NickDG

John Agnos Discussion

I have kept my mouth shut for awhile about this, but back up off John. I don't know the guy, but I do know that we are not all perfect.

"He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone. "

back up off the guy.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Hey John,

kudos for commenting in this thread. I'm not going to comment on your jumping skills. I suck at BASE myself, fortunately I have a huge luck bucket.

As far as your 911 call goes, different people react in their own way in different scenarios. All the macho talk in the world won't prepare you until you face an emergency situation for the first time. While there are many people around that have faced grave danger and painful injuries as tough motherfuckers, I'm not one of them. All I did when faced with a long pilotchute hesitation was brace for impact and scream: "Oh shit!"

I'm not ready to jump with you quite yet (if only because I'd get the collective BASE community to beat the crap out of me), but I'd drink a beer with you any day. If only to hear your side of the story...

Take care and happy birthday!

Jaap

Tom Aiello, you started this discussion...

???

I most definitely did not start this discussion. Can you tell me how you formed your opinion that I had done so?

This particular thread was split off a thread I started more than two years ago, which had absolutely nothing to do with you, or this accident.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Tom Aiello, you started this discussion...I don't think you should be trying to smear me...

John, I've sent you a private message.

I've also just reviewed every post I've made on this topic. I am clearly missing something, because I'm not seeing where I was "trying to smear" you. Can you please point out the specific post(s) you are referring to?

Thanks!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I don't know the guy....

You realize that Pete S., to whom you replied, is a longtime BASE jumper and rigger with a shop that's virtually walking distance from that tower, and that he _does_ know the guy, and in fact was on the load for the guy's first jump, right?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

the post wasnt directed at pete. All I am saying is that there has to be a point to all of this. What is the end state? is it John to never base again? If so, he already said he wouldnt base again, so it is a dead issue. So at this point it would seem that the point would be for everyone else to vent on his behalf/actions?

what is the point of this thread? what are we really discussing?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Well said.
I think everyone has really personally attacked the man. This doesnt mean I support him in what he done, but I think sleeping dogs should lie.

Ask yourself the question.........If it happend to you would you of learnt from this mistake, would you of reacted the same way on the phone to 911, would you of realised what a dumbass you made of yourself by talkig to the tv station?

I hope that we all would. I learn from my mistakes, not first time but definatly the 2nd.

At the the end of the day its about respecting another human beings feelings.................
Treat people the same way as you'd expect to be treated yourself.

www.myspace.com/durtymac

>>Way to go my friend, I've been trying to bite my tounge lately, but that was a great post. It's nice to hear all those discussions we've had come out in a statement.
:)

If so, he already said he wouldnt base again, so it is a dead issue

He will BASE jump again. That's pretty certain.

I don't care what anyone says.............the guy is still a fucking idiot!! Just because he posts an apology on the internet, does not excuse him from what he did (or has done on previous jumps). If he were standing in front of me right now I would say everything that I'm saying on here to his face. Yes, it does take balls to admit on a public forum that your a jackass and a whining cry baby, but to do it behind a computer screen is WEAK! Why not say exactly what he said in his post, for the interview on TV?
Come on.......three major incidences in less than a year. The guy is a walking (or jumping) disaster waiting to happen. Obviously he has very little logical thought process going on in that wasted head of his. Meeting and talking with him, I could tell right off the bat, he was someone I did not want to assoiate myself with. In fact, he called me shortly after we met to jump this very site and I never returned his call. Gee I wonder why?? Would any of you feel comfortable jumping with him now that you know what kind of a person he is?

My point is, people need to stop feeling sorry for him just because he posted his "true after thoughts". The fact of the matter is he has burned this site (and possibly many others near by) to the ground and he will probably do it again (as DexterBase has said). I just hope it's not in any of your local areas.

John, quit while you're ahead JACKASS and leave the mess for the rest of us to clean up!!

John, quit while you're ahead JACKASS and leave the mess for the rest of us to clean up!!

This is a personal attack. Please review the Forum Rules.

I've banned you from this forum for 14 days.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

This is a personal attack. Please review the Forum Rules.

I've banned you from this forum for 14 days.

~Bummer dude, you missed this post :
~Insults are only personal attacks if the subject is a poster. If JA signs up to the forums it'd all have to stop... till then anyone can call him a tard.
C-ya in 2 weeks:P
;)~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

i think he did. but it could be an idiot troll. but i dont know and i am cetainly not attacking anyone.

(jaime sucks!!!:P) oops.

All the macho talk in the world won't prepare you until you face an emergency situation for the first time

Jaap while I respect and think highly of you I have to disagree with your statement at least in part.

It's not about the "macho" by any means, it's the attitude. Dude, I've screamed like a baby when I broke myself in half!

John buddy, it's not really the jump itself or what you have done in the past. Your phone call and the TV interview really told me a lot about your character even if I have never met you. I already said you come across as not a very smart individual but not malicious, maybe I am wrong about that. However, I for one would never be on the same load with you. If I decide to jump with someone I have to trust the person to keep his/her cool under ANY circumstance, and that's what separates the men from the boys.

The way I see it, going on a BASE jump is like going in the tranches, you really have to trust your buddies especially when the shit hits the fan. As you already know, in BASE the shit hits the fan so hard it splashes miles away. I already said that I would not trust you with a potato gun in your hands and I mean it.

About all those skydiving accomplishments of yours, good for you, really, but the contest here is BASE not skydiving; do you see the difference?

I do not judge you, I am in no position to judge anyone but I do judge your actions/reactions.
Memento Audere Semper

I have kept my mouth shut for awhile about this, but back up off John. I don't know the guy, but I do know that we are not all perfect.

"If there be one amongtst you without sin, let them cast the first stone. "

'And lo, from the back of the multitude came a stone, smiting the woman mightliy.'

'And Jesus spake, "Aw, mom...."

At least that's the version I heard.

Blue skies,

Winsor

man, where have you been hiding? long time no see.
Leroy

"He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone. "

back up off the guy.

Amen!

Huh?!? What cloud?!? Oh that!!! That's just Industrial Haze
Alex M.

I'll say this once here, and I'll be brief.

When you see the "tribute to Jon Agnos" in my video which will be ready to ship hopefully earlier but no later than Dec. 5, just know that it's meant in fun. I have no hard fealings toward Jon. I like the "guy." If it were me, or any one of us, which it easily could have been, I would have made the same segment. It's funny.

Jon, I got your phone mesage, and let me say here; Your post was well said and enough. I'll jump with you on your hundredth, just like we talked about.

Those who post here represent a small fraction of our sport and even if they represented 99.99% of it I'd still make a jump with you on your 100th jump.

That was pretty funny dude. Way funnier than getting hurt. And guess what, when I was talking to the sherrifs while they were getting you down, they said that they DID NOT CARE that we jump it. Which means they have known for a long time that we are jumping it but have chosen not to do anything about it...big shock. You did not burn the sight. They have known that we have been jumping it ever since Carl Boenish and his crew made broad daylight jumps off it "back in the day."

Like you said, we might try to find a different place to park for a while...

I'll stop now cuz I promised to be brief.

But let me say one more thing specificaly to those who are reading this and are not base jumpers and are therefore probably not posting here...not all base jumpers are...(you fill in the blank).

By the way, I have 65 jumps off this particular object. Can any of those who have posted here match that? just curious

And there ’s a lust in man no charm can tame
Of loudly publishing our neighbour’s shame;
On eagles’ wings immortal scandals fly,
While virtuous actions are but born and die.
-Stephen Harvey

But let me say one more thing specifically to those who are reading this and are not base jumpers and are therefore probably not posting here...not all base jumpers are...(you fill in the blank).

No they are not.

I have a few fixed object jumps years ago but don't consider myself a BSAE jumper...I read this forum with interest and admiration, because it reminds me of the way skydiving USE to be.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~