neneskydive

191ft static line jump

I am plannning to jump an A, 191 ft, but there is a fence 30 ft from the A´s base....

Do you guys know, jumping this A with my rock dragon 303 vented, static line, with no winds, will I clear this fence?

Thanks.
Andre - back to Brazil ! :)

Do you guys know, jumping this A with my rock dragon 303 vented, static line, with no winds, will I clear this fence?

I can't say for sure with a Rock Dragon, but I would guess so. With a Blackjack or Troll MDV, I'd have no concerns about clearing the fence.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

well lets say it takes 95 feet for the canopy to fully open and start flying (i believe it may be a lot less especially with vents perhaps 60'-70') then you still have 90 ft of height in which to travel the < 30 feet to the fence. in 0 wind you can get a much better glide ratio.

so it shouldn't be a problem. however if you have an off heading or it takes longer to get flying it could be close...

you don't have much time to evaluate what's going on and pick an alternate if you need to. how do you feel about being impailed on the fence?? ;-)

The problem is: the best landing area (grass) is after the fence..... or I can try the other right side ( the A is free stander) and try to clear 38ft of cofee trees (6ft hight too)...... but I can land on the coffe trees, no problem.

the fence wire is sharp..... pretty sharp :o

Andre.

Cya
Andre.

hey dude
the A sounds similar to the one i jump,anyway i have a fence(6-7ft high) arround 30ft away from the A exit point at 180ft and i freefall that,and clear it easy..
If you want pics/video from this then pm or mail me:)
but as a answer of your Q,yes you will clear the fence,by a gooood distanceB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

By my calculations, provided you launch at 9 ft/s or more (10 km/h, or 6 mph) horizontally -- a pretty conservative push probably very appropriate to static line -- you'll land outisde of the fence even if you get nothing out. Which is sweet, 'cause nobody likes a litterbug.

:P

I think you'll be fine so long as you wear the helmet and knee pads you "borrowed" from me over a year ago!

..." you'll be fine so long as you wear the helmet and knee pads you "borrowed" from me over a year ago! "
--------------------

Dude that's Sweet the way you just Sliiiiiiipped that into conversation without skipping a beat.
.nice move.

I think you'll be fine so long as you wear the helmet and knee pads you "borrowed" from me over a year ago!

Sorry dude...... My first time in US was this year, when I did my base course, on May 3rd...... and I lived in MOab the last 6 months.......

For sure I never "borrowed" your stuff.......

Andre-

Cya
Andre.

many has asked me for video of my jumps off 180ft so im uploading(at this point) to skydivingmovies.com

André as i said in the mail feel free to ask more,but as said above you´ll nearly clear it just by your exit

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Hey Andre...

I've SL'd a cliff here in SoCal that is 170'. I got about 8-10 seconds of canopy time (I'm jumping a Flik293, vTec at 225lbs exit weight). I would say I got about 50-60ft horizontal seperation when my feet touched the ground. I could review the video and give you more precise times and distances, but you also have an extra 20 ft of starting altitude.

So at 50-60 feet seperation you should still have 20 feet vertical. Your wingloading is probably similar to mine.

...SL'd a cliff...170'...Flik293...

In my experience, the Rock Dragon (Andre's canopy) has a much steeper glide (i.e. less forward travel per altitude loss) than your Flik.

I wouldn't rely on other people's experiences with dissimilar canopies when trying to estimate the glide ratio of your canopy in a "must have" situation.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Very good point, I feel the Flik has a lot of forward/horizontal speed compared to other canopies I've tried, but I haven't tried very many.

I've also jumped that cliff with a Fox 285 with similar results. However, I never really thought to compare the two in time and distance. Something for me to review...

------------------------------------------------------------Sorry dude...... My first time in US was this year, when I did my base course, on May 3rd...... and I lived in MOab the last 6 months.......

For sure I never "borrowed" your stuff.......

okay, apologies for my confusion and the needless banter

ya dude and while your at it. You can Pay-Back that 100-$ spot I leant you also.............;)