jsaxton

Sacramento Jumper on News this morning

Humm,
Me thinks thou hath not a clue about which you speak.
I'm from a tiny tiny little ass crack of a town way out in the middle of fucking no where, and even we have a very well trained and very well equiped TRT team. I know. I was on it for 6 years.

You talk a big talk and I think your absolutely full of shit!!

Actually, as far as I know TowerTopper erects towers for a living, so the chances he does know what he's talking about are fairly big.

He is also correct in stating that there are people out there who would have been able to rescue John more efficiently.

However, what TowerTopper overlooked in my opinion is that the people that are standing by 24 hours a day and seven days a week to help us, might not consider wire rescues their first priority. Their time (and my tax-money) is much better spend on training for more common occurences like traffic accidents or kitchen injuries.

I agree with you (Feeblemind) that TowerTopper's wording may have come off a little abrasive, given the circumstances. However, your personal attack in retaliation does little to improve the situation.

I personally believe that whoever managed to get John of that wire safely did a phenomenal job, and I hope John agrees with me on this. There may be people out there that can do a better job, but until they are willing to step up and do this job or offer free training to fire-departments across the country, these people should not complain.

Two cents...

Yes again I repeat, you're an ASSHAT!!!

That would qualify as a personal attack. Boy you're lucky I'm not a moderator or else you'd be taking a vacation.

Furthermore, in the future, you may consider that you'll catch more flies with honey. Once you resort to childish attacks and name calling, your opinions are weakeded considerably.

So as to the rest of your post, I didn't even read past the personal attack. I imagine there are plenty others who post in this forum who think the same as I do.

Yes again I repeat, you're an ASSHAT!!!

Come on. You know the rules around here. I'm banning you from this forum for 14 days.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Where were his friends to get him down when he got stranded on the wire?

If you read between the lines (or perhaps on the lines) you will see that John appears to have few friends in the Northern California BASE community, and that thus, he was apparently solo on this load.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

This is a response from Feeblemind, which I am posting by his request:

Now that I am sober and been slapped by a moderator let me respond with a clear head.

I stand corrected, Tower you obviously "DID" know about towers and tower rescues, I stand corrected. Maybe next time you could articulate that in your post rather than attacking the fire department in the manner for which they performed a rescue.

The fire department trains and carries equipment to deal with most situations, you must admitt his was a bit of an extreme. Instead of telling the world the fire department a mistake, why don't you offer a suggestion as what we could have done to more efficiently performed the rescue. I would really like to know a better solution than having a firefighter basicaly free climb the cable. They day after the incident several of us firefighters got together and came up with a few other solutions should it ever occur again, but none would be ass efficient as your one hour time to rescue. Please share.

I apologize for the personal attack, I was rather insulted by your attack on the fire department and in haste I responded poorly.

Phil

-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Seen in that light, it's pretty reasonable to say "the fire department probably should have called in some tower professionals who had experience at these kinds of situations."

Or maybe the guy who was hanging there should have called in some tower professionals instead of calling the fire department, if that was the obvious thing to do. :S It sounds to me like the fire dept. did the best job that they possibly could, given the situation. I wouldn't criticize what they did, especially looking at the fact that they had to rescue some person who put himself in a precarious situation while committing a crime.

It sounds like they considered all of their options, and it sounds like they made the right choice since they got him down safely.

>>especially looking at the fact that they had to rescue some person who put himself in a precarious situation while committing a crime.<<

I jumped on jOnes so I have to jump on you too, Keely, however I'm sure it will be a more pleasurable experience . . . :)
There have always been weird laws on the books and I'm hoping someday we'll see laws against parachuting on non-private property just as silly as the below listed ones. While I won’t dare compare the civil rights movement with laws against BASE jumping this is apropos while Rosa Parks lies in state in our nation's capital. There are all kinds of ways to get laws changed. Some write letters, some carry signs, and some like us, and like Rosa, just keep breaking the law because we don’t believe in their validity.

These are some of the various laws that were, or still are, on the books in various states of this country. I see these as the worst kind of ordinances as they are mostly agenda driven by small minded people and have nothing whatever to do with the public good. Okay, except maybe for not letting the blind guy hunt :S. There should be laws prohibiting bank robbery, but no way should there be laws banning parachuting simply because the powers that be can't comprehend it . . .

-It is illegal for a woman wearing a red dress to be out on the streets after 7 p.m.
-A pickle is not officially a pickle unless it bounces.
-A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
-It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
-A man with a moustache may never kiss a woman in public.
-By law, anyone who has been drinking is "sober" until he or she "cannot hold onto the ground".
-You may not step out of a plane in flight.
-It is legal for the blind to hunt.
-It is illegal to give or receive oral sex.
-It is illegal for more than five women to live in a house.
-It is illegal to kiss anyone of not purely American nationality on the 4th of July.
- It is illegal for a woman to drive a car unless there is a man either running or walking in front of it waving a red flag to warn approaching motorists and pedestrians.

NickD :)BASE 194

I see these as the worst kind of ordinances as they are mostly agenda driven by small minded people and have nothing whatever to do with the public good...It is illegal for a woman to drive a car unless there is a man either running or walking in front of it waving a red flag to warn approaching motorists and pedestrians.

Well...not EVERY Case!:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

, and some like us, and like Rosa, just keep breaking the law because we don’t believe in their validity.

Amen brother! Everytime "the gov" kneejerks it causes them more work.

Now I have to go and get some red flags so the wife can drive to the grocery.

I jumped on jOnes so I have to jump on you too, Keely, however I'm sure it will be a more pleasurable experience . . .

Well you're such a charmer, Nick, that you can jump on me any time you like. ;)

There have always been weird laws on the books and I'm hoping someday we'll see laws against parachuting on non-private property just as silly as the below listed ones.

I whole-heartedly agree, but my impression was that this particular incident happened on private property(?), and trespassing on private property is not one of the laws that I would like to do away with. I don't particularly want to find a bunch of rowdy BASE jumpers in MY backyard... unless I invited them, of course.

-A pickle is not officially a pickle unless it bounces.

And this is one of the laws that definitely needs to be kept. I always bounce my pickles before eating them.

"BASE jumping is illegal in California".

I just email the author, [email protected], about this. Has anyone else?

maybe it's good that they report that it is illegal. it keeps those who are afriad of the law from trying this without training.[:/]

if some whuufo thought it was something they would like to try they may just go up with some shit they find at a surplus store. in some instances ignorance is better reported to the ignorant
My photos

My Videos

I am an active Nor-Cal jumper and I know this guy (only briefly). He is a complete idiot and far from a responsible jumper. The fact that he is still alive, surprises me! It's so sad about the future of this site, as always, it only takes one fuckin' dumbass to screw it up for all the rest of us!

Happy jumping to all and PLEASE stay responsible and safe out there!!!!!!!

I urge the local crews to put effort into protecting the great objects in the area...... I know there is alot of respect in Nor Cal, and just a handful of jerks ready to ruin it there....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.