outrager

BASE game

Do you guys have a publisher yet? What's your intended distribution mechanism?

I'm stoked to see somebody make a BASE game, I hope you'll ship it!

Jaap

We have a flexible position by way of development, and now even the genre of game is not determined finally.

Now there are two main ways of development:
1. If we shall find the publisher, we shall try to develop game in addition in an adventure genre.
2. Differently, we shall release game as shareware, without elements of an adventure.

Mac version?
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Mac version, please.......

is the future now ?? :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Porting a game to Mac can easily take six man months. I'd say it's a much better idea to spend that energy on adding new features or assuring the game gets shipped in the first place.

Remember, for every game you see on store-shelves or download online, there are at least twenty projects that started with much enthusiasm yet ended prematurely.

I'd say these guys have better things to do than cater to a negligible market.

Let's not dissolve into a Mac versus Windows discussion here. I'm a huge fan of Mac and it's an elegant platform. But the reality of the situation is that it's not a viable platform from an economic perspective.

Another question concerning tracking is about horizontal movement.

Now we use the following model: when the baser deviates horizontal position, there is a horizontal element of resistance force which moves him to the same side where "normal" is directed (look at the attachment for further details).

Whether such model is realistic?

In general, it would be wonderful if somebody has described tracking in the abstract form.

Porting a game to Mac can easily take six man months. I'd say it's a much better idea to spend that energy on adding new features or assuring the game gets shipped in the first place..

so it's not about just putting a Mac Compatible sticker on the box ?? [:/]
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Another question concerning tracking is about horizontal movement.

Now we use the following model: when the baser deviates horizontal position, there is a horizontal element of resistance force which moves him to the same side where "normal" is directed (look at the attachment for further details).

Whether such model is realistic?

In general, it would be wonderful if somebody has described tracking in the abstract form.

Hi
1 of the biggest contributers with tracking a great distance seems to be the clotheing worn,
does your game have some of the worlds big cliffs or just man made objects ?

if it has big cliffs then would be cool if the game allows your to select tracking gear, pants/jackets, wingsuits etc.

If you want a lot of base footage to get an idea of then sign up to skydivingmovies.com and search around the BASE category for tracking

"B.A.S.E." videogame trailer is avaiable, just look around...

http://d3company.com/news.html

HQ version is 44Mb, LQ is 21Mb. Lets choose :)

It looks like in this demo video the jumper pull with his left hand.... I would say most jumper pull with the right but I know at list 2 that pull lefty.... ;)

--
Renaud SMA #9
"Mind is like parachute. It only functions when it's open."

Maybe this thread or one of its contributors could answer your questions:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1673017;

Edit: Just watched the trailer--pretty sweet. Yeah, he definitely pitches with his left hand, and goes pretty head-low on exit, too! I especially like the pink canopy. Nice touch. ;)B|

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

I cant find it :/ i've looked all over for the trailer :/

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

God the character in that game can track well. There's one part towards the end of the video where it looks like he's getting a 3:1 glide ratio!!! :ph34r:
Alright, back to packing.:S

You guys stole my idea! Well i think we all had this idea....

I definetly like the "adventure" aspect of the game. Make it so the BASE jumper could travel around the world doing all of the famous jumps. Jumps like BD, TF, Maylasia, ect... The option of gear for trackign is a must too. Also make it so thta you can do TARDS, CWADS, and McConkey's as well. You need a tester, Iam all yours. Looks more fun than GTA!

DBR
"... and I'll jump off that bridge when I get to it...."

It looks like in this demo video the jumper pull with his left hand.... I would say most jumper pull with the right but I know at list 2 that pull lefty.... ;)

Yeah, our dude is not such as all :)
Generally, it is simple consequence of animation export, initially he pulled out the pilot chute by the right hand :)

The BOC is left handed in the video. Thats wierd!

Miles D. jumps both left and right handed BOC's on his various rigs. The first time I borrowed a rig from him, it had a left handed BOC, and I didn't catch it until I did practice pulls just before exit. Definitely a little freaky. He seems to have it down pretty well, though. I think I've only seen him go for the BOC with the wrong hand once, and he sorted it out very quickly.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I heard that he broke his R hand and wanted to continue jumping...That's what I heard...

I saw Miles going for the wrong side but he's pretty quick switching over.
Memento Audere Semper

oh yeah, think it was his shoulder from what i remember. never connected the two. i would of just waited till I healed, but IM NOT MILES, WOOO - HOOOO!! ;)

Privet, Alexander! ;)

It would be too CPU-expensive to actually solve differential equations to simulate tracking.

Here's far simplier, yet realistically looking approach.

Based on empirical data, we can draw an approximate dependence of vertical and horizontal acceleration on time, Av(t) and Ah(t).

We know that at t=0, the vertical acceleration is equal to G=9.8m/s^2, since the only force acting on body is gravity (assuming launch with minimum air speed). We know empirically that the equilibrium speed is achieved in about 10s, so acceleration is [almost] zero at that time. Also, the rate of change of acceleration both at t=0 and t=10 is zero. Finally, the total area under Av(t) curve should be equal to the equilibrium vertical speed Vv(10), which can be from ~110mph to ~80mph, depending on jumper's weight and build and tracking ability.

We now have two points, Av(0)=G and Av(10)=0, two derivatives, Av'(0)=0 and Av'(10)=0, and an integral Integral(Av(t)dt)=Vv(t). We can simply draw a smooth half-bell shaped curve Av(t) based on this data, for example, using a 4th order polynomial (5 equations for 5 coefficients).

Similarly, for horizontal acceleration, we have Ah(0)=0, Ah(10)=0, Ah'(0)=0, Ah'(10)=0, Integral(Ah(t)dt)=Vh(t), where Vh is connected to Vv by the glide ratio, Vh/Vv=GR (which can be chosen in the game based on jumper's tracking skills). Again, we appoximate the bell-shaped curve with a polynomial.

Once we have Av(t) and Ah(t), we can integrate them over time to obtain vertical and horizontal speeds at any given time, and integrating velocity will give you position.

Using polynomials or other simple functions will allow you to do integration analytically and calculate speed/position at any given time by simply plugging the time into a formula, instead of wasting CPU cycles for numerical integration.

Yuri

P.S. Hint: you can assume that for an average norwegian, glide ratio Vh/Vv=1.5. For a skilled fat american, Vh/Vv=0.5. :D
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio