jimmyh

It's official and it's on video

Yesterday this guy JT holmes outracked the tallis of a very big wall in Northern California with Phoenix pants and a ski jacket.

I got a nice shot of it and I was thinking about putting it up on the internet. But then I thought, why not just wait and put it in Keen 'N Able. It'll be done by the end of November.

Congrats jt, that was hands down one of the most amazing things I've ever seen a human being do.

edit to remove flame bait ~TA

Congrats jt, that was hands down one of the most amazing things I've ever seen a human being do.

Congratulations! It is almost as good as an average jump by an average Norgie... but a huge achivement for NorCal crew.

bsbd!

Yuri.

It is almost as good as an average jump by an average Norgie... but a huge achivement for NorCal crew.

Honestly, I'd say it's a pretty big achievement for any American jumper. There are lots of Norgies and quite a few other Europeans who could do that easily (I talked to some guys last week who wanted to give it a go without any special tracking garb). But Americans tend to track like lead bricks, and we've lagged several years behind most of the rest of the world (especially the Norwegians) in developing tracking jumps.

Good show, JT! You're one of the very few Americans who can track on a level with those folks across the pond.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Jimmy,

I edited your post. Please read the Forum Rules, specifically this bit (emphasis added by me):

Personal attacks on another user are a great way to earn some time off, as is posting inflammatory material specifically to provoke a negative response from someone (aka trolling). If you are unclear about what a 'troll' is, a description can be found here.

Thanks!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

No doubt it was a good jump and I don't care where you're from. I am glad though that it was a local that did it at our local rock.

But let me say this...If you're sayng it was an "average" jump for a Norgie or an aussie than I'm not so sure you guys know what your talking about. And I'm kidding cuz I know yuri knows what he's talking about. But seriously, it was on par with the best jumps done by the best European trackers. 29 seconds, fifteen of which were spent at a consistent 300-400 ft. (meters?) above that tallis.

Lots of people have talked about doing it, and many of those talking could do it. But guess what? JT did it, has anyone else?

And oh yeah, if you think you can do it without tracking "garb" do it with the garb first. This is a little different than Norway.

jh:
.."And I'm kidding cuz I know yuri knows what he's talking about."

Yuri. Track ?
I heard that if you take away his WS. He just falls like a Tool-Box........:ph34r:

jh:
..."If you're sayng it was an "average" jump for a Norgie or an aussie "

Everybody Knows that those Aussy's can't Track to save there Ass.
The highest thing they got to jump on that wore-down Continent is a 100 meter high, pile of rocks..........:o

Alright I will give it one more try to be a Troll.
Norgies ! Shiiiiiiit, The only reason they can Track half as good as people say.
It's just there feeble attempt to Try to Keep-Up with those damn, Fins. .........;)
Or how about this one ?:
It just looks like they Take-It -Down to the Basement on purpose on those Long Tracks.
Really it's just because there fingers just keep Slipping of the Pilot-Chute from eating Herring and Sardines for lunch......:P

Can someone correct if I'm wrong... Are we really comparing cliffs in Norway to cliffs in California? Aren't we trying to compare apples to oranges?

I don't know you JT and I don't know the cliff... But kudos to you!!! I'm sure when you jumped, the last thing in your mind was how it compared to the many legal cliffs in Norway...

BATMAN - (A.K.A. SBCmac ...)

I was there watching JT from above with a bird man watching him out track the shit out of the talus, doing it with ease, and all I could think was that the mexican in him gave him the talent to do it. Now the Mexicans are on the map.

I saw lightning at sunset

Word, Scotty

Alright I will give it one more try to be a Troll.
09/23/2005 BARFUESSER, NUERNBERG
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY PUBLIC OF GERMANY
Reference No: 320052690122875006 41.95

>>I don't think it'll fit in your widow maker!
:D

Norgies... New vid comming soon.
http://tollmuth.com/html/video/baseteaser.mpg

Do, or do not. There is no try.

WOW... that was pretty sick footage...

NICE, Very NICE !
It gets my blood pumping just watching. I had small Heart Palpitations and sweating.!
Now excuse me. I have to watch the teaser, one more time.........;)

Norgies....Wow - what amazing footage! Definitely left me wanting more. That was incredible.

Nor Cal Big Wall Track:
Saw this beautiful picture last night and thought about JT's flight over the magical valley - kind of the same, but different. Out-tracking the talus...congratulations! Last year it was only talk....this year...a great accomplishment indeed.

Last year it was only talk....

One should be extremely careful in labelling jumps done by previous jumpers as "just talk" merely because you were not in the loop on them, or they did not receive wide spread video publication. Such could easily be taken as intentionally offensive.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I meant it was "just talk" within a group of people that included him and a few others...not referring to any other jumpers.

one is extremely careful...

Why when i download it do i only get the title screen and nothing more? [:/]

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Can someone correct if I'm wrong... Are we really comparing cliffs in Norway to cliffs in California? Aren't we trying to compare apples to oranges?

Norwegian cliffs are way better than American ones, and red is deffenitly better than blue and... and... grapes kicks ass on both apples and oranges B| Way to go JT, i guess you got it going after our sweet flight from #4 i Kjerag. New thing in Norway right now is not to outtrack anything, but closetrack(tm) everything. Got some insane footage from this weekend, looks like the jumper/pilot is wearing a skateboard on the belly, the teaser is just a taste...

That made my balls tingle.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

sure thats not your boxers being too tight?
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

congrats JT!!! after our jumps in italy i knew you gonna make it!!! can´t wait to see the footage...

cya in winter!

andY