JaapSuter

Bridge Day on Belgium Television

Streaming ASX file here...

Most of it is in Flemish and Dutch, but it shows some good footage of Bridge Day (and another nearby bridge...). It also has a short interview with Russel and footage of his first jump that day.

Commentary is not too impressive unfortunately. Apparently we "live for the adrenaline rush we get from opening our parachute the last possible second."

I actually enjoy pulling as high as possible. In fact, when there is a diving board, I pull above the exit point... ;)

Forgot to add, thanks for the link Thijs!

question to the 2 landings of this guy in the red-yellow-go-fast-longsleve:

is this the way a landing should look like? (looked strange to me - well, i do not know anything about it...)

Pretty good footage. I saw Teddy getting ready to jump my new rig. I saw his opening, but didn't get to see him or JW land it in the water. My poor mistreated rig.:(

Was that Alana I saw in the tie-dye shirt? She looked pretty freaked out!!! Russel and Collins jump looked really sweet.

Now I'm mad I didn't go!!! [:/]

Thats Justi in TyeDye... ;)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

WOW

thats hilarious:$:$:$:$:$:D:D

~boogie ho!!
pull before impact!
L.A.S.T#14, PMS #309, Ci EL O DI O SA

Can anybody 'download' it somehow to their harddrive? This is a weekly program on the television so they will probably delete the file next monday or tuesday.
Thijs

saw these Belgium & Dutch dudes at that nearby low bridge with their newscrew in tow....

nice work, guys, dragging a TV crew to that object at that time of year and day for your own glorification... [:/] timing could have been better

Commentary is not too impressive unfortunately. Apparently we "live for the adrenaline rush we get from opening our parachute the last possible second."

cya

base 980.

First of all, 1 guy from belgium, 1 guy from holland. (yep, me)

Of course the object is not hot at all, especially after so many people jumping it before and after BD, and having someone break his ankle there (and we carrying him out BTW)

Having a camera on the ground and showing it (not naming it) on a regional TV station in Belgium after BD, yeah, that would make an object hot in the US. But then, a link on dz.com surely helps the US authorities. As if they don't know people jump there, just look at the mail of Jason Bell, with police garding it in 2003.

Bit contradictive to want the TV crew to leave to see you stand-up landings, and to want to have them there to film a stowed jump. Make up your mind I would say. We both did a hand-held for that matter, no PCA in sight.

Maybe we can discuss your hard feelings standing on the same object some time in future?

Regards,

Ronald Overdijk

goede morgen, Ronald, hoe gaat dit?

PM sent.

I don't have such hard feelings about this, I just think timing could have been better and I'll happily discuss that anytime we're on the same object.

For the record, I didn't want a TV crew there at all, I was just making fun of the way the media always spins basejumps.

I apologize for calling PCA, I didn't see the exit and other people had said PCA.

Were you jumping a Raven?

Don't know about 2003, but I am aware of what happened there in 2004, involving a really inappropiate way to access the object and the ensuing arrival of State Troopers. Followed later by the object strike incident.

see you around

PS - realised I could still edit my first post, so I did, to correct the PCA/handheld mistake and tone it down a bit

Excellent - they got the Donk anD BoneZ 3-way too!

Hope someone can download it before it dissappears.

edited to add:
And they even got our boy DT giving directions on how to go to the top of that 'other' bridge. Nice job DT!

Later,
BASE864

Hey that was a pretty good piece, especially since I didn't have to listen to the commentary. I didn't realize you were the guys in town prior to BD. I thought that living room looked very familiar. I remember that Belgium guy went off the exit point while I was working. Thanks for carrying our injured out of you know where.

Cya.

Too late, the link now points to a news item about "The great sex inquiry" :D

ciel bleu,
Saskia