JaapSuter

It's hard to find a mentor...

When I said "we" I meant "we, North American BASE jumpers." I was in no way discussing, or attempting to "look down" on, or in any way denigrate any skydiver, group of skydivers, or participant in any other sporting activity.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Yups I forgot tracking and first aid. First aid is always useful. Also for my future career.

Also..I'm willing to listen...but I'm not willing to take things for granted.

He'll trap you at the exit point at dawn, and he'll start talking and the next thing you know, it'll be midnight.

Not quite correct. I'll start talking after we land. Jaap being the absolute fitter person of the two of us will find out very quickly that he can get at least two jumps in for each of my one. He'll end up doing at least 8 for the day whilst I am dragging my sorry fat arse (that IS the proper spelling for my learned American friends) up for my four. That means that our paths will only intersect a few times during the day. And I will be sssssoooooo much out of breath, that I won't even have enough oxygen going to my brain to sustain any meaningful talk. left foot, right foot, breath in, breath out. Jaap will recognise this VERY early on, and will then avoid me as much as possible during the day. And then. . . . . . . .

But after the jumping is finished. . . . . . . . . and we are a having a few ales. . . . . . then I will come out of my quiet/instrospective/shy shell. . . . .

Anyway, who are you telling Jaap that I am talkative??????? :D

xoxoxoxoxo

Tom
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

dude your too serius,relaxe read the jokes,become the old Jaap that were more fun;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Jaap sounds like an old timer.

As you do more jumps and meet more people and do real time in the sport, you get to see more and more accidents. Many of these are totally preventable and are a direct result of human error - and I mean fundamental stuff, not freaky out of your control stuff. This is frustrating!!!!! Jaap has a basic underlying desire to help his fellow jumpers to enjoy the sport for a long time. He does not want to see his friends/aquaintances/colleagues injured/dead/scared from the sport. Not all people understand this for some obscure reason.

Just my 0.02.

p.s. to survive and enjoy, I beleive you need a balance of seriousness and fun. After all this sport IS SERIOUS, and it should be fun too.

p.s.s how is our Aussie/Danish princess going??:)

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

Anyway, who are you telling Jaap that I am talkative??????? :D

A woman who is not very funny in her own right, but who has the occasional knack for writing things that draw others out.

And some people are easier to draw than others. :D

You're the best, Tom.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

and you are welcome downunder anytime!!!!

Thanks...I may just hold you to that..so watch out! ;)

All the very best of luck with it all.

Very much appreciated....:)

Sounds like it is a "drawing" contest rl.

20 paces my dear.

Fingers at the ready.

Type.

ps. this is all practice for me. If anyone takes me seriously???? Then that will make one of us - cause I certainly don't.. :o But if you want to delve more deeply, maybe I have some deeper underlying . . . . . . . . . (fill in the blanks here) . . . . . .

Dude, you're too serious. Relax, read the jokes, become the old Jaap that was more fun...;)

Sorry, it's that time of year. Just for you though, here's a picture of a rabbit with a pancake on it's head.

Totally funny... :D

Jaap,while I agree that "a" pancake would be funny
on the rabbits head...that pic appears to show "TWO"
pancakes on his head.....and that......well, thats just
rabbit abuse.:o

(and obviously not proper headgear for a rabbit to be jumpin with)

Sorry, it's that time of year. Just for you though, here's a picture of a rabbit with a pancake on it's head.Totally funny... :D

It's even MORE FUNNY if those are the blueberry pancakes that chris couldn't get for his breakfast after bridgeday (ask tom but you kind of had to be there to understand it ... but suffice to say chris was severely P*ssed at not being able to get blueberry pancakes because the breakfast menu was finished ... It was a cross between "Falling Down" and the re-invasion of Poland (sorry poland) ... :P

Sorry, it's that time of year.

huh? girls only get it each months:P

is ´that a rabbit? Now i would laugh if you could find a pic whith a guineea pic,which wear pandcake:ph34r:

okay i agree it is funny:ph34r:

Stay safe
Stefan Faber