SportChad

Contact info John Agnos

if you sit bacj and think about it, anyone could hit the guy wires, anytime really.

Wrong!

There is no excuse for hitting a guy wire on a slider-up jump. A properly executed tower jump makes it impossible to hit the wire. Striking the wire (or flying between them unintentionaly) is not an accident. It is a result of very poor planning and substandard skills.

I really hope you and your buddies come to realize this. Maybe go back to the bridge and DZ for some training?

bsbd!

Yuri.

skin

So much hate...

Let's see how much peace on earth you can muster after some 2 jump wonder burns your local object by showing it on the 9 oclock news...

...Assuming you ever make a BASE jump.

I have some neon pink DaKine rags for sale on eBay. Check 'em out for when you graduate AFF.
$kin
There's only one Tom Aiello...

Skin,
are you saying that Jon Agnos is a two jump wonder? The jump in question was his 90th.

And are you also saying that this is your local object? I can see it from where I live, and I don't think you and I are neighbors.

And are you also saying it's burned? What's your definition of burned? Reliable sources have told me about some very low stress, enjoyable jumps done there recently.

You can hate the guy and berate him publicly for his mistakes, but don't do it on behalf of "locals" or because you think a site's been burned. Just do it cuz that's how you are.

Skin,
are you saying...

And are you also saying...

And are you also saying....

[...] Just do it cuz that's how you are.

:S

If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

regular corn? or that yummy kettle corn stuff with twice the calories?

Skin,
are you saying that Jon Agnos is a two jump wonder? The jump in question was his 90th.

And are you also saying that this is your local object? I can see it from where I live, and I don't think you and I are neighbors.

And are you also saying it's burned? What's your definition of burned? Reliable sources have told me about some very low stress, enjoyable jumps done there recently.

You can hate the guy and berate him publicly for his mistakes, but don't do it on behalf of "locals" or because you think a site's been burned. Just do it cuz that's how you are.

Jimmy, I haven't had anyone take me that literally in months. Did you shoot R. Kelly's "trapped in the closet" video?

If I had said "How much peace on Earth could you muster if someone had just pissed on your bonfire" would you assume that I had a sizeable mass of incandescant material at hand and that it was extinguished by uninvited urination?

James, please!

It could be argued that even after 90 jumps, to wind up tangled in a web so loosely woven is the definitive statement of inexperience.

The question "How would you feel" is conditional and I felt it appropriate to preclude my hypothetical (although strikingly similar) situation with it in order to provoke some thought (missed. Dammit!). You. clearly, are not emotionaly attached the experience of having your playground misused. I'm left imagining the teeter totter across the street from your house adorned by two thugs selling crack to five year olds and your neighbors, smiling idiotically as they mope past, bid them good day. Nice!

And as for burning an object...

I sat under a microwave tower with a can of gas for almost an hour last week and barely removed 8 inches of paint from one of the legs. I know they don't really burn.

I don't know John Agnos. He doesn't strike me as my kind of person but that's hardly a criticism. I have zero emitional investment in the whole John Agnos deal. I made fun at a figure dangling like a twat from a string on the news and highlighted the irony of the pleeding and snivelling (sic) 911 call (edits of which I enjoy as my cell phone ring tone) versus the bravado and incompetance of his interview and jump respectively.

In short, it's just a big joke to me...and it is how I am. I could care less about the locals and whether they burn their sites...which...kinda does make me a local, huh?

Full circle. The nature of karma itself.

Happy New Year, Jimmy.

No bad feelings I hope. None were intended.
It's all just fun and games ('til someone gets hurt).

Give my love to John...in whatever manner you Californian's do that kind of thing...:o
$kin
There's only one Tom Aiello...

if you sit bacj and think about it, anyone could hit the guy wires, anytime really.

WOW!
if you truly believe this, you have MUCH to learn about managing risk.

Have you ever been to this site?

This site allows for SEVERAL (many) seconds of tracking.
Please review your trigonometry to realize how great your arc of safety becomes with every 10 feet of horizontal separation from a mast.

a person would have to have a combination of;
poor skills
bad judgement
bad luck

to hit the wires here.
of course all of the above are factors involving ANY accident, bu the site in question is particularly "easy".

have you read any of Tom Begic's posts regarding managing risk?.
You may find them of value.

be safe

kleggo

...Assuming you ever make a BASE jump.

I have some neon pink DaKine rags for sale on eBay. Check 'em out for when you graduate AFF.

Thanks for the offer, but I already have a dark blue jump suit, which i bought when I graduated aff. I make no fasle claims about how many jumps I have.

Who knows if Ill ever make a base jump. What I do know is I have a lot to learn before I do from the guy who has offered to be my mentor if and when Im ever ready.
I might even meet you one day and have a beer.

Happy new year :)

Skin, I don't know you but do wish to meet and jump with you some day. Your post was well put and absolutely correct. I AM a local and (used to) jump this site regularly. I think this guy is very incapable and made an ASS out of himself both on TV and within the community. I laughed my ass off for days after hearing the phone call and TV interview.

Keep those posts coming!!

Hey Skin!
Bravo on the response to me. See I knew you didn't REALLY care. THat's all I wanted to hear. It just sounded like you were being protective of that antenna for a second...my bad. You were being ironical. I get it now.

Anyway, if you have the 911 call as a ringtone for your cell phone, then you will absolutely love the tribute to Jon Agnos "Keen 'n Unable" that I did. Seriously, find a way to check it out. If you don't laugh really, really hard, I'll give you $25.

Gotta go, at the holiday boogie in Arizona right now with a really hot girl. WHich begs the question, why am I on the computer right now.

ANyway, sorry for taking you literaly, but in my defense, I didn't think that you thought the antenna actually caught on fire.

Happy New years BIATCH,
jimmy

Really, everyone...shut the fuck up. People, no matter their reputations, mess up.. mistakes happen. talking about it for days, weeks, years, forever....doesnt matter. JA fucked up again, JA lived, AWESOME!!! YOU FUCKED UP( YOU ALMOST DIED) BUT YOU LIVED!!!!! SWEET!! do ou need everyone rubbing it in, bringing up past shit, being an asshole infront of you, NO!!! I don t care about JA, and Im in SF. Im over it. its not burned. AND even if it were (altho it would suck) burned, we (IMHO) have other things to entertain us. If you think not, come visit us in SUNNY CALIFORNIA!!!!!!) now get out and jump, pleny of air to waste!!!