eph1eleven

bd05 dvd... your opinion

It's pretty much a time honored tradition for jumpers to complain about the Bridge Day video. People complained when Will Forshay did it, because it took him "too long" to release it, and because it wasn't edited together nicely. People complained when Martini Shot did it because it took "too long" (despite them losing most of their equipment in a hangar fire).

People are going to complain no matter what gets done with it. That's just the nature of the thing.

I wonder if the producers ought to offer a "money back less shipping" refund policy if you return it in "as new" condition. But I'd bet that people would still complain. It's just what we do.

If you think you can do better, I'm sure that Jason would be willing to consider a competing bid. In fact, he might just let you produce your own video side-by-side with Triax (or whoever does it next year).

Personally, I think the video keeps getting better every year, and that the producers keep learning things. If you want to help them produce a better video next year, write them a letter with some suggestions. I've found that they respond well to customer input, and really do try very hard to produce a quality product that people enjoy.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

To add to that you have to realize Triax is trying to Cater to over 400 people in a very specific market... Anyone would be hardpressed to please everyone.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I gotta admit, I love the photo on the DVD itself. Great shot of my first jump :)

looks a tad puckerd?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I think the vidoe is really good and captures most of the BD experience. Sure I would have liked to have seen my jumps but that is not the only reason I bought it. There were a lot of really cool jumps and some really fucked up jumps and it gives me the opportunity to show my friends the whole BD experience not just my little part of it. If I wanted a guaranteed video of each of my jump I would have hired a videographer. JMHO.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Personally, I think the video keeps getting better every year, and that the producers keep learning things. If you want to help them produce a better video next year, write them a letter with some suggestions. I've found that they respond well to customer input, and really do try very hard to produce a quality product that people enjoy.

Thanks Tom. And for the record, anyone interested in providing feedback to Triax regarding the Bridge Day 2005 DVD production can do so by emailing me at:
chris AT triaxproductions DOT com.
Posting your opinions is good as well (good or bad), but if you could at least copy us on your post to let us know it's there that would be appreciated. We value all of your comments, be they criticisms or congratulations or whatever, because it helps us to make future productions better.

The coordinating, filming, and editing of the Bridge Day events is a long and costly process for us, and not a very profitable one at that. We do it for the same reasons any of you make videos of any kind: because we love BASE jumping, BASE jumpers, and the good times associated with the blending of the two. We also love the challenges of creating films/videos. It's kind of like the greulling approach up to an exit point; yes, it's hard and laborious and has you cursing at times, but the reward when you summit not only makes it all worth it, but allows you to see (in hindsight) the approach for what it was--a part of a really cool journey.

Here's to hoping all of you have many cool journeys in the future, and thanks for your support!

cheers!
pope

BTW- As the editor, I'm probably my worst critic, and my list of criticisms about this DVD is too long to go into here, but I will say that the lack of the Bill Bird/Jon Dragan footage in this DVD is regrettable, FOR SURE. It was always an intention of mine to devote an entire section of the DVD to Jon and his jump with Bill, but due to some difficulties in getting required media, the footage was set aside and overlooked in the end. My apologies to EVERYONE for my oversight. I will however, put the footage I DO have into a special edit that I will do soon and host permanently on the triaxproductions.com website. If anyone has any footage, images, press clippings, poems, or stories they can contribute to this edit, Please contact me to arrange getting it to me. The more content I have for this edit, the better tribute to Jon it can be, so please help out by contributing. I'm aiming to have this available at www.triaxproductions.com/trailers by Feb. 1st, 2006 to allow a bit of time for people to get me media.