vandev

New base Commercial...

I have been seeing this commercial a lot as well. Try the Discovery or History channel. I would agree it looks a lot like Moab since of the color of the clifts.

What I like the most is... main stream media attention! It is geting there folks. One day BASE will be accepted!

Just the othe day a friend of mine who knows I am into sky diving and wanting to try BASE gave me an Audi monthly magazine. Low and behold in it was a multipage article on Karina Hollekim doing BASE jumps for their spread. So I google searched her.

Is she hot or what?

DAVE
"... and I'll jump off that bridge when I get to it...."

all they did was build a fake house on the Gash. Apex Moab should have gotten the job. They live here and have more jumps off that jump then anyone.

Oh well, great commercial.

-

Hello all and thank you for your comments about the Base-Jump commercial. Yes it was Dave Barlia, he was the actor and stunt man in the spot. And yes it was done in Moab, Utah. Everything from the front steps to the edge of the cliff is real. We got 6 jumps out of him, some of you did notice that in some of the takes he was higher than the house. This is true, we got 6 jumps out of him during filming, three off the cliff and then three out of a helicopter at 3,500 feet. I am the producer of the commercial and came up with the idea. The original idea had the man coming out of the house and rock climbing down to his car. The actual house was shot in Pasadena and then comped in the background. But we actually built the fence and front fascade of the house and flew by helicopter 5 pallettes of grass to the top of the mountain. And yes he actually landed within 10 ft of the SUV. The vehicle is the Grand Vitara by Suzuki. It is a really nice car at a great price I highly recommend you test drive one. It handles great. If you have any other questions about the commercial feel free and email me. There was also a post that someone said they jumped the night before we shot. That would be hard to do since we had police officers watching it all night. That was a very difficult jump being only 865 feet and there was a shelf at 500 feet that you would crash into if you didn't pull your chute in time. Thanks and take care. I am attatching a picture I took with him jumping off the cliff.

That would be hard to do since we had police officers watching it all night. That was a very difficult jump being only 865 feet and there was a shelf at 500 feet that you would crash into if you didn't pull your chute in time. Thanks and take care. I am attatching a picture I took with him jumping off the cliff.

Apparently Dave didn't fill you in too well on who we are and what we do.
There aren't too many cliffs in Moab proper with more than 500' to impact, yet thousands of jumps are made there each year legally. Getting around cops is just part of the job for many jumps (albeit not usually in Moab!).

Nice work on the commercial though. you guys did a great job--although as cool as it was, I'm not convinced I'd buy a Suzuki, unless maybe it was a motorcycle.
cheers,
pope

PS: NO PICTURE ATTACHED

There was also a post that someone said they jumped the night before we shot. That would be hard to do since we had police officers watching it all night.

I think you underestimate BASE Jumpers, that's actually something many of us are good at... :P
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

they were too busy tucking into the donuts provided by the set caterers...

good commercial though.hope he got paid accordingly,was it done under SAG guidelines/contract?

Nice one Dave!
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

thats 365 ft till talus... so you could get 250-300ft free fall....

why would you put police out there? base isnt illegal out there...:S (to protect ur set?)

was also a post that someone said they jumped the night before we shot. That would be hard to do since we had police officers watching it all night. That was a very difficult jump being only 865 feet and there was a shelf at 500 feet that you would crash into if you didn't pull your chute in time. Thanks and take care. I am attatching a picture I took with him jumping off the cliff.

edit spelling
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

There was also a post that someone said they jumped the night before we shot. That would be hard to do since we had police officers watching it all night.

Um... par for the course.

That was a very difficult jump being only 865 feet and there was a shelf at 500 feet

As far as cliff jumps go, this one is pretty basic.

that you would crash into if you didn't pull your chute in time.

That's good to know. Ya gotta pull that chute in time.;)

The vehicle is the Grand Vitara by Suzuki. It is a really nice car at a great price I highly recommend you test drive one."""

ill get right on that...

"rock climbing -down- to his car"

who the hell is this guy?

"That was a very difficult jump being only 865
"

huh, i guess i learned to BASE jump the hard way then...

Seriously, this guy is my hero... i am laughing pretty hard...

Yea I must have learned the hard way too! My 3rd and 4th jumps were from a 265 other.

Coco

"That was a very difficult jump being only 865
"

huh, i guess i learned to BASE jump the hard way then...

Seriously, this guy is my hero... i am laughing pretty hard...

The vehicle is the x by x. It is a really nice car at a great price I highly recommend you test drive one. It handles great.

Nice plug... there is no such thing as a SUV that handles great.

Good job on the commercial though :P

The funny thing about this is that although the advertising/TV guy posting obviously has very little clue about the jump, Dave Barlia (the jumper) is for sure the real deal. Dave was jumping some pretty hard core stuff before most of us had even made a skydive. He also went up to that island of big walls in Canada (and did it all the hard way) years before it became a highly publicized place.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Cops? Yeah I think BASE Jumpers are good enough to out wit them....

Hey all in all it is showing the sport in a positive outlook! We need more comercials like this. And more magazine articles of that hot Red bull chick I posted about too! :)
"... and I'll jump off that bridge when I get to it...."

If you have any other questions about the commercial feel free and email me.

Can't find your email address, and it looks as if you haven't logged in under your username since the post, if you check in, any way you can update that? Thanks!

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.