blair700

Tom Manship

Rest in peace Tom.

You truly were a beautiful person and you always had a big heart for people around you.

You are missed.

BSBD

iiro

Nice memories Brian

3) Earlier in this post, someone posted a story of Tom's cameo in their video, where he said, "Oh, you want a count before I go? Ok. One" and then he jumped. Well, here's another one: There's a video floating around out there that is classic Manship. On the video, there are about 10 or 12 jumpers standing around on the bridge, all geared up and ready to go (Tom is one of them). Most of the jumpers are young jumpers, with just a few jumps under the belt. Marta is there, and the jumpers are asking her all sorts of questions and gleaning information from her. So the video shows Marta talking for several minutes, with all of the jumpers giving her their undivided attention when all of a sudden, Tom loudly declares, "I can't take it anymore, I gotta go!" And he proceeds to charge to the rail like a rabid animal, and rolls over it completely out of control. The look on everyone's face, and their gasps, were absolutely priceless (they thought Tom was some random old man with only a few jumps under his belt). Tom did an out-of-control barrel roll after catapulting over the rail, but quickly righted himself to a rock-solid position, followed by a dead-on opening...

I was one of those young jumpers doing my FJC with Marta when Tom did this. I thought I might have video of it, but after searching my tapes, I couldn't find it. It was classic Tom Manship behavior.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I have this clip but don't know how to post it up on the site here. I'll send it to you via PM.

----
I was one of those young jumpers doing my FJC with Marta when Tom did this. I thought I might have video of it, but after searching my tapes, I couldn't find it. It was classic Tom Manship behavior.
----

"Whats the difference between shit and applebutter?" - Kim Fuller

Well here it is loaded to my server. The case of the letters in the URL is important.

http://home.wizwire.com/tommanship/TBail2.MPG

Tom...you will be missed by so many ...in
my log book you were D2285...C4860...and B6472.....first kiss pass 5-1-1977....

i will miss you...your TCU girl....csn

that's so funny....
Made me smile, everyone that knew him was blessed.....:)
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE