Anvilbrother

What kind of packing clamps do you use?

Post a picture of the type of clamps you use to pack, if you use any at all. I am looking to get some, but dont know if I need metal, plastic. Ones that are long, or short but with a big bite. Ones that have flat smooth plastic, or plastic teeth if any at all. Post your clamps, and where you got them..:)

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

cant find my camera..

however, I use 4 metal clamps (about 6 in long)made by craftsman. part number 65943. In addition to that I use 5 smaller clamps (about 3 inches) made by Pony part number 3201. Home depot. oh yeah they are all made with metal with rubbers on all 4 ends..

The 2" Pony Spring clamp (picture and description here) is so ubiquitous as to be almost standard. 95% of the people I see packing with clamps use clamps of this style.

In fact, this exact clamp (in orange, made by Pony) is probably what I see 80% of the time.

Home Depot stocks their house brand of this tool right next to the name brand, for about 1/3rd the price.

You may want to pull the rubber tips off and put a dab of epoxy inside them to keep them from coming off inside your pack job (which seems to happen quite a bit), not so much because they're a problem as because the unprotected metal end of the clamps can be harsh on the canopy fabric.

Hope that helps.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

The 2" Pony Spring clamp (picture and description here) is so ubiquitous as to be almost standard. 95% of the people I see packing with clamps use clamps fo this style.

Tom! I love these clamps. I use 12 of them. People may laugh but I can pack in gale force winds. ;)

I use six small clamps, six large clamps, a pull-up cord, a tent stake, a weight, and a small rubberband cut in half.;)

A beer is useful, but not absolutely critical.

None. They are not needed. But as a wise Russian once told me, a false sense of security is better than none. :P

I use 4 large and 5 small Craftsman clamps, a pull-up cord and either a Triax T-Stake or 20lb dumbbell, depending on the surface on which I'm packing.

Tree is right - they're not necessary, but if it eleminates gear fear (which it does for me), then use them. I will say that my no-clamp pack jobs are very ugly and have only been tested at Bridge Day.

Later,
BASE864

I use the ones that you get at Home Depot that probably everyone uses. I noticed one thing though if you get them from HD. They sometimes have them in Green. Don't get the green ones only the Orange one. The green ones tend to stick to the canopy a bit when you remove them.

Hey, that quote was invented by my old friend John Owens at the top of a 300 foot cliff about 20 years ago.

I flat pro pack without the use of clamps. They are a burden. I chose not to pack in gale force winds.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

I use fingers, toes, knees, elbows, heels and my head. Clamps are useless.
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Hey, that quote was invented by my old friend John Owens at the top of a 300 foot cliff about 20 years ago.

The same John Owens that mentored me, by telling me that i was going to end up as a small article in the back of the paper one day B| I've also heard the quote that you mentioned above.

No tools of any kind for me, as i learned from the CR video manual. all natural baby yeah!;)

May we live long and die out

You mean the T-Stake that gives you a blessed pack job?!!!!! :D:D I love that video.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

I use hands & other body parts.

I think God (or your parents) stocks them. Most of us are given a set at birth. Its almost like our creator was thinking of packing when he/she came up with the hands idea!!!!!;)

They are ALWAYS available (unless you cut them off and leave them at home).

They are next to impossible to leave in your pack job.

You don't have to worry about tearing the fabric/lines of your gear from sharp edges.

They are multifaceted. Once you finish your pack job, you can use them to open/deploy it. And then you can even control your canopy with them. B|

The act as beer holders and you can squeeze your partners bottom with them. :)
You can communicate with them. i.e. Peace, Up Yours Buddy, OK, etc.

Less luggage when travelling.

Less lumpy bits in your gear bag.

Less stress when you have to pack. "Oh NO - no clamps. How am I going to pack my canopy now???" ;)
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

No clamps here. Just two pull up cords.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof"

Pack on, Yuri... ;)
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

i need to order a box of those (triax t stake)... was showing mine off at the army black and gold invitational and a bunch of people were ooohing and ahhhhhhhhhing over it...

so triax... how can i be a distributor?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

i need to order a box of those (triax t stake)... was showing mine off at the army black and gold invitational and a bunch of people were ooohing and ahhhhhhhhhing over it...

so triax... how can i be a distributor?

Thanks so much for supporting us and promoting our products.

We are very close to having our new website up and running and you will know about it when it happens.

In terms of distribution Triax has agreed to be the only wholesaler of the Triax T-Stake for the first run of them. When we do further branch out there will be a need for distributors. We will keep you up to date.

Kenyon
www.triaxproductions.com

The next thug who tries to rob me when I'm downtown at three in the morning is in for a surprise . . .

NickD T
BASE 194