was the same reaction direct bag received when it was first developed. I was really scratching my head the first time I heard jumpers saying direct bag wasn’t BASE jumping with the rational being it was too safe. If anything, that way of thinking, is re-“tarded!”

NickD :)BASE 194

...how many people have u seen doing rool vers or tard over off of buildings or cliffs or antennas...

Raises hand... :P
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com