Skin

your favorite quotes from the John A$$hole 911 call

The longer segment is on the 2003 ABA Compilation, the one with "No Morals, No Ethics..." printed on the cover.

Where can I get a copy of that?

Ha, I like when she tells him not to look down, then one second later asks "so, are you still 2-300 feet up?" :D

I must say that was classic...tells him to relax, not to look down, and then instantly reminds him of his perilous predicament.:S
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

Okay, I must admit, that 911 call is Nugget City . . .

When Don Swayze called for help after ripping his foot off, he said he crawled as far away from the object as he could so as not to burn it, but after 100 yards he was bleeding out, and had to make the call. He said it was like calling artillery down on his own position.

John should have said he ground launched, found some lift, and hit this stupid tower in the middle of nowhere!

NickD :)BASE 194

After reading almost all of your post I have come to this. You are cool as shitB|B| (Beer to you man!)

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anybody else hear the Outlook Express You've Got Mail sound effect at 7 minutes 25 seconds? I wonder what email she received? :D

Anybody else hear the Outlook Express You've Got Mail sound effect at 7 minutes 25 seconds? I wonder what email she received? :D

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!! I thought that was my computer when I listened to that. I couldn't figure out why I heard that sound but didn't see any new mail! :D :D :D

The longer segment is on the 2003 ABA Compilation, the one with "No Morals, No Ethics..." printed on the cover.

Where can I get a copy of that?

I'd guess you can get them from the Australian BASE Association. But Liv sent me an extra NTSC VHS copy with a note saying "do what you want with it." I'll give it to you, if you like.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Tom, is it posible (and leagal) to upload only this part of the movie to skydivingmovies?
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

But Liv sent me an extra NTSC VHS copy with a note saying "do what you want with it." I'll give it to you, if you like.

Didn't we figure out that was actually PAL?

I tryied to order the tape once but I never got a reply on my email.
I don't know if they have some organizational problems...
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Is it just me or shouldn't you know the exact location of the object you are jumping?

I know the exact address of the service road for a tower I jump. And my dad has it when he phone ground crews for me.

It pretty pathetic listening to John try to explain where he is. “Eastbound on the western side of the oak nut crack whore lane exit”!!! :D

Yea it sux to have that happen and I don't wish that on anyone but don't do the f**kin interviews and s**t. That’s what pissed me off when I heard, not that fact that he had a jump go wrong. Dude that is so f***ed up!!!!!!

Anyone know what the conditions were? Did he pull a team Burton “we are sponsored attitude” and just it bad conditions?

Coco

P.S to Skin - - - - - NICE!!!

Oh jeez. John...If you weren't such a lame ass puss bag I'd hate you...but you're just a total fag with no respect for your peers and even less for yourself...Next time....use your hook knife you sissy.

>>Next time....use your hook knife you sissy.<<

That's a Nugget . . .

There might have been a third way too. I don't know what gear he was jumping, but two (three if he was really freaking) lines would have held him in place. If he could have retrieved the remaining lines (assuming he could reach them) and tied them together, maybe even finger trapped them (is John a Rigger?) how long would that be? It might have been close enough for the best PLF of his career.

Okay, I just re-read that and I won't hold not doing so against him. Too bad, it would have been self-rescue of the year. We'd all be getting our jumps tatted too . . .

I always carry a carbineer for just that reason, but in reality actually lowering yourself is a long shot last ditch thing. But, I've always thought a carbineer is good to have in case you get hung up on something like a tower or building. You could secure your position using it and some line. Then you could do less worrying and come up with a plan C.

NickD :)BASE 194

What about climbing up the lines, and then sliding down the guide wire? I couldn't do it, but there has to be some bastard that climb lines. I can only do a few pullups[:/]

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

And risk pulling the tower down?:D
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

What about climbing up the lines, and then sliding down the guide wire? I couldn't do it, but there has to be some bastard that climb lines. I can only do a few pullups[:/]

I personally saw a guy slide down guy wire on a tower that was around 100ft tall. We were installing wireless internet relays and I was on the ground, he was on the tower and had just got the relay secured when several bee's started swarming around him. He is VERY allerigic to bees and if several stung him and he wasn't at the hospital very fast he could easily die. He ripped off his belt and slid down the guy wire and ended up with 1 bee sting and a very badly sprained ankle. Mind you the guy wire was not all that steep and he was a fairly small guy and the belt still snapped when his feet were at least 5 feet off the ground. I would not recommend trying it with nylon. :P

Greenie in training.

This is small and petty, but it drives me crazy.

Throughout the tape, I kept hearing "guide wire." They are not "guide wires," they are "guy wires."

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

well the guy is an idiot. its not that big a mistake compared to the rest of his errors. but in the end, still an idiot.

Anyone know what the conditions were?

They were apparently fairly good. I think he just took a short delay (so he was close in), had an off heading, and didn't get onto it fast enough.

It's discussed a little more in one of the half dozen John Agnos threads in this forum.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

They are guy wires, and if a tower has them it is refered to as being "guyed" :P

I suspect while he is in prison, John will be "guyed" many times. Who knows...perhaps he'll elect to stay incarcerated as a result.

With a beard like that, Bubba should have no problem maintaining optimum cadence during "mommies and daddies".

I hope you choke on it. "John Agnos" is an anagram of "Jiz Bucket".

Ok...not quite. But hey...it's all good.
$kin
There's only one Tom Aiello...

They are guy wires, and if a tower has them it is refered to as being "guyed" :P

Cleverly done, smartass. ;)

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb