base704

Will a kitten survive a free-fall-assist from 320' with a 46" p/c?

Well?

What say the masses?

If the demand is high enough, video of the attempts will be made available to the public for a reasonable fee...:)
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

Truthfully, I'm a little torn on this one. I'm a big cat person but deep down inside I'd love to see this and would probably laugh my ass off watching it. So I propose instead of a cat, we use a dog! :P

A little chihuahua would be good with a 46" PC I think. ;)

no doubt it will be fine.
how's the landing area?
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

If anyone wants to send me a 46' pc i'd be happy to send my persian off a local 90 ft E. May do a couple off another local 30 ft S before we try the E... Just got to make sure mom doesnt know what the cats doing. fucking crazy cat and his base jumping addiction... Should I get it to leave a letter in case it goes in? Also if it goes in do I remove the rig and just leave the body at the scene or call the cops and ride it out?

he's so fluffy he prolly doesnt even need rig. Jeb eat your heart out:P
"In one way or the other, I'm a bad brother. Word to the motherf**ker." Eazy-E

A little chihuahua would be good with a 46" PC I think. ;)

I can say for certain that the little chihuaha did well when duct taped to the chest strap of a jumper performing aerials.

And the dog thing is so 90's. It's all about live cats now--that's about the only thing left, isn't it?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Ahh that reminds me of a story an old Army buddy told me one time.

He and some guys made a harness out of 550 cord, got some parachutes from some illumination flares and would launch hamsters from the roof of their barracks (3rd floor) with a 3 man slingshot. He said one of the little guys had 21 jumps and unfortunately there were some casualties as well as deserters.

All was going well till the pet store owner called their commander wondering why his soldiers were buying all these hamsters. When their CO approached them they were fresh out of hamsters so they had to introduce someones iguana to the wonderful world of BASE.

Gabe

toss Fluffy out!

using a descent rate calculator for a 46" http://www.aeroconsystems.com/tips/descent_rate.htm, and assuming it's a 0.5 lb kitten, the cat will impact at 5 mph, which is far too safe for BASE.

u could get a kitty cypres so that Fluffy can at least enjoy some true freefall or go down to a sporty 20" square so that Fluffy can perform a catswoop.

the ground IS the limit

Here we go. If the cat chickens out, Luis will jump it.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Maybe you should try it first to make sure it's safe for the cat. >:(

Well?

What say the masses?

If the demand is high enough, video of the attempts will be made available to the public for a reasonable fee...:)

Depending on its size it would be a student cat or high performance cat at between 1 to 2 lb/sq.ft.

BTW Animal cruelty in California is a B class misdemeanor, just like the famous jump in a famous valley. Includes cat and chute confiscation;)

Maybe you should try it first to make sure it's safe for the cat.

Maybe you should go hug a tree...
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

Maybe you should try it first to make sure it's safe for the cat.

Maybe you should go hug a tree...

maybe anyone that thinks that this thread is funny should reassess themselves...

this is not amusing at all…

and I am disgusted that certain posts get deleted and this sort of thing is acceptable, what a great advert for BASE having this sort of thing acceptable on the forums…

this sort of thread makes BASE jumpers look like complete cunts, what a great way of having the media be able to see what we are about!

Nice one Tom!

I'm going to agree with BASE813 on this one.

While, as a casual meat consumer, I am not going to comment on the ethical dillema presented in this post, I am going to point out that the nature of the dillema has absolutely nothing to do with BASE jumping, and is best discussed in other fora.

I got's the perfect one next door to me that wont shut up :P
Is it Bridge Day Yet ? :-)

While, as a casual meat consumer, I am not going to comment on the ethical dillema presented in this post, I am going to point out that the nature of the dillema has absolutely nothing to do with BASE jumping, and is best discussed in other fora.

this thread is fucking disgusting...

Yes! The few should be in control of the many! [:/]

Sorry 813, that is who "WE" (or a portion of the "WE") obviously are at this point in time. YOU may be completely different, but you or a small group alone doesn't represent the BASE community whether it benefits our marketability or not. Fuck the media and their game.

"It is what it is."

Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

I really don’t give a toss about the media - but the hypcrocity is laughable.

If you are really worried that the media read this site about certain incidents then don’t fucking allow posts like this. You can’t have it both ways.

I agree, fuck the media, but don’t on one hand act in one way to not to give them ammunition then allow a really twatish post that will give them ammunition in the long term…

Yes! The few should be in control of the many!

I would put money on the hypothesis that the majority of BASE jumpers would not him or herself want to be the person to throw a kitten from 320 feet under a 46 inch pilotchute. I may agree that the majority would love to see video of such an act though. Interesting how many people wouldn't do it themselves, but wouldn't mind seeing it on television.

I think most people think this thread is too darn silly to even comment on.

Sorry 813, that is who "WE" (or a portion of the "WE") obviously are at this point in time.

Like you say; a portion. Who knows how big this portion is?

YOU may be completely different, but you or a small group alone doesn't represent the BASE community whether it benefits our marketability or not.

He never argued that he represented the BASE community. He did argue that threads like this do not benefit the BASE community, and have a small chance to harm the BASE community. I agree with him on this.

The bottom line here is not about the kitten. I care about kittens, but as a fan of meat I'm not the one to judge how other people treat animals. That's their decision. The real issue here is whether or not this discussion is actually suitable for a forum about BASE jumping.

I think not.

There are plenty of animal-cruelty or ethical-debate forums out there. Why not try one of those?

Fuck the media and their game.

That's not what you and many others argued when the El Cap protest jump was being discussed. Selective fucking of the media, eh? Not a bad idea per se, but it makes me wonder which party ends up with the cock up his ass; us, or them?

I also have to say; massive kudos to BASE 704 for bringing the best out of us.

This thread certainly served its intended purpose already... :D:D:D

this thread is fucking disgusting...

Speaking as one from whom he tried to borrow a cat (I voted for the PETA option, btw)...

The first post in this thread is a joke. The second post is not.

"The Man Who Loved Cat Chasing" is part of the Bedtime Stories for Skydivers collection.

Another discussion especially posts 4, 9 and 17.

And probably most informative, this thread.

Sheesh. I've been in a crummy mood for 24 hours, and now I'm ready to beat someone into a bloody pulp. Here kitty, kitty...

rl

Edited to add: The old-timers (just for you, Nick) have the best stories, as well as having something resembling a sense of humor.

What is wrong with this younger generation?
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Will you join in the fun if 704 promices to consume any test pilots that don't make it? what if he also sews their hides together into a piece of fashionable attire that will keep him warm through the long winter months?:)lighten up yall, you should hear the jokes paramedics tell.
~j
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

The Cat made it (it was a 36" PC from 180ft)
Cat weighed 4.3 lbs on exit
I tried to convince him to go stowed but he insisted on a PCA.
The harness for the jump was a "Husky" service harness made for seeing eye dogs.
(small breeds like yorkies) All metal buckles.
He had fun.
After the jump...And I quote, he said "now tell 813 to Get off my nuts!"
I did however scold him severely for day blazing the building and risking a burn.
You know what they say...A little pussy is nothing but trouble.

This post is a joke in case you couldnt tell

By the way I would post the pics but it clearly identifies the site, and the pussy would really rather remain anonymous

Daniel
Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones
Tasers - Pepper Spray - Stun Guns and more!
www.dallassecuritysupply.com