base570

How many jumps did it take for you to accumulate 100 objects?

Looking for a song....
So..no title in particular but im looking for a good patriotic song

Oh say can you see?

Why is it that so many people think this is a US-centric forum?

In all honesty? Because it is. 9 out of every 10 posts I can just smell the red, white and blue (and I aint talking about holland or france)

This thread has 28 posts including this one.

Either 14 or 15 of those posts have been made by non-US folks (depends on if you count Vid666, a Russian living in the US, as an American or not).

So it's right around 50%.

Where are you getting your 9 out of 10 from?

edit because 2 people posted while I was typing--one American and one not-American, so the ratio is unaltered.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I think if you want to have a conversation about politics or national anthems, you should leave and go have your conversation in the Speakers Corner.

Your posts have completely left the topic of BASE jumping.

I was just answering a question DexterBase
Then I answered your question...
I didn't even bring it up :|

Tom...not just this topic obviously.
And whenever someone says 9/10 thay just mean "often".

Nevermind. I should have known someone was gonna get sensitive about it. I take back everything I said.

I'm not getting sensitive, it's just that this was an intersting thread until politics got involved.

I really do think that way too many people assume that everyone they are talking to is American. 980 is a good example, as is Sangiro.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Hehe. Not really politics...just nationality.
Anyway...I didn't bring it up so why don't we all leave it at that and get back on topic.

I really do think that way too many people assume that everyone they are talking to is American. 980 is a good example, as is Sangiro

Yes. We do.

Note: Yes RL, I am knocking them!

dude are you talkig to me / dont get it ???

Hehe. Not really politics...just nationality.
Anyway...I didn't bring it up so why don't we all leave it at that and get back on topic.

I really do think that way too many people assume that everyone they are talking to is American. 980 is a good example, as is Sangiro

Yes. We do.

dude - you are fast becoming the next leroydb... :S

try to stop that, please, one is WAY more than enough

velen danke

Ray Mate,he ref to Ronda L:P but hey i might show him a pic of you and he might fall in love whith you aswell:ph34r:

I should have known someone was gonna get sensitive about it

Lesson #1:P:ph34r:

I didn't bring it up so why don't we all leave it at that and get back on topic.

Tom might split the tread or somthing? as it IS a good treadB|

At least ill do my best to bring us back.

often laugh when people ague about which part of the world that is more badass than others.
Why?
Simply cecourse we have different kind of cultures and diffrent kind of objects.
People in the states might dont jump as low stuff as there is beeing jumped in Europe(exept special cases,Spence i havnt for got our deal;)),but in Europe we dont have the oppertunety to do as many flippys as US

Then we have Asia,Russia and Autralia,all humble places were they dont speak alot about what they do.

Gennerally there are Badass people all over the world,so i cant see one group as more badass

I think as Tom A Says that people opening objects trying out different stuff(also slider up and down,SL ,PCA and other non BASErelated fun)are the most badass people in the world.

#100 dosnt mean alot to thouse,having fun out there is all that counts.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

The English gentry rate their objects difficult and challenging and themselves as "hard"??????

Perhaps they should travel to distant shores and see how their convict peasants down under compare.

The challenge is on old chaps.

You're all welcome anytime.

when youre 215 feet up landing in a tennis court at 3am

Is that how big you guys make your student landing areas??? :D So what is the landing area size for experienced jumpers? We tend to use postage stamps. ;) Unless we have an off day, then it's and A4 notebook. :$ But it has to be covered in big sharp rocks too.

Jump Numbers Versus Object Numbers

Its all good people's. As long as you are jumping, nothing is bad.

Every extra jump builds your skill and experience level.

Jumping the same object many times allows a person to improve and perfect a particular subset of skills. For example, a person who only jumps at the Perrine is more likely to develop better aerobatic competency than a person jumping 100 buildings around the world. You can also experiment more on jump sites you are familiar with. This allows the opportunity to develop a greater/broader subset of skills.

A person who jumps a wide variety of objects develops a different set of skills altogether. Some include:
- abilty to analyse, interpret, and plan a jump. This incorporates a range of skills including potential problem and risk analysis, gear configuration and execution as well as the logic behind each scenario, survival skills in terms of having to think of a greater range of risks and methods to resolve them, etc.
- gear configuration
- varyring deployment techniques, exit positions, freefall positions, etc.
- accuracy skills
-

I think that each person should focus on what the aims/ambitions/goals are in BASE jumping. Once you've done this, you will be able to work out whether lots of jumps off a few sites or a few jumps off many sites is important to you. Each to their own...

Overall, a person with a wider variety of objects, a higher number of jumps, and a broader range of types of experiences and skills would be considered of higher experience.

An experienced person is one who has consistantly shown that they are able to successfully complete a maneouvre or task on multiple occasions. They are considered even more experienced in a broader sense, if the range of skills are many and varied.

All the best.

Love your work.

See you on the edge.

Preferable not half way down.

xoxoxoxo
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

Note: Yes RL, I am knocking them!

dude are you talkig to me / dont get it ???

He's talking to me, Ray, not to you. And he's sleeping right now (it's the middle of the night where he is, or at least it was when you posted), so he can't hear you.

It's all good.

rl

P.S. Remember: You're "Ray," I'm "rl," even when someone USES ALL CAPS for my name. :P
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

dude - you are fast becoming the next leroydb...

try to stop that, please, one is WAY more than enough

velen danke

What? How can anything be wrong with that reply of mine?
Anyway...I'l stop being the next leroydb :|

Hey Tom...laughed my arse off....Fast Al was here as im susre you have been...he said he thought the UK to be pretty hardcore thats good enough for me...ive even seen some belgians here who werent too sure...anyway...i guess we are all hard as nails...thats what the sports about right?

im off to eat some broken glass:ph34r:
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

Tom B has been here. There's a shot of Si doing a go 'n' throw off the lower level of our popular pylon on beyond extreme. In broad daylight no less. These old timers have no respect........;);)

You 2 can respectfully stop saying my name...

unless you want to spank me big boys...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

im off to eat some broken glass

What, you can't chew it yourself????? You need someone to mash/break it up for you first???? :D:ph34r:;)

Seriously though, I have been there - early 1999 for jumping. There are some very interesting sites. You know all the popular ones of course. ;) It would be rude of me to mention them here. I also did a bunch that are not regulars. And some plain dumb ones too. There were corroded ladders up chimneys, howling winds in narrow gorges, generous publicans in London Central, antennas to the east, bridges to the west, cliffs to the west and south, suicide signs at exit points, the list goes on.

I had a fun time with some of the locals one day. I was waiting at a very popular site to the east of the city. Saw two people coming with stash bags. So I pretended to be a security guard / land owner for a little while. The reaction I got when they finally found out I was one of them and a convict. . . priceless. :D We did some nice jumps in inter winds. I think their names were Pierre and Simon (sorry - I have an ever diminishing memory).

The great thing about London - a vibrant metropolis only a few hours flying away from the wonders of Europe.

p.s. to Sabre210 - it was inconspicuous, something like 5 to 6am on a Sunday morning, no one around (except us jumpers). At a time when the jumping population was minimal. The weather was crap (it is London of course ;)), and everyone was still asleep indoors.

p.s.s. old timers??? :o Watch it buddy. Although I am getting softer in my "old age".
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

Ahhh is see, RL is you...Me so-Dumb !
He must be looking some Intelligent conversation then.
Or Possibly Needs a little - Girl Talk - maybe new fashion colors or Shoes......;)

Indeed it was Si and Pierre. Simon still jumps from time to time although he recently broke his ankle off that very same site, he took me under his wing for a while when i first got back off my FJC. Pierre on the other hand quit BASE altogether. One too many strikes me thinks.

I'm just ribbing you about the day blazing.

Tom, you've got me baffled though about "generous publicans in central London". I'm very intrigued. That sounds like something right up my street....figuratively and literally. PM perhaps???

ian

p.s. stop kidding yourself. You're WAY old.

Does anyone here have deca-BASE? The only person who had it years ago as far as I know was Phil Smith, BASE 1. Deca-BASE by definition means, at least 10 different Buildings, 10 different Antennas or Aerials, 10 different Spans, and 10 different Earth sites.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Hello,
Yes.
B's - 21
A's - 21
S's - 26
E's - 35
O's - 15
118 objects total with 573 BASE jumps.
Avery
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Hello,
Yes.
B's - 21
A's - 21
S's - 26
E's - 35
O's - 15
118 objects total with 573 BASE jumps.
Avery

a 20.59% object to jump coversion with those statisics proves that the 1 in 3 I stated as experienced really does prove that "iam a cunt" ;)

I always think a 1 in 3 is a good ratio "generally", but obviously results are skewed with greater jump numbers and differing reasons for jumping... and some of you seem to misinterperate the way I post.... (even rl understood my wierd ways and obtuse posting methods! - thats not you Ray)

sorry to rub some of you up the wrong way... seems more of you got more offended by my post about jump v objects then the killing a kitten...

[:/]