velvet

Javelin, Mirage, or Wings?

I am new to the sport and going to be buying my first rig here soon. I personally love the Wings. I have never heard anything bad about them except maybe that they are hard to pack a reserve? If the quality is good and they stand behind their product a little inconvience for the packing a reserve is a mute point. The Mirage is a sweet system. I have considered getting one, but I cant afford one. [:/] Plus people seem, to view them as the pretty rig???? They seem great to me, but I aint no pretty boy.;):P I dont think there are persay any "bad" rigs out there today, but there are obviously higher quality rigs. I have seen them all and the Wings seems pretty top notch to me.

Plus the color scheme I have designed rules!...lol

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

I have never heard anything bad about them except maybe that they are hard to pack a reserve?

I hope I'm not going to get flamed for saying this, because I am not trying to argue a seperate hot issue here...
But, it Just seems to me the More experienced the rigger, the easier the Wings Reserve is to Pack.... Just an observation...
=========Shaun ==========

After spent quite a bit of time talking to both the manufacturers and jumpers that own the actual containers, I chose to go with Mirage. Believe it or not one of my key reasons for going with Mirage was how I was treated when I called them directly. Not only were they willing to spend a considerable amount of time with me, they never put down any of the other manufacturers. Instead, they did direct comparison of components. At the end of the conversation, they reminded me that which ever product I chose, was a great product. (Even the competition!)
So far, Mirage has kept me informed (via email) on the progress of my new rig.
For me, the extra dollars spent on the Mirage were well worth the price for the customer service that I have received.

But, it Just seems to me the More experienced the rigger, the easier the Wings Reserve is to Pack.... Just an observation

I'd say that applies to any container, and I'd modify that statement to "the more experienced the rigger is on a particular container brand the easier they are for them to pack".

This is why I will often recommend that jumpers talk to their rigger before deciding which container to buy, especially if there is only one rigger in their area. A good rigger will make an effort to learn the right (easy) way to pack any rig that comes to them... but some riggers aren't willing to make that effort.

A good rigger will make an effort to learn the right (easy) way to pack any rig that comes to them... but some riggers aren't willing to make that effort.

If A rigger is not willing to go out of his way to improve his knowledge or technique, little alarm bells go off in my head.... I will take my rig elsewhere!!! :S
Skydiving is a dynamic sport that is changing all the time! Why would somebody refuse the opportunity to learn something, especially when it might save a person's life!
=========Shaun ==========

A good rigger will make an effort to learn the right (easy) way to pack any rig that comes to them... but some riggers aren't willing to make that effort.

If A rigger is not willing to go out of his way to improve his knowledge or technique, little alarm bells go off in my head.... I will take my rig elsewhere!!! :S
Skydiving is a dynamic sport that is changing all the time! Why would somebody refuse the opportunity to learn something, especially when it might save a person's life!

Packing one specific type of rig every once in a while does not make you proficient at it. Why would you pack a rig that you are not comfortable with and will not pack again for a while, thereby risking making a poor job? Actually the opposite of saving someone's life.
Learning new stuff and improving your technique does not mean you can't say no to something your uncomfortable with.

//r