clint

Moab, Your Favorite Jump?

What is your favorite jump in Moab and why?

-
Clint

Just about any of the sites at Mineral Bottom are a favorite. No climbing, very little hiking, beautiful view (although any exit point in Moab has a nice view from the top).

I think you can see why I'm still smiling.....:D
thanks, DEX & LEE
Chad still had a big smile on his face from Moab last night.
I could see it in Free-Fall as I was looking up........;)

So far, Mari's gash...
Opportunity to be lazy, no hiking.
Just high enough to possibly do something silly, a flippy, or a wee stowed delay.
Great view.

I'm sure you guys have cooler ones, I'm just not familiar with many of them :)

I think you can see why I'm still smiling.....:D

yeah, no kidding

C-tower is the BOMB!!!

especially if you climbed to get up it... :P

I'd love to do pile-of-dirt, but I'll need to get better jugging skills first.

thanks again to Jimmy, Marta, Wayne, Tom D, Gabe, Dude, Lee and everyone else who made my first Turkey Boogie a great one!

...and I C a future favorite jump I would like to do... ;)

I've only got a handful of Moab exit points under my belt (nothing too exotic like the C-Tower spire some people are talking about here) but I like each and every one I've jumped from. I'll always like Tombstone for it's easy access (and I've jump this one by far the most as I'm sure everyone else has), plus I've done Toom'ie solo a couple of times now as I passed through town. What can you say about Mary's Gash except that it's in Magical Mineral Bottom. Echo is super fun (if you don't mind the climb) and Igana Dome (sp?) is pretty darn cool as well.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The jumps I went on with you, Clint, during TB were all high value jumps. WS-looking over the river and landing on the pavement next to a wall, JL - A quick go&throw and then a minute and a half canopy ride trying to make it all the way back to my truck, and SS - Nice, high, overhung and a decent canopy ride. I really liked Toomie, especially being last one off in the dark, and ML is cool and easy, but I think my favorite so far would be WS:)

Indian Cave
No traffic, no spectators, fun technical climbing section, relatively short turnaround time, our dog Lua waits for us by the windsock(so she gets to enjoy the day also), severely overhung, sandy landing area, nice view, kinda low(280 to the landing area) so you get that groundrush as you exit.
What more could you ask for?
That is a rhetorical question.
JP

All the jumps in Moab are unique. I just have to say that my favorite is all of the ones I have been able to walk away from without injury.

And that wasn't the case for two of them!

I got lots of respect (translation, "FEAR") for Moab Jumping. There isn't any other place quite like it though, there are surely similar areas, many undiscovered.

Oh, the Turkey Gathering is definately a special time and if you have never been, you shoud find a way.

later,
t
==========================================

I didn't invent skydiving, but I jumped with the guys who did.

Those two jumps (C-tower and mudd pile) are now in my top three "coolest jumps ever" category. It's going to take an ultra cool jump to pass those ones up!

Looking around from the summit of those towers, I had to ask the question, "are we truly the lucky ones, or what?"

(BTW, thanks for helping us out lastnight Ray! I tell you what, anybody that will drag their ass out of the house when you show up on his doorstep at 11 PM and ask for directions to an antenna... He wasn't packed, but he drove with us over an hour to the site, helped us "access" the inside of the perimeter, and stood there watching the ground freeze (literally) while Katie and I climbed 900 feet to make a jump with temperatures in the 20's. There was a car a short walk away with a heater, stuff to eat and drink, and tunes... but he stayed there shivering his ass off until we were safely on the ground. Anybody that will do that for you, that is a friend. Thanks again Ray.)

Back when I used to jump[:/] my favorite was alway Control Tower. The jump itself is fun and and the hike is cake. Since you're kind of out on a point the heading options are a little better to, but the fact that you hike in from one place, jump into a valley then hike out and end up in a different location always appealed to me. It was like a mini journey or exploration. We jumped it a few years ago during T-day and there was snow down in the valley even though all of it had melted away up on top. Of course the exit point is littered with little triping hazards and if you F-up you're kida stranded back in that valley, but I always looked forward to hitting Control Tower during Moab trips.

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

Yup mineral bottom is my favorite place as well... B|
-------------------------------------------
"Scars remind you that the past is real..."

I love the jump from Four Horseman, the hike to Tombstone and the drive to Mineral Bottom.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof"

A sweet freefall from "Welshmens Walk" holds number one in Moab for me. Easy or no hike to exit. Killer ground rush. And a easy hike out. Plus, it's close to town so you can get to the "Brewery" faster.;)
"When it comes to BASE, I'll never give advice, only my opinion"

And a easy hike out.

So next time I jump it will you show me the easy trail out? I did more bushwhacking than I predicted would be necessary. :$

And a easy hike out.

So next time I jump it will you show me the easy trail out? I did more bushwhacking than I predicted would be necessary. :$

:D

I'll show you... will you take me on the C tower and Big Pile of Dirt?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

MUD pile !
Ya for-sure that is a pile of Mud. That think is SICK SOFT not rock @ all.
After the 4th pitch then the free-hanging Jug with all my gear on my back. I tied myself up to this ledge and took a Leak. before starting on the next Pitch.
( No BS ) dude. I could SMELL the FEAR in my Urine.....:o
Dex. thanks for the Lesson in Climbing. It was defiantly worth all the work.

Potash - delay
4 horseman - climb
Mineral B - canopy ride
Moab- one of the most beautiful places in the world

Mineral B - canopy ride

Give some serious thought to doing the tower jumps next time you have a chance.

Off the King Fisher my canopy flight was a minute and eight seconds.

Off C-tower, it was two minutes exactly.

You'll be extremely hard pressed to find a canopy flight cooler than King Fisher.

You'll be extremely hard pressed to find a canopy flight cooler than King Fisher.

AdM, in France, near the Swiss Border. I've never jumped the one you're talking about, but I'll take the AdM canopy flight up against any in the world.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com