Reiner1

4-Guyed A's

HI- ive only ever jumped '3-guyed' 120 degree antennas before and ive just recently found a 500ft 4-Guyed 'A', that i really want to jump. Ive climbed it once before to check it out ,however i was uncomfortable with the wind speed and direction in relation to the decreased angle between the wires and decided not to jump it. i just want to send out this post to gather any advice on jumping these type of A's.
Are there any more factors that i have to consider?- Or is everything the same as in regard to other A's? (obviously the angle is tighter). Its 900ft up a hill and the winds are quite high 25-30 mph, the landing area is adequate on all sides. Im living in an area where there are no other base jumpers to get advice from. Please post any useful info that might help.Cheers, Reiner.

Also, Is there any jumpers going to Swizerland in January/ february 06'?- im planning a trip and would like to meet up with other jumpers!

HI- ive only ever jumped '3-guyed' 180 degree antennas before...

Don't you mean 120 degrees? :P

We done a short 4-wire/4-corner Tower local around here. It is short though. We only PCA/static-lines it. we were always below the guy-wires on opening.
I don't know that I would FF a 4-wire Up High and deal with all the sets of Guy-wire below if I had a bad off heading. For max. safety maybe just stay below the 1st wire set. If you are concerned about wire strike. I don't know if that would be high enough you to FF or just static-line.
Unless you can take it down to set-up on opening low enough to free-fall past the upper sets and be below all the set of guy wires but that sounds a Little Sketchy to.

Ive only got 35 base jumps in total. Ive done a crane a few times. couple of smoke stacks a few S's and E's, an electricity pylon and also a few FM 'A's. Ive done some direct bag jumps and a few slider up jumps off of A's and E's, but most have been slider down. When i Started base early last year,(Ive just recently started jumping again since recovering from an accident)- i was living around a few fairly experienced and motivated people. However, i have since moved to southern ireland and am in an area where there are no other jumpers, so ive mostly been jumping on my own with ground crew. I learn as much as i can by phoning other jumpers and reading the forums.

Also, Is there any jumpers going to Switzerland in January/ february 06'?- im planning a trip and would like to meet up with other jumpers!

Send me a PM when you are around here. Might be able to help with this one...or at least hook you up with a couple people...;)
We will be there throughout the hollidays for some christmas and new years jumping. :)

Ps: Reiner, please remove the name of the valley in your initial post. Thanks

edit to remove name of valley from quoted portion ~TA :D

If you have some nice objects in your area, I am sure some UKers will be willing to pop over and say hello! ;)

Maybe you should also pop over here and say "hello" we have some things here you may like...

any visiting jumper has a bed in my home....

No worries!-Cheers,Ill have to get in touch. i work offshore and travel up to aberdeen every two weeks, so i might just have to make a detour- also, there are a few nice objects over here- and likewise.... any jumper is more than welcome at my place.

Im based in Midleton, about 15 mins away from Cork city.

Nice and southern then...

perhaps we should make some plans to get your monkey arse over here, or with promises of nice objects, nice winds, and great Guiness, get our monkey arses over there....

I feel sorry for you that you have no one to jump with, there are some welsh freaks that are close to you that also have to jump solo as they are also freaks away from the UK! :P
Cork to Wales is not that far, you can meet up with other dirty provincials, :P

B|

Anytime buddy!:)If you come over, i can guarantee the best guinness youll ever tase.-Winds........well y'know how it is. Let me know where in the UK your at and ill make a plan :)

Im comming home to Cork for xmass (without rig) PM me if you want to hook up for a brew. Sorry to hear you live in Middleton. Its a bit of a dive;)

hi all! talking about welsh freaks? often go up to see my family south wales (camarthen area).... anybody there or around ? cheers! david

edited for spelling

:PAw....its not that bad....hmm? maybe?
I'd love to meet up! ill send ya a PM with my details. Ill be back in Cork on tuesday...... sure you dont want to bring your rig?:)

hi all! talking about welsh freaks? often go up to see my family south wales (camarthen area).... anybody there or around ? cheers! david

edited for spelling

post on the UK board as there are some active jumpers in south wales, and several others make a visit often, some really cool objects down that way.....although the bars after jumping are fucking nasty for us Brits......... [:/]