outrager

BASE game

Tell us, if you have the suggestions about game options.
---------------------------------------------------------

I dnt know if its been discued but maybe making like a points system for the game, for distance, technical, accuracy ect.. an arcade mode and then maybe like a carrer mode going all round the world to different locations competing against different people. I think otherwise the game mite get quite boring, personally i think it should be like Sxx tricky the snowboarding game, trying to appeal to a bigger audiance. Giving the game a bit more depth.

Just my thoughts
Blues

Yes, carrer mode will be main secondary gameplay. Also, various competitions will be, but i think this game mode is far-fetched in case of BASE :P. Therefore we want to implement a set of character skills and let to improve these skills during playing the game - for example you will be able to improve traking ability to fly like in "superterminal". In this lights, you character will gain the expirience instead of abstract points. Another element of game is to make the replay clips based on your jumps and tricks.

Okee, just some ideas:

Multiplayer PLEAAASEEEE
A good multiplayer feature can make a game so much more valuable to play.

I can so see myself doing nice 3 ways & competing with my friends on bad weather days :ph34r:

It will be :)

Oh and yeah, backtracking & being able to make docks is what I would like to see. :)

Now we try to implement real exit action based on ragdoll physics. In result you be able to control the simulated human body in free fall - hands, legs, even head :)

What about jumping with smoke?

Certainly!

Land on driving trucks.

It is possible. But preferable as bonus mission :) I dont think you like to trying a hundreds of times to make a certain action to continue the game :)

Work in progress canopy model..
Not sure if its use-able for the game, but hopefully a bit more accurate then the current one.
Brakes/lines/toggles still need to be added..

Feedback is welcome
Cheerio!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

B|
Sweet!
Do you know about slider off pack jobs Jarno?

I know about slider off packjobs, but do you know about vertex', double sided faces, polygons and smoothing normals?:P (yeayea..nerd! written on my forehead)

I'm just modeling a complete canopy for now.
Any slider off modifications/mesh-slider variations can always be made later B|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

What are you modeling that with?

3dsmax (but also used maya in the past)

This is an other (game-res) model I made a while ago.
The program you use doesnt matter that much..the technique is always the same..(a bit like working with clay)

Quite a few people have asked for the wingsuit model, but the model is being used for a project (not this base game), so sorry about not sharing that one just yet..but you'll like what the thing its being used for..

small update on the canopy (with steering lines and temp. texture)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Hmm.
Well, and now let's explain what is the difference.. although i have see one. Is this a sections? In this light our canopy have strange border sections.

Hi, Jarno!

That is feedbak :)
Can you put a little smooth upon the canopy?

somebody finally has a use for my canopy model?

Damn those guys are brave just having their risers sewn onto their shirts like that.:P

Greenie in training.

You fell for it! Those are hidden harnesses designed by Shoobi Knutson.

*slight fib
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

doesn't matter because I saw some of them tearing away from the shirt/hidden harness :P

Greenie in training.

Come on, polygon crew canopies come standard with retractable pilot chutes. Everyone knows that!

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

somebody finally has a use for my canopy model?

is this a proposal or just a curiosity? :)
at least, let us see :)

Come on, polygon crew canopies come standard with retractable pilot chutes. Everyone knows that!

Whoops... sorry. With my low jump numbers, I don't know that kind of stuff yet ;)

Any news on how developments going? Release date?

I understand its probably been pushed back with all the new things suggested....

We are all eagerly awaiting it ;)

Release date..? Pre orders ?
I became better in this sport when I learned to shut my mouth and keep my eyes and ears open.

I'm not a BASE jumper, and not a hardcore gamer, but that's DAMN impressive!!

B|B|
Rainman