gun986

Vented Troll vs. Flik Vtec

Hey,
I'm looking for a comparison between the Flik Vtec & the Troll MDV/DW, especially in the 265 size range.
Also would like to know the differnece in flight characteristics between the 4th & 5th control line on the Flik and the 4 vs. 5 valves on the Troll.
I currently have a Troll 265 MDV (4 valve) but am interested in trying out the Flik. Thanks in advance!

Gunnar

Uhh, you want fries with that?

...differnece in flight characteristics between...4 vs. 5 valves on the Troll.

Pretty much negligible. The center cell valve has an effect on opening characteristics, but pretty much does not change flight characteristics.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Yo !

If you were given unmarked Troll MDV/DW and Flik VTec, chances are you couldn't tell which one is which in the air. They are very similar and equally good.

There's noticeable difference between 4 and 5 control lines, and it probably boils down to personal preference. I jump both setups and neither is a clear winner. Do a search on the board, this subject has been discussed to death.

bsbd!

Yuri.

majority of my not so many jumps are between Flik 293 vtec and troll 265 mdv ( dw and not ). I am fairly confident saying that the troll is a bit more ground hungry, while the flik is "a bus". I have always opted to jump the Troll in higher winds. Otherwise I didn't feel that the center vent on the DW made any difference. Again, I don't have that many jumps, but they are all fairly recent, so take it for what it's worth.

from what i have seen(and not enough to make an acurate "rreport") i´ll say that the _Flik has a better glide ratio... but as said its only from my point of weiv and not enough to state it.then add that i havnt tryed to fly the Troll yet..

The 5th line thing is as Yuri says a personal thing. whith the 5th line i think the canopy flys more like a skydive canopy,whith the 4th line its more like a pressision canopy were its more easy to sink.
simply as you have the 5th line mod on you have a more powerfull flare,but also (more) easy to stall while sinking the canopy.

I dont jump the 5th line anymore but i were happy using it as i jumped just after my injury,and in no doubt i place it on again if i get injuryed and need the glide landings than sinking(preinjuryed you dont want to sink into small places anyway but jump them easy lz´s were theres plenty of room.

Its all personal and if i had as many rigs as Yuri i would also have rigs whith the 5th line mod on..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Hi, :)To see what would suit you better, best is to see it, touch it, jump it. Many other things are in the game when it comes to decision what to buy, like service, price, quality, sizing...

Faber, your perception about the 5 or 4 line set up are totally wrong. Did you ever head any skydiving accuracy experience, using accuracy canopies?!

I doubt you had because you would write exactly opposite ;)

Wish to all visitors happy holidays
Regards Robibird
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

My experience is that you can sink the 4th line canopy closer to stall point whith out stalling it than the 5th line which is what i posted.

would you say that its more easy to stall the 4th line canopy vs 5th line?(like you will have stronger flare by 4th line ..)
that aint my my experience and i know a few others that feel that way aswell;) but as said its all personal

Happy hollidays to you aswellB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

:)Faber, both are easy to stall, you just need to push down hard, ha, haa...
5 line mod allow you to turn canopy flatter, sink is better (sensitivity and stall point is more matter of practise) How close the 100% brake is from the stall point depends on way to many factors than 4 or 5 line mod. You have to calculate size, weight, type of trim, weather conditions - which may give you wrong perception what has happened if you are not aware of all variables, etc..
Flare is good in both line mod's if you have enough speed to get the lift.
Opening w 5 line mod is bit harder and less off heading sensitive (just how I feel)
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

he he good to see your good humor;):D

Your planing any thing on S´s in Europe next year?

i do agree that the 5th line tend to spank on openings if you take a delay) the offheadding im not sure,but hey my packjobs and poor body positions while falling im just happy that most of my jumps are onheadding:P:ph34r:

Stay safe
Stefan Faber