littlestranger

I am a backcountry parachutist...

Hi Everyone

I too would like to thank Tom for all his hard work and input which was clearly evident in the course we received - it was great fun and very comprehensive. I would reccomend it to anyone.

Also thanks to Eric, Micky , Kate and Theresa for all the fun, laughs and good times - it was a blast and i couldn't have picked a better bunch of people to share the week with.

The 5-way was awesome - and a fitting conclusion to an awesome week. Well worth the 11000 mile round trip plus 1700 mile drive !!!!

I am just about awake now and remembering all the great moments.

If any of you find yourtself in Europe, then my house is yours ...

As for the T-shirts i think we'll keep the originals just for our group - but i'll make a bunch of similar "Death Camp" shirts if there's a demand so if anyone wants one let me know.

James

hey superman i didnt see that it were you there:ph34r:

Now you better be ready for my next visit,plus i still didnt got to try your Kajaks...;)

Congrats on your return to the sport,im happy you did it this way..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Hey Faber

we superhero's prefer the low profile approach :P

You had better get ready for my visit - after both you and Nickolaj have invited me, i guess it's going to be BOOGIE TIME in Denmark soon !!!!

Especially now i KNOW that you can use a slider !!!

As for the Kayaks - anytime you fancy it ...As you know - my house is yours (but no having sex with my rig - It's just wrong !!!)

James

When do you plan to get here?

Not sure the phone # ive got on you is working...

Yeah i can jump slider up.. if i had a slider..Nikolaj got 1 of them and i just burned the other one...But hey bring your SL gear and ill take you to some funny place:P nah i have serval places you would jump..B|

I dunno when i return to UK,but lets see:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I actually have a pair of Hanwags, they kill my feet. Apparently I have to take them swimming first to get them to fit right...

What is the conventional wisdom on breaking in these boots? I don't want to ruin them, but I've definitely got to do something and fast.

What is the conventional wisdom on breaking in these boots? I don't want to ruin them, but I've definitely got to do something and fast.

Only thing to do is posting nude pics of you(nearly nude as you need to wear the boots ofcourse:P)

I guess you should just wear them...;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Getting them wet won't hurt them. I've broken in boots before by wearing them into knee deep water (I filled a bathtub until it ran over the tops of the water proof boots) until they were thoroughly soaked, then wearing them the rest of the day. Be sure to protect your feet, though, as the break-in day can be pretty painful. You can also keep changing socks every hour or so, to help protect your feet (and dry the boots faster).

Disclaimer: I've never owned a pair of Hanwags, and my Crispi's didn't need any breaking in.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

For your Hanwags try new insoles (Superfeet) and wear good socks (Smartwool) it makes a huge diff .

For your Hanwags try new insoles (Superfeet) and wear good socks (Smartwool) it makes a huge diff .

I'll have to agree with you. Ive had two pairs of hanwags (dont ask) and wearing thick hiking socks made them perfectly comfortable. I put gel inserts in the first pair that made them even a little more comfortable.

When I played soccer in HS we used to get our leather cleats soaked and then wore them to break them in, although they were alwayspurchased too small and the water allowed the leather to stretch around our feet. I dont think the hanwags will stretch around your feet.

good luck, and as uncomfotable as they are to you a cast and limp will suck a lot more.

Thanks Tom, your suggestion seems more practical than Faber's

huh?
atleast my way dont hurt your feets:P

good luck and dont get too big blistersB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

go faber's way. it worked for me. you can still use socks in faber's method. :-)

Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE