outrager

BASE game

Right on! I remember when it took forever just to explain the concept to a layperson.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Didn't some people talk about doing this?

Also, anyone notice that in the pictures the rig looks more like a Vector than it does a BASE rig. :P

Edit to add:

Did some more reading....Here's a quote from the webpage.

"BASE Gears. Game allows to test in practice the dozen of real-life, specially developed for BASE-jumping gears, and also the fantastic elements, allowing to make improbable tricks."

Uh, then why the skydiving rig? Is that an option in the game? :P That'd be cool too! :D :D

The pictures were taking forever to load I couldn't wait. Did you actually get the full size pictures to load or were you just looking at the little ones?

Greenie in training.

The full size ones. It did take a long time to load. I'm at work so I went off and did something else while they loaded. When I got back to my desk...tada!

Just did the same thing, yes it looks like a skydiving rig. Did I mention I want in on the beta test?! Whoever is involved with this PM me. :P

Greenie in training.

slow loading because the company is based in Russia. Hence the not-so-perfect grammar (like mine).

Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

pretty cool.
I dono about you guys, but im still gonna jump off real things.

-SPACE-

I'd buy it.

I still toss GTA San Andreas in once in a while and search for new objects :)

Even my whuffo friends do that with me. We spent forever one night trying to figure out a way to do a 2-way. If you get the 2-player icon things you can both use a jetpack but you can't both use a rig, at least we never found a way.

Greenie in training.

Holy F$%*

awesome
http://d3company.com/img/base/shots/game-d%202005-12-13%2021-14-44-62.jpg

Best advice I can give here is for people to support it, even if they have a skydiving rig and not a base rig in the game
as if you support it then more likely there will be a second more improved game, I'm sure if you write to the creators and give them some friendly advice they wouldn't mind
hell ya might even be able to get them into this forum for a Q&A session

Uh, then why the skydiving rig?

Well, one or two of the pictures are shot above the common exit points. There was a picture on the original jumptower.com website of people climbing up the inside of the "stinger" (not in the traditional sense) but did anyone actually jump from the top? Even if they did, it would still be pretty impressive to get to that point in the air so I'm guessing the exit was not from a fixed object.

And the stage was much further back and facing the other way. It's all about attention to detais :-P
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

I wonder if they have virtual cops to watch out for in the game.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

can you select fom different BASE jupers, rigs etc like in any sports game where you select the athlete and the gear ??

I want that game.

Please ask them do do that game MAC compatible :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Rig looks good to me.
But the canopy looks like it broke some lines on deployment. ;)

i have downloaded easily the big ones also, whats your connetion? and i think the server isn`t in Russia, Sorry.....

Yuri, Do you have other exits that in Ostankino? it looked really great, Nice graphics....

Has passed little bit more than one week since that moment as we have published the first information concerning development of the game project "BASE". We were pleasantly surprised with attention of BASE-community. We shall necessarily consider all remarks of basers.

It would be desirable to state in brief our point of view on the game project devoted BASE. Certainly, not any event in a reality can be interpreted successfully in a game format. As practice shows, any game cannot compete to a reality by way of reliability of an event. Especially, such complex theme as BASE, it is expressed in many aspects of activity of people - sports, social, even adventurous

It would be desirable to tell, that we make game first of all for players, instead of for basers (though the second does not exclude the first). There is an opinion, that BASE is rather accessible sports, But it is necessary to pay attention to recommendations of professionals. For the usual person, 200-250 parachute jumps are not less than two years intensive skydiving. BASE it is no more accessible, than martial arts - it is meant, that to them will devote a maximum of time. At the same time, playing electronic game, the person can receive similar experience, certainly in rather approached kind. Here we hope for participation of BASE-community which is called to keep a maximum of adequacy in game action.

Now all discussion of game, the remark and the offer is recommended to be accumulated at this forum thread or send to us by e-mail. We are ready to discuss game with all interested people.

Alexander Petryaev, D3 technical director

Hi Alexander

I think 1 of the most important aspects of the game would be the physics being as similar to real life as possible.

for example it would be silly if you jump off a 1000 foot object falling straight down and have a 20 second free fall.

best of luck with the game, if you would like a beta or even alpha tester please pm me

I think 1 of the most important aspects of the game would be the physics being as similar to real life as possible.

for example it would be silly if you jump off a 1000 foot object falling straight down and have a 20 second free fall.

Yes, I believe that it so.

Considering the terminal velocity, our approach is the linear functional dependence of air resistance force from the motion velocity. The result shows good reliability of simulation. Also, we consider position of a body - falling headfirst baser reaches the much greater terminal velocity, than in position of tracking.

best of luck with the game, if you would like a beta or even alpha tester please pm me

Ok :)

One more interesting question.

What is the time it is required to the falling baser to begin good tracking?

Whether the length of this period depends on skills of the baser? Whether the skilful person can begin tracking on smaller valocity?

What is the time it is required to the falling baser to begin good tracking?

2-7 seconds.

Whether the length of this period depends on skills of the baser? Whether the skilful person can begin tracking on smaller valocity?

Very much so.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com