vandev

New base Commercial...

I dont know if anyone saw...but tonight i saw a new base jump commercial. It was Dave Barlia jumping a cliff in Mohab i suspect as it was Mohab as it was very orange.... and then he opens his canopy and flies down and get's in a SUV.....and drives off. I cant rember the car cause i was out side BBQ'ing and running around. ...Someone will see it and know what car, cliff and the rest of the details.... Just thought i would put it out there.... B|

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

just saw it, it was the suzuki vitara suv. Pretty sweet.

Gotta go... plaything needs to spank me
Feel the hate...
Photos here

I wanna live in that house!!!!

I think it's a Jeep ad.

Huh?!? What cloud?!? Oh that!!! That's just Industrial Haze
Alex M.

YEAH!

ME and two friend went there.......to Mary gash..... mineral bottom...... and we found a lot of trucks and they were builting a house......:o

two days after we went there and the security guard was stoned..... we asked..... can we jump the house?????

he asnwereed: YEAH! can I watch?????;)

sure dude.......

and we ( I don't know if I can say whoelse) jumped.......B|

It was sweet.......

Cya
Andre.

Actually, it "Mari's Gash".
She often flies a Spectre gunship, and doesn't really like having her name mis-spelled.
Got it?

BASE359
"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

My tv tends to stay on Discovery alot so I'm gonna bet that one. Also geno is correct...it's a Suzuki Grand Vitara ad not Jeep. I didn't catch him saying that above because it looked like a quote and I just skipped over it and read his signature thinking that was his post. I couldn't figure out what chopchop and his girlfriend had to do with this thread.

Huh?!? What cloud?!? Oh that!!! That's just Industrial Haze
Alex M.

Keep seeing it on the FOX network and around 6 or 7:00 PM. I am going to take a shot at recording it tonight on my HD. I will let all know if i get lucky.

Later.....Chris

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

Just saw it!!! Freaking sweet!!! On the Discovery channel 7:35. Definitally looks like moab.

ok..i missed last night ..i will try tonight at the time you stated....Thanks....chrisB|

I'm sure they run it a lot on that channel. I was only watching for about 15 minutes and caught it. Its a smart channel to have it on, that or OLN.

D

hey folks. Me and a bunch of friends jumped the house when it was under construction. Does any one have a copy of the comerical. Would love to add it to my viedo.
Thanks

the majority of that commercial looks computer rendered...the only "real" looking footage was the opening... kinda gay..imo

Thanks for the link. We jumped that house when it was under construction and the day before the shoot.
I add this to my collection.

PS The only thing that was compiter generated was the Wings and the second story of the house.
The lawn, garden hose, walls, door, fence Etc. were real.

cya

Dave Balia is one of my favorite friends and I have much respect for him as a BASE jumper. He's been out there doing it since the 80s and you never hear much about it . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

I totally agree with you Nick!

I've been seeing the commercial repeatedly on the Sci Fi channel. I'm way happy for Dave that he got the stunt slot AND the principle slot! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Good on you Dave! Love to Karleen...

Peace,
K

Just saw it the first time - sitting next to a 93 year old woman.

She: "That`s a dumb commercial!" :S

Uh oh - I didn`t say anything. :)

[whisper] I like it [/whisper]

Kat

I've seen Dave's commercial at LEAST 30 times now on my favorite cable channels. I hope he's getting a royalty for every time it airs! They are playing the crap outta that commercial and every time I crack a huge grin. It has got to be the best commercial I've ever seen! Ok, so I'm partial and biased...but DAVE ROCKS!!!!

Peace,
K

I've seen the commercial a few times also...........

My girlfriend has finally accepted my skydiving , since I took her to couch this year and she did her first tandem...

She now say's to me....I really don't want u base jumping......

When she say the commercial , she even had a big smile on her face........

which is a good sign........... :)

I don't know Dave..... but

keep up the great work dude...........the commercial rocks

Mike

================================
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

WTF. How is that far fetched? He did it didn't he! Yea, most people aren't gonna make a base jump to thier car before work but seriously; I hate stupid people.

I'd like to smack that writer and say "ITS JUST A COOL COMMERCIAL TO CATCH YOUR ATTENTION, YOU RETARD!"

Coco

A few weeks ago, i had the pleasure of working with the people who made the commercial. Director Klaus Obermeyer of Aero Film has made some memorable spots, including the Tony Hawk/Doritos commercial.

For Suzuki, Klaus and crew went to Mari's Gash to shoot three jumps. The jump is real, shot from different angles, including the stunning crane shot that follows him from the door to opening. As someone said in a previous post, most of the house and yard are also real, build right on the edge of the cliff. They digitally inserted the rest from an actual house and neighborhood in southern California (that's not site naming, is it?)

Klaus didn't want the skydiving footage, but the customer wanted more freefall. So they shot a skydive over the canyons and recut the spot to Suzuki's pleasure.

The jumper/actor (same guy that plays the yuppie makes the jump) also landed right next to the SUV, having his canopy fall exactly as the script demanded.

When I told Klaus that my last jump was from the same site, he asked if there was any sign of the shoot. I told him there wasn't and he looked pleased. Klaus respects the "take only pictures, leave only footprints" minimum impact philosophy of many back-country parachutists.

And he is no stranger to BASE jumping, or the dangers involved. One of Klaus's close friends died, not from jumping a famous big wall but from being chased into a river after the jump.

Can someone direct me to an online copy of the Suzuki commercial? Or send one to me?
Mari would like to see it, and doesn't get to see too much TV.

"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"