leroydb

Bridge Day Milestones

1. I really enjoyed the talk from Mike and Brian. They about brought the room to tears with the pure life emotion they brought to the room. I even got them to sign my 100th jump and even my BASE patch! Definatley going in the BASE scrap book

2. I had an awesome time this year, even with the long wait times I was about to get 3 jumps in; doing jumps 99 thru 101.

#99 diving board... 2 front flip (called) with a half twist on the 2nd clip (not called)
I believ I was interviewed before that jump

#100 RAN OFF DID MY FIRST BACK LAYOUT and it was SWEEEET
landed in the 15ft circle again

#101 flat and stable, took a 5.5 sec delay
very windy, very turbulent... still landed in the 30 ft circle

Most importantly I met even more people and made as many friends and contacts

Thanks to all for such a great event.

Le RoyDB
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

" how did that guy know i was leroy??" - leroy

"dude its because you make like 4000 posts a day!" - some guy

nice seein ya man

-e

Dont die!

right back at ya man, met a ton of great people!
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I really enjoyed the talk from Mike and Brian. They about brought the room to tears with the pure life emotion they brought to the room. I even got them to sign my 100th jump and even my BASE patch! Definatley going in the BASE scrap book

Thanks LeRoy,

I'm glad I forgot my drawn-out boring written speech at the cabin. Nick DG gave me a quick tutorial on making an impromptu speech just before I came up - thanks Nick. That, and a few too many drinks helped me get through it without bombing too bad.

I was fully prepared to have a lot of tomatoes thrown at me however.
In theory, there is no difference bretween theory and practice. In practice, however, there is. -

"RIP Forever Brian Schubert. Always remembered, Never forgotten" - Leroy DB
http://www.johnny

Hey Mike

it was a pleasure to meet you and Brian.

As Jean said in her speech, "we all stand on the shoulders of the jumpers before us" :)
hope to see you at BD '06!

James
BASEstore.it

>>I was fully prepared to have a lot of tomatoes thrown at me however.<<

I was so happy to see you two up there . . .

I've been to many BD post-meetings, and you guys absolutely made '05 the one I'll never forget. Tomatoes? Heck, with a little prompting that audience would have thrown money and their first born at you.

You had them in the palm of your hand.

I've never seen anyone get a standing ovation before at BD and I think all together you and Brian had three, not to mention how many people were in tears. (Including me).

It was a real pleasure meeting you Mike . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

I was fully prepared to have a lot of tomatoes thrown at me however.

You were a hoot, Mike. I didn't stop laughing at that wonderful, ironic humor that seems to be the hallmark of your personality.

What I enjoyed most, however, was the conversation I had with your son a few nights before. He's so proud of you (and of his mother too).

He's a great kid, and any parent would be blessed to call him "son."

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

1. I really enjoyed the talk from Mike and Brian. They about brought the room to tears with the pure life emotion they brought to the room. I even got them to sign my 100th jump and even my BASE patch! Definatley going in the BASE scrap book

Everyone especially liked that comment about the canopies pulling the boats out of the water. :D
F LORIDA!

He's a great kid, and any parent would be blessed to call him "son."

Yes Rhonda, our son Brian was very appropriately named after our dear friend, Brian Schubert. We couldn't be more proud of him and his older sister Jacqui. We have definitely been blessed.
In theory, there is no difference bretween theory and practice. In practice, however, there is. -

"RIP Forever Brian Schubert. Always remembered, Never forgotten" - Leroy DB
http://www.johnny

Ok everybody let's not get off onto another subject... This thread is supposed to be about Leroy;).

nevermind.....
Mike, nice meeting you and your son. Glad I came to Bridge Day this year!
Jason