STAVANGER Norway<--- Choice
ROTTERDAM Netherlands
BRUNSSUM Netherlands
NAPLES Italy
HEIDELBERG Germany
MILDENHALL UK.
ROTTERDAM Netherlands
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Actualy, i'm real interested in this topic cos' right now im making plans to move to the continent(EU)- so i can have access to better jumps. I'm planning on taking my girl with me- problem is we only speak english. Question for me is, where in europe is 'central' for base and where the language barrier is not that high ie:- where the people who can speak english, will speak it........I guess that counts out france doesnt it?;)

Any ideas????

this is a wishlist of BASE places to live

Is this a choice of military bases where you could be posted?

Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

France of course. Alpes Maritimes is English speaking area. And French basejumpers speak English quite well.

Fido

Why not use the opportunity to learn a new language, and a new culture! Going to place where they speak english, will not make you learn anything!

Whilst sticking to the usual protocol of not naming specific sites, would you tell me what you think is at the UK site you named that would single it out as a BASE paradise. I'm not sure what's there apart from an RAF base.

Your right.......ofcourse.
I work for two weeks of the month offshore, so the chances of me picking up a second language is quite remote. Whilst im at work, my girlfriend would be spending most of the time alone in that country.......... shes not a jumper and you know how it is??- think it might be more helpful (for me), if she could meet people and make new friends easier.

have i redeemed myself????:P

Cheers!- east france was my favorite option- base wise... i didnt realise that there were english speaking places in france. i knew the french could speak english quite well, but was under the impression that they chose not to.....guess i was wrong.;)

BRUNSSUM Netherlands

I don't know what BASE sites there are over there...but it's the ideal location to to head out to other countries such as Belgium, France, Germany.

There's some nice B's in Rotterdam but I don't know whether or not they are very accessible :|

You are working offshore!

What are you then waiting for, Norway Stavanger is the Oilcity you would like to take your wife to! Norwegian offshore have the best working terms in the world, 2 weeks on and 4 off (Service companies have some different terms, but overall it should be no worse than 2 on and 3 off) Everybody speak (funny) english, but you will survive!

cya

I believe I know who you work for! My wife works for the same. We're considering Stav as the best option. Stay in touch.
take care,
space

Yeah!- i thought of that and while it would be awsome, its not an EU country, so if i immigrated and registered over there id have to pay heaps in tax... nope i think ill stick to europe and then just head off to norway a couple times a year;) at least in europe i can spread myself around a bit.
take it easy!

Do you complain about our perfect tax system? :o It pays helirescues if you need one! :P

Denmark has some offshore aswell most people here can speak english,but as in norway in a funny way.
Denmark aint a BASE mekka through,objects here is mostlikely A´s

Iknow a person from theese boards who live in Swiss i think who also work offshore. Swiss has some great walls.

UK is close to water and heli,im sure they have loads of offshore,they speak english are freindly(atleast after a few pints:P) but BASE world in UK might wont be what you considder a BASE mekka aswell,but has easy travel to ALL places through airports in or near London.
Personaly i like their objects,but if your a slider up guy you might find yourself visiting other places to get jumps in.

BASE mekka in europe has to be Belgium,they however speak somthing i dont understand but most of them can speak english aswell.

If i had to go i would take UK but thats just me,and im often wrong:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Cheers!- east france was my favorite option- base wise... i didnt realise that there were english speaking places in france. i knew the french could speak english quite well, but was under the impression that they chose not to.....guess i was wrong.

I know that there is at least one jumpable tower in Paris, but they don't only refuse to speak English - they are openly hostile to anyone who doesn't speak French. Paris is a wonderful place to visit except for 100% of the people who live there. I was not aware of such a stark contrast between Paris and East France. I thought the whole country was hateful toward visitors. I guess I was wrong too.
In theory, there is no difference bretween theory and practice. In practice, however, there is. -

"RIP Forever Brian Schubert. Always remembered, Never forgotten" - Leroy DB
http://www.johnny

if i could just jump all the time, and pay no rent. i'd live anywhere. i should just move to norway and live in the "grundleson" castle. i heard theres a castle over there that my ansestors used to be hardcore vikings in and stuff like that.

alright. now. off to do better things than this.

Dont die!

If you find that 100% of Parisians are openly hostile then i would suggest the problem lies with you.

ian

Cheers!- I come to the Uk every month, so base is an option for me there as well, so if i move to the continent i can have 'the best of both worlds';)....and the sunB|

Iknow a person from theese boards who live in Swiss i think who also work offshore. Swiss has some great walls.

Yeah, i think i know him too.

so if i move to the continent i can have 'the best of both worlds';)....and the sun B|

has to say that UK often has sh!t weather but hey they get loads of jumps in anyway:ph34r:

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

If you find that 100% of Parisians are openly hostile then i would suggest the problem lies with you.

ian

Very astute obversation Ian, but how then do you account for the 100% warm and friendly people of England? I'm the same in either country.

In all fairness you do run into the occasional Parisian who will condescend to speak English and smile, but not often.
In theory, there is no difference bretween theory and practice. In practice, however, there is. -

"RIP Forever Brian Schubert. Always remembered, Never forgotten" - Leroy DB
http://www.johnny

I know a person from theese boards who live in Swiss i think who also work offshore. Swiss has some great walls.

I know him too :P
and we also have a couple of B's suitable for you, and a S or 2...

I will be trying them places soon... Should be starting from the famous S
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

ian

Very astute obversation Ian, but how then do you account for the 100% warm and friendly people of England? I'm the same in either country.

In all fairness you do run into the occasional Parisian who will condescend to speak English and smile, but not often.

My experience has been that the Parisians are much more insular than most of the other French I've met. I know other French guys who have trouble getting along with the Parisians.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

You hear that a lot with any big city. A lot of Brits think Londoners are rude and aloof, and i've heard many American's describe New Yorkers in the same way.

That aside, i find that if you make even a slight effort to speak their language they respond in a much more positive way.

ian